Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PLAY NOW! click bait?

BurntCabbageBurntCabbage Member UncommonPosts: 482
AoC has PLAY NOW all over it..all links to either sign up for reg.  or to fund kick starter..is this what  this  site has become? click  bait? just a bit saddening that a person that does not follow mmo's  24/7 hops on and sees something that intrests him or her and theres a "PLAY NOW" but instead results into kick starters,go fund me's,or reg. on a their web site..worst of all disappointment...am i missing something here or are the times just a'changing?

Comments

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    There are two forums, Help Desk and Site Suggestions as well as a contact email that are intended for this.
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • LeFantomeLeFantome Member RarePosts: 691

AoC has PLAY NOW all over it..all links to either sign up for reg.  or to fund kick starter..is this what  this  site has become? click  bait? just a bit saddening that a person that does not follow mmo's  24/7 hops on and sees something that intrests him or her and theres a "PLAY NOW" but instead results into kick starters,go fund me's,or reg. on a their web site..worst of all disappointment...am i missing something here or are the times just a'changing?

Agreed.

It is a click bait.

• sighlencesighlence Member UncommonPosts: 35
    I Feel your disappointment =/

• BurntCabbageBurntCabbage Member UncommonPosts: 482

Grunty said:

There are two forums, Help Desk and Site Suggestions as well as a contact email that are intended for this.

it was a direct question to the people that come to the site and post..now knowing how things are it may be time to move on thx
  • MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,324
    edited April 2017
    I don't see any PLAY NOW on their website, I only see Kickstarter countdown.
    Or have I missed something?
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,067
    It's up there on top on this page itself it says 'Play Ashes of Creation Now!', it might be an old thing they just never updated after the offer ended. 
    Chamber of Chains
  • CopperfieldCopperfield Member RarePosts: 654
    everything i read about this game is set to lure in gamers to drop money

take some advise.. dont drop money on this one.. it seems like a scam
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

everything i read about this game is set to lure in gamers to drop money

take some advise.. dont drop money on this one.. it seems like a scam

I know right? It's like so totally different from every other game.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED