Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Got an invite to private beta today.

Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
Got an email that said I had been registered for beta, leave lots of feedback, and keep my mouth shut.  I don't sub and don't remember submitting a request so this must be a random thingy.  D/L now in progress...

"You're invited to our closed beta test for The Elder Scrolls® Online: Morrowind® on PC/Mac! If you'd like to participate in the beta, you can find more information and instructions in this email." ...

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

Comments

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003

Got an email that said I had been registered for beta, leave lots of feedback, and keep my mouth shut.  I don't sub and don't remember submitting a request so this must be a random thingy.  D/L now in progress...

"You're invited to our closed beta test for The Elder Scrolls® Online: Morrowind® on PC/Mac! If you'd like to participate in the beta, you can find more information and instructions in this email." ...

You are sure it's from the actual company and that it's not some phishing scam or that you are downloading loads of viruses?
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • AnirethAnireth Member UncommonPosts: 940
    edited May 2017
    Was wondering the same thing. But a lot depends on how it's done. If you download from the official site, and you can log in and everything, all's fine.

Using a link in that email on the other hand..feeling lucky today?

If it involves a beta key, it's usually displayed, so you can enter it on the ofificial page. Any confirmation links should be re-requestable via the official page, unless they have a messed up website.

@botrytis: Morrowind - http://www.mmorpg.com/elder-scrolls-online/videos/the-elder-scrolls-online-morrowind-beta-thehiveleader-1000005331

So it's possible.

I'll wait to the day's end when the moon is high
    And then I'll rise with the tide with a lust for life, I'll
    Amass an army, and we'll harness a horde
    And then we'll limp across the land until we stand at the shore

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Look at the links and the header of the email. That will tell you if it is real or not. I mean, what beta would they be testing for a game that has been out a while?

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    edited May 2017

botrytis said:

Look at the links and the header of the email. That will tell you if it is real or not. I mean, what beta would they be testing for a game that has been out a while?

Right now the Morrowind not-expansion pack is in closed testing under NDA. 

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    I got one too and trashed it. That's how much i dislike ESO.
  • fodell54fodell54 Member RarePosts: 865

Hariken said:

I got one too and trashed it. That's how much i dislike ESO.

Same, but to each their own.
  • jimbobfurleyjimbobfurley Member UncommonPosts: 104
    dropped my sub about 9 months ago ... still received my invite .... installing the PTS client now .... it should be good for a laugh

• alterfenixalterfenix Member UncommonPosts: 370
    Simple check: login on game's website and see biling history. Those codes are applied automatically and e-mail just informs about this fact.

Also as far as I am aware current and former players that participated in vanilla beta events have some priority here regardless their subscription current status.
  • EhllfhireEhllfhire Member UncommonPosts: 633
    Man is op gonna be pissed when he plays it

Any graphical, audio, or gameplay restrictions not seen in other mmos but found in FFXIV can be blamed on one thing.
    PS3

• jimbobfurleyjimbobfurley Member UncommonPosts: 104
    lasted for about 10 minutes ... total cheese ... now I remember why I got bored of ESO's "amazin" content and dropped my sub like a hot potato

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    edited May 2017
    Quickest way to know if it's real. Go to the ESO forums and try to get in to read the Morrowind test forum. If you can get in then it was a legit invite.

Contrary to what the email said about needing to agree to the NDA inside the game before being allowed to go to that forum, if your account gets flagged as someone who was invited, you get immediate access.

And yes from what I can tell the invite was not selective in any way shape or form - it was a massive invite to just about everyone.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED