Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What I Miss from MMOs - Garrett Fuller at MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageWhat I Miss from MMOs - Garrett Fuller at MMORPG.com

In playing MMOs since Ultima Online there are a long list of reasons why I used to log in every night. As you get older and life kicks in, it becomes harder to find time online. However, there are certain aspects of MMOs that I feel really bring out why we play these games. It is the reason so many independent projects are finding funding now, because we want to play together.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• subxaerosubxaero Member UncommonPosts: 94
    edited May 2017
    Tottal agree, yes MMOs have become kinda monotonus and one sided.

And even though many will disagree MMOs the last 6-7 years MMOs had apsolutely horrible social aspects.
    Nothing beats DAOC and WoW community during TBC era. Especially during TBC guilds were like small societies, we were so close at a moment that we even travelled across EUrope to meet each other. ANd no i wasnt young i had responsibilities back then aswell.

Then it came that small patch during Wotlk that destroyed everything for me.

There is still room for MMORPGs but they need to go back to the basics, just because it is the era of mobas and shooters doesnt mean making the MMOs more arcade will help the genre.It had the apsolute different result, it made the games even worse..

And yes for example current Warcraft is more polished and overall better game than vanilla/tbc/wotlk in terms of game mechanics and balance. But who f cares when it has lost the most precious and important aspect of an MMORPG and thats its community and social interaction with each another..hell even with enemies