Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AoC Goes to Kickstarter

XatericXateric Member UncommonPosts: 51
Ashes of Creation goes up on Kickstarter tomorrow, I can't wait to see what the game packages will be. looking forward to a game from Everquest 2 developers. I heard they will have a lifetime sub package, can anyone confirm?

Comments

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,985
    $400 for lifetime sub

Seems crazy for an unreleased game not even in Alpha, but many will pay it, sight unseen.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    I remember for months wavering on the lifetime sub for LOTRO. In retrospect I find it the best MMO purchase I ever made.  Although, in that case admittedly I was playing the game and judging it for myself.  Fans will just have to make their decision on a game that is not fully launched if lifetime subs are available. And, yes, I agree you will see many opting for it. 
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    edited April 2017

$400 for lifetime sub

Seems crazy for an unreleased game not even in Alpha, but many will pay it, sight unseen.

A lot cheaper than a Pantheon lifetime sub.  ;)

Which come to think of it, might be a bad business decision on the Ashes team's part.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003

$400 for lifetime sub

They should target the Pantheon fans. They'll buy anything.

Xateric said:

Ashes of Creation goes up on Kickstarter tomorrow, I can't wait to see what the game packages will be. looking forward to a game from Everquest 2 developers. I heard they will have a lifetime sub package, can anyone confirm?

Until you folks learn to properly call this game "Ashes" expect me in every thread to correct the error.

When you are a cranky old bitter vet its just what you do. B)

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464

Kyleran said:

$400 for lifetime sub

Which come to think of it, might be a bad business decision on the Ashes team's part.

Not really. Back in 2014 during and right after the Pantheon KS, the lifetime sub was $250. 
    --------------------------------------------

Kyleran said:

$400 for lifetime sub

Not really. Back in 2014 during and right after the Pantheon KS, the lifetime sub was $250. 

Well the KS tanked and my guess is very few have those $250 life time subs.

In fact the claim is the most popular tier is $1000 yet has no life time sub.

Again, perhaps it's a mistake to sell them so cheaply.

Well except its a donation not a sale so it doesn't put the same legal obligation on it that say LOTROs did.

• XatericXateric Member UncommonPosts: 51

$400 for lifetime sub

Seems high but it depends what else you get in the package as well....
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    edited May 2017

Kyleran said:

Xateric said:

Until you folks learn to properly call this game "Ashes" expect me in every thread to correct the error.

When you are a cranky old bitter vet its just what you do. B)

Yep I'll just consider this thread to be about Age Of Conan. Since I already own AOC, I have no need to visit the KS page. 

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• keinersonersterkeinersonerster Member UncommonPosts: 33

DMKano said:

Age of Conan goes to KS?
    Why?

Exactly what I think when I see AoC.  Maybe we're just getting old?
  • donger56donger56 Member RarePosts: 443
    If they actually honor their refund promise, unlike some other crowd funded projects (scam citizen) then I guess the lifetime sub might be worth it.  I just can't bring myself to put any money into a game years away from release. In the last few years I haven't even been able to find a game I can play for 6 months let alone years. I think they were smart to wait until now to do a crowdfunding campaign so they actually have something to show instead of just throwing up some concept art drawn on a napkin and ask for a million dollars. They have an ambitious plan, but they seem to have put some actual thought into it which is a nice change of pace for crowdfunded projects.

The big question I think is how well is this engine going to work. Yeah, they are using unreal for the graphics but they said all the back end systems and netcode is going to be their own design. I hope large scale combat doesn't end up as a lagtastic slide show shitfest like so many of these games turn out to be. I wish them the best, I'm sure the kickstarter will get funded and then some because they did a pretty good job of getting people interested.
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754

$400 for lifetime sub

When I hear numbers like that I lose interest immediately.......Theres too many games out there to pay that kind of money for one, especially sight unseen, but you are correct...There are too many that are so desperate for a game they will pay any amount and hope that it fills the MMO void that has probably existed in their lives for years.