Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Perfect World Celebrates 15M Registered Players - Neverwinter - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited April 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imagePerfect World Celebrates 15M Registered Players - Neverwinter - MMORPG.com

Neverwinter News - Perfect World is celebrating today with the news that Neverwinter has accrued fifteen million registered players since the game launched in 2013. The number of players is spread across PC, PlayStation 4 and XBox One. Devs have proudly produced a new trailer to thank the Neverwinter community for its support.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited April 2017
    Free services always have many registered accounts and that does not mean NW has 15 million players.

Another example, look at the top of this website. There are 3.5 million accounts registered and theres usually a couple thousand users online at any time.

Offtopic: NW runs like arse on PS4 and it hasn't been optimized a single bit since launch.

• MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    There's also no way to 'unregister'.  I know I'd love for them to forget about me.

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• meonthissitemeonthissite Member UncommonPosts: 917
    I'm one of those registered players but do I play? Nope.
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Pffft, amateurs... 

I'm sure Wargaming (World of Tanks) has passed the 100M mark by now ! :D
  • XingbairongXingbairong Member RarePosts: 927
    Truth be told when this game came out I had a ton of fun the first week. Sadly it has cash shop, so I dropped it after that.
  • nastilonnastilon Member UncommonPosts: 150
    I don't play because they have no servers for the EU....
  • PopplePopple Member UncommonPosts: 239
    Funny they never mention of how much money they made from the 15 Million Players...The bottom line i want to see is $$$$$$ never mind the player part...

I retired retroactively..Haha

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

Truth be told when this game came out I had a ton of fun the first week. Sadly it has cash shop, so I dropped it after that.

The cashshop is basically the game.
  • TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619

Popple said:

Funny they never mention of how much money they made from the 15 Million Players...The bottom line i want to see is $$$$$$ never mind the player part...

PWI had a line in one of their financial statements that blamed the reduced profit/loss for the entire company on its North American operations. This would seem to indicate that Cryptic has not been the poster child for profit generation. Though that may have changed with all the cuts to support and staff over the last 12 months at Cryptic.

"Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• RobsolfRobsolf Member RarePosts: 4,607
    And I have dozens of MMO accounts, accumulated throughout the years.  Guess how many I'm playing?
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Seems Neverwinter is in their main focus, but since Cryptic shares the account among the three games, and I like the other two better, I rather read this news as "yay, STO has 15m registered account!" since it means the same from the other way around.
    Hell, also means CO has 15m registered as well... the most popular superhero mmo, eat this, DCUO! :lol: (just kiddin', before a DCUO fan takes it too seriously)
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    As a huge forgotten realms fan I wanted to love this game but it's just a shallow mess of an experience.
  • frangoazulfrangoazul Member UncommonPosts: 31
    edited April 2017
    but in reality have 100 players playing and 30 of then is Pay to Win
  • hatefulpeacehatefulpeace Member UncommonPosts: 621
    I had a lot of fun in the game, then I tried the pvp, and people with high end equipment vrs what i had just sat there and laughed at me, and let me hit them. Wish there was a mmo, that had moba pvp, where once you get into it no equipment or levels from pve help you. 
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    ...... ..... ... .... .. . And in other news NeoPets has surpassed the 50 million registered users mark and has one trillion page hits ..... .... ... .. .

Now back to your regularly scheduled meaningless news...... .... .... .. .
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    I haven't tried this one.

I really do try to stay away from F2P. 

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• 3dom3dom Member RarePosts: 889
    At first Neverwinter and StarTrek were very fun. But Cryptic introduced idiotic updates in both games (a lot of grind with zero to none progression and rewards) and I've watched player base reduction by 30-35% in just few weeks (it was easy to appraise by amount of instances in main hubs). I guess it was a failed attempt to introduce Asian playstyle to Western auditory.

Very strange company.

Thank you for your time!

• nomadienomadie Member UncommonPosts: 172
    Doesn't Runescape have like 100 million registered?
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680

3dom said:

At first Neverwinter and StarTrek were very fun. But Cryptic introduced idiotic updates in both games (a lot of grind with zero to none progression and rewards) and I've watched player base reduction by 30-35% in just few weeks (it was easy to appraise by amount of instances in main hubs). I guess it was a failed attempt to introduce Asian playstyle to Western auditory.

Very strange company.

STO was really better under Atari. PWE ruins everything they touch.
  • NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916

Ozmodan said:

The cashshop is basically the game.

This is almost every game with a cash shop. It ruins it for me.

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/