Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Quake Champions Closed Beta Key Giveaway - MMORPG.com News

AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623
edited April 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageQuake Champions Closed Beta Key Giveaway - MMORPG.com News

MMORPG.com has been given tons of closed beta keys for Quake Champions, the all new arena based shooter from Bethesda. The first test is going on now through April 30th so get your key and get in the game now!

Read the full story here

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.

Comments

• ThzlolThzlol Member UncommonPosts: 38
    Thank you :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• ArsonoreArsonore Member CommonPosts: 1
    Thanks ^_^
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    Muchos Gracias
  • killmaxskikillmaxski Member UncommonPosts: 25
    Thank you
  • freedomaniafreedomania Member UncommonPosts: 25
    Thank you very much mmorpg.com and bethesda

• StarCykeStarCyke Member UncommonPosts: 43

Aori said:

Website keeps saying I failed at captcha, I know how to checkmark a box dammit!

You are obviously an AI then but you just don't know it.
  • HytekHytek Member UncommonPosts: 153
    For anyone who missed it:
    MQA8-4Q2Y-U62G-3BHR-C79A

I have found in my lifetime, that the beauty of hating stupid people is, that it crosses all racial boundaries.

• jitter77jitter77 Member UncommonPosts: 512
    This game sucks in my opinion. First i spent about an hour trying to get it to launch. There are known issues. Once i got I the game i thought the graphics were horrible. Also the sound when you hit someone was really weird..... The game was an instant uninstall. I guess If you like old school games then it would be ok, but If you want a free hero shooter i would go with paladins
  • LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,963

jitter77 said:

This game sucks in my opinion. First i spent about an hour trying to get it to launch. There are known issues. Once i got I the game i thought the graphics were horrible. Also the sound when you hit someone was really weird..... The game was an instant uninstall. I guess If you like old school games then it would be ok, but If you want a free hero shooter i would go with paladins

The game is under NDA

• jdnewelljdnewell Member UncommonPosts: 2,237
    Thanks for the key!

Gave it a go and may check it out again when it releases.
  • RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    The game won't launch. Good stuff. /uninstall

Joined - July 2004

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,820
    Oh, hey. Look. Diet Overwatch.
  • HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,534

Aeander said:

Oh, hey. Look. Diet Overwatch.

As a big quake fan since the original quake, I hate to say that there is a lot of truth to this. Nostalgia kicks in for you while playing but the nuisances are a bit too much in this rendition of Quake Arena.

Plus I am not sure what they did to the servers (tickrate?) but the flow that other quake's had (Q1,Q2,Q2RA,Q3A,Q3RA) this game doesn't, you'll encounter multiple scenarios where you're on your opponent but they seem to kill you faster with a lesser gun (this could be due to the character attributes [seriously who's idea was this?] but something feels off). Bunny hopping is forced and no skill/flow to it like it used to be, and 'special skills' feels like "ultimate's" that really shouldn't be in a quake game.

I get what they are trying to do and the game might be fun for people who want to get into it casually but for the esports scene I don't believe there will be much unless they make some necessary changes.

Unfortunately, playing Quake professionally and at home in the past, I can't consider this "Quake" because it's not. My only hope is I wish I could go into the past and somehow get into alpha to convince them they are making a mistake, but that's not possible.
  • NL-RikkertNL-Rikkert Member UncommonPosts: 134
    And another critcally acclaimed franchise dead, due to foolish devs making a game for nine y/o which has nothing to do with it's roots :( gj everyone *slowclap*

STOOPID
    When someone does something so utterly moronic that it kills your brain cells at the very thought of it.

• jmcdermottukjmcdermottuk Member RarePosts: 1,571
    Definately not Quake. Where's the level playingfield? Everyone should be the same and the rest comes down to skill and how well you know the maps, where to find weapons and power-ups. Not this class based BS with yet another wall hack. What is it with modern FPS games and wall hacks?

Oh, sorry it's "x-ray vision" now. Bollocks! That's a fucking wall hack!

Another example of a great franchise name being exploited to launch a mediocre game.
  • anotherbobheadanotherbobhead Member CommonPosts: 1
    Thanks so much!
  • TyserieTyserie Member UncommonPosts: 155
    GQC4-2F7R-U67Q-4XAX-N38Y
  • AnirethAnireth Member UncommonPosts: 940
    For anyone interested in Quake etc, check out the current alpha of the next Unreal Tournament. I didn't play it professional or anything, but i think it really feels like UT '99

I'll wait to the day's end when the moon is high
    And then I'll rise with the tide with a lust for life, I'll
    Amass an army, and we'll harness a horde
    And then we'll limp across the land until we stand at the shore

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    edited April 2017
    Tried it and no thanks.

I cant do these types of games anymore. 

Waiting for a real FPS like Destiny 2 or Halo 6.
  • Lazarus71Lazarus71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,081
    Yep it's confirmed I still suck at Quake lol

No signature, I don't have a pen

• DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982
    I enjoyed it!
  • killmaxskikillmaxski Member UncommonPosts: 25
    edited May 2017
    I think the game is amazing, loved every second. Ran extremely smooth too. Stunning graphics. Waiting on this made me buy quake live... i'm hooked.
  • AstronissAstroniss Member CommonPosts: 7
    Thank you very much! :D
  • UhwopUhwop Member UncommonPosts: 1,791
    Like everyone else, thank you. Was signed up for the closed beta, waiting for an invite; no more waiting.