Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ashes of Creation wants to be the best mmorpg

funconfuncon Member UncommonPosts: 279
On the market when they launch.  First of all,  I agree that this game has the potential to be the best mmorpg out there with the info we know so far.  Sounds really good, but there is one thing that I am not impressed with and that is the character animation.  

From watching the game play videos on YouTube, the animations look like something from the 90's. Really low quality stuff. And yes I know the game is still in development but if those animations make it to launch,  this game will have no chance at competing with the big dogs on the market.

The graphics and all the game systems like nodes,  housing and the little we know about trading and crafting all sound very interesting though.  I'll be keeping my eyes on this one. Let's hope they can fix the combat animations.

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    Miles to go before they sleep.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• PottedPlant22PottedPlant22 Member RarePosts: 800
    Miles to go before they sleep.
  • timtracktimtrack Member UncommonPosts: 541
    Is this bait?
  • MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,325

funcon said:

On the market when they launch.  First of all,  I agree that this game has the potential to be the best mmorpg out there with the info we know so far.  Sounds really good, but there is one thing that I am not impressed with and that is the character animation.  

From watching the game play videos on YouTube, the animations look like something from the 90's. Really low quality stuff. And yes I know the game is still in development but if those animations make it to launch,  this game will have no chance at competing with the big dogs on the market.

The graphics and all the game systems like nodes,  housing and the little we know about trading and crafting all sound very interesting though.  I'll be keeping my eyes on this one. Let's hope they can fix the combat animations.

Why complain on a early alfa build?
    Come back again on this board when the game is in late beta and you see the same animations, then you have legit concern.