It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
What a fantastic showing by the Visionary Realms team today! We saw a brand new zone, a new class, enhanced animations and textures, more in-depth combat systems, including some skillfull FD pulling by CohhCarnage. FYI, the team was running the following group composition:
Cohh - Human Monk
Aradune - Human War Wizard* (*GM-only class, warrior/wizard hybrid)
Joppa - Human Shaman
Zynxs - Gnome Wizard
Machail - Human Warrior
Kilsin - Rogue (unspecified race)
Let's take a closer look at all of this glorious new information. As always, keep in mind this is an early iteration of the game, so almost anything is subject to change, but this is the current state of the game. First, the highlights - new or more detailed information that hasn't been previously covered much:
- While under the effects of an extreme Frigid climate, your movement speed is reduced, the edges of your screen are blurred, you take damage, and temporarily lose endurance.
- Some areas will have a combination of multiple climates at once.
- There are 5 different tiers of Infusions to help you overcome extreme climates.
- Infusions can be applied to your head, chest, arms, hands, legs, and feet.
- Higher tier infusions are harder to acquire.
- Higher tier infusions overwrite lower tiers.
- Infusions last indefinitely (even after death) until you equip a different infusion.
- Infusions can be crafted. Some special infusions may be only acquired through crafting.
- When you loot your corpse, your items are automatically equipped.
- Upon death, clicking "Release" brings you to the zone entrance with none of your gear. (subject to change)
- You cannot loot someone else's corpse.
- You can drag someone else's corpse with consent.
- The perception system can allow you to determine a mob's disposition before engaging it. Otherwise, it will have to be discovered through trial-and-error by the player.
- Quests made available by the perception system are not focused on being a primary source of XP.
- There are different animations for in-combat and out-of-combat meditation.
- You cannot change memorized abilities during combat.
- Some spells are instant-cast and can be cast while on-the-move, while others take time to cast and the caster must remain stationary.
- If a level 50 character casts a buff on a level 5 character, the effects of that buff will be scaled down so that it is not overpowered.
- Some abilities complement each other when used together.
- There is a chance that a Feign Death attempt can fail.
- XP earned from kills is divided equally among all group members. (subject to change)
- Wizard familiars can help aid certain abilities.
- Some weapons will be able to act as a light source.
We got to see a wide variety of combat and non-combat abilities at play. We even got a sneak peek at the descriptions of several of them. Exact numbers will probably be tweaked, but it still gives us a pretty good idea at what some of the arsenals will be used for...
Abilities that were featured in the Monk's ability list:
Bandage: "(Single Target) Bandage the target, healing 3-10 point of healing to target. [Required level: 1]"
Elbow Strike: "A quick strike that deals physical damage to your target."
Feign Death: "Causes you to stop breathing and appear dead to most creatures."
Flurry Punch: "You attack with a flurry of punches, dealing physical damage with a small chance to interrupt your target's spell casting."
Mountain Pose: "You will your body to become hard as stone, increasing your Armor Class (250%) for 8 seconds."
Rising Moon Kick: "A powerful kick that deals physical damage to your target. If used within 6 seconds of Setting Sun Kick, this ability has a 50% chance to critically hit."
Round Kick: "A basic kick that deals physical damage to your target."
Setting Sun Kick: "A powerful kick that deals physical damage to your target, with a chance to slow their spell casting speed (20%) for 6 seconds."
Surge of Chi: "An explosion of chi energy that deals heavy physical damage to your target, with a chance to interrupt their spell casting."
Taunt: "Taunt your target to attack you, generating increased threat for 3 seconds. [L1]"
The Will to Live: "(Self-Only) When activated, all defensive passives will be successful for 6 seconds. [L1]"
Other various abilities that were featured:
Awaken Bravery - Cleric - instant cast: increases hit points and armor class
Ethereal Studded Armor - Cleric: increases armor class
Grip of the Krags - Shaman: increases strength and stamina
Mental Breeze - Shaman: increases natural mana regeneration
Shadow Walk - Rogue: consumes mana while in use; acts like a Sneak ability
Shatter the Ice - Wizard - instant cast: point-blank area of effect; deals ice damage to enemies and significantly decreases their speed
Smoke and Mirrors - Rogue: consumes a large amount of endurance; acts like a Mesmerize ability
EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests
Not sure if they were saying shaman do not get rez, or whether the shaman currently didn't have rez. Maybe not high enough level, or perhaps not added to the class.I find it a little baffling that 1 of 3 healer classes will lack the ability to revive players in some way. Mistakes like that will lead the same problems that existed in EQ, where every group prefers a cleric over all other "healer" classes. Nobody wants to wait around all day to form the perfect group composition.
--------------------------------------------------------------Brad McQuaidCCO, Visionary Realms, Inc.www.pantheonmmo.com--------------------------------------------------------------
I'm not. I trust there will be ways of preventing that sort of scenario. For instance, was glad to see rogues given limited CC ability to combat that issue arising with enchanter. Well done tying it to resources.
Very impressed with the rate of progress recently, I would play the game in its current state. Hopefully some terminology issues with calling servers "shards" and enticing some players to believe there will be instancing in the form of "shards" won't actually turn into there magically being instances at some point in the future, because that is a game-breaker for me.
Creative Director, Lead Game Designer | Visionary Realms, Inc.
Visit the official website of Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen at www.pantheonmmo.com!
My comment in-stream was not very clear
To clarify, Shaman will have the ability to revive a fallen ally, as will a few other classes. The Shaman-specific revive ability is not implemented yet - what we showed in stream was a prototype of the non-class specific revive mechanic. My comment in-stream was not very clear