Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

5,000 concurrent Players on the same server

Hi All! Other than Ragnarok and Lineage, what other MMORPG titles can support more than 5,000 concurrent players on a single server?

Comments

• GlottisGlottis Member Posts: 69

EVE Online. Up to 100k or 50k lol. But never saw more than 6k players online.

• Clever_GloveClever_Glove Member Posts: 996

I'm not sure why people keep asking this. rather than repeat myself....

"Sever stuff isn't known. MMORPG aren't run on a single sever. They are run on banks of severs. Only 1 or 2 EQ zones runs on a single server. I'm sure most other games run the same way. So how many users can one server handle would depend on the hardware and the game. How many one bank of servers would also depend on the hardware and the game. "

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion.cfm/loadforum/51/loadthread/5752/setstart/1/loadclass/35

-=-=-=-=-
    "elimination of any downtime and you don't have a chance to really talk. The result is no one gives a crap who you are. It's so incredibly anti-community building." - Brad McQuid (sigil games, maker of EQ)

A: 93% E: 55% S:3% K: 50%

Games and players have a type. What type are you? click here learn what it means here.

-=-=-=-=-
    Achievers realise that killers as a concept are necessary in order to make achievement meaningful and worthwhile (there being no way to "lose" the game if any fool can "win" just by plodding slowly unchallenged). -bartle

Bartle: A: 93% E: 55% S:3% K: 50% The Test. Learn what it means here.

• Silent85Silent85 Member Posts: 77
    Yes eve online only has one main server aside from the test server to use. Wish more games would use this feature

Oskeosuw Ionsuw

Chief Of Communications, Ahazi Server

• ZiegZieg Member Posts: 32

I've seen my server(Phoenix) on Final Fantasy XI reach at up to over 3000 with little to no lag, so I think it's safe to assume that it can hold up to 5000 players.

---------------------------------------------
    EQ: Zieg-Level 46-HalfElf-Paladin-RZ Server(Retired)

FFXI: Zieg-Lv21RDM/5WAR-Hume-Phoenix Server(Active)

---------------------------------------------
    EQ: Zieg-Level 46-HalfElf-Paladin-RZ Server(Retired)

FFXI: Zieg-Lv26PLD/9WAR-Hume-Phoenix Server(Active)