Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PC / Mac Minimum & Recommended System Reqs for Morrowind - Elder Scrolls Online - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imagePC / Mac Minimum & Recommended System Reqs for Morrowind - Elder Scrolls Online - MMORPG.com

Elder Scrolls Online News - If you're wondering whether or not your machine can handle the Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind expansion, wonder no longer. The team has posted both the minimum and recommended system specifications for both PC and Mac.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,483
    85 GB HDD space...

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Lucky I just uninstalled a lot of games I haven't played in a while.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

Ginaz said:

85 GB HDD space...

What the actual Fuck....
  • MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    oh wait so I actually have to upgrade my computer to play this expansion???
  • RedMachine72RedMachine72 Member UncommonPosts: 154

Ginaz said:

85 GB HDD space...

What the actual Fuck....

I think that might be combined, base plus the expansion.

• Nemesis7884Nemesis7884 Member UncommonPosts: 1,023
    isn't the current game like 30-35g? why does it jump that much?
  • GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,483

Just checked and I have 52 GB installed right now, so Morrowind will be around 30 on it's own? That's a lot to ask people to download, esp. if they're doing it from scratch.

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

Ginaz said:

Just checked and I have 52 GB installed right now, so Morrowind will be around 30 on it's own? That's a lot to ask people to download, esp. if they're doing it from scratch.

My Morrowind install (PTS) right now is 56 GB compared to my live install that is 51.9 GB. ESO does some funky installs and usually does want about 30 GB more for installs than what eventually ends up being the install size. I suspect that's what that 80 GB thing is all about.

it's also amusing that this DLC, which is all this is, continues to be hyped and treated as if it were something so different that a new set of system specs has to be announced for it.

Basically if you can run ESO as it currently exists, you'll be able to run it after the Morrowind DLC just fine.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• Nemesis7884Nemesis7884 Member UncommonPosts: 1,023
    edited May 2017
    But 50+ gb seemas to be were games often end up these days...time to buy bigger ssd's
  • SainguinSainguin Member UncommonPosts: 75
    edited May 2017

Iselin said:

Ginaz said:

My Morrowind install (PTS) right now is 56 GB compared to my live install that is 51.9 GB. ESO does some funky installs and usually does want about 30 GB more for installs than what eventually ends up being the install size. I suspect that's what that 80 GB thing is all about.

it's also amusing that this DLC, which is all this is, continues to be hyped and treated as if it were something so different that a new set of system specs has to be announced for it.

Basically if you can run ESO as it currently exists, you'll be able to run it after the Morrowind DLC just fine.

Jesus dude, months later [mod edit]

"DLC, which is all this is"

We get it, you have a hateboner for ESO. Enough already.
    Post edited by Vaross on
  • darkhalf357xdarkhalf357x Member UncommonPosts: 1,237

Ginaz said:

85 GB HDD space...

What the actual Fuck....

Yeah I can't say the space is being used efficiently or not, but the game is massive.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited May 2017
    I have ESO with the gold (4 DLC) pack installed on PS4 and it is taking exactly 81.07GB of space. If i buy Morrowind it could easily get close to 100GB. Glad i have 6TB on my PS4, but this is getting ridiculous. Soon it wont matter what GPU/CPU/console you have, it's all about hard drive space...

Post edited by rojoArcueid on

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    edited May 2017

Torval said:

Don't be too hard on Iselin. He's carrying a very heavy salt  block over this.

Yes, because I'm the only one saying this lol. Quick go check those system specs.

BTW, these are the current ESO system specs before Morrowind:

PC Minimum System Requirements:

Operating System: Windows 7 32-bit
    Processor: Intel® Core i3 540 or AMD A6-3620 or higher
    System RAM: 3GB
    Hard Disk Space: 85GB free HDD space
    GPU: Direct X 11.0 compliant video card with 1GB RAM (NVIDIA® GeForce® 460 / AMD Radeon™ 6850) or higher
    Sound: DirectX compatible sound card
    Internet: Internet Broadband Connection

PC Recommended System Requirements:

Operating System: Windows 7 64-bit
    Processor: Intel® Core i5 2300 or AMD FX4350
    System RAM: 8B
    Hard Disk Space: 85GB free HDD space
    GPU: Direct X 11.0 compliant video card with 2GB RAM (NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 750 or AMD Radeon™ HD 7850) or higher
    Sound: DirectX compatible sound card
    Internet: Internet Broadband Connection

And these are the ones for Morrowind:

Minimum:

• Windows 7 32-bit; Intel® Core i3 540 or AMD A6-3620
    • 3GB System RAM
    • 85GB free HDD space
    • DirectX 11 compliant video card with 1 GB of RAM (NVIDIA® GeForce® 460 / AMD Radeon™ 6850) or higher
    • DirectX compatible sound card
    • Internet broadband connection

Recommended:

• Windows 7 64-bit
    • Intel® Core i5 2300 or AMD FX4350
    • 8GB System RAM
    • 85GB free HDD space
    • DirectX 11 compliant video card with 2 GB of RAM (NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 750 or AMD Radeon™ HD 7850) or higher

See the difference? No, me neither.

But hey we need a new article about the new Morrowind system specs lol.

I'm sorry if it offends some of you that I don't go along with your regurgitated happy hype and treat it as real news.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED