Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Asta re-launched

Hello everyone.
Asta ha been relaunched since 26 April.
Question: anybody tried? What are your impressions?

Answers

• LithuanianLithuanian Member UncommonPosts: 542
    Saw it. Watched ads. Even read negative reviews.
    What I need is personal opinion from those who played. Especially PvE enthuasiats.
  • Preacher26Preacher26 Member UncommonPosts: 381

Saw it. Watched ads. Even read negative reviews.
    What I need is personal opinion from those who played. Especially PvE enthuasiats.

It's your basic themepark with p2w gear progression.
  • GladDogGladDog Member RarePosts: 1,097
    I'm having a pretty good time with it, and I have a lot fewer real life distractions this time around!  I will probably play this until Bless Online goes to beta or Ship of Heroes goes to alpha.

The world is going to the dogs, which is just how I planned it!

• k61977k61977 Member EpicPosts: 1,503
    I am currently giving it a go.  It  isn't bad, it is basically asian theme wow with a couple added mechanics.  It is extremely easy though.  Haven't really ran into anything that hard at all so far and about level 25 now.  IMO leveling is way to fast, needs to take more than a couple day of play to be that high already.  I am just taking my time to see how things go to give you idea of how fast. 

I wouldn't spend any money on the game though.  There are reasons it has been shuttered 2 times already.  Think there were about 1k people on this morning which isn't great numbers but more than I expected.  Tons of people talking and doing public events.  Can be a pain if you are like me and refuse to move own until you get that achievement for being the best at the event though.  I would give the game some time and see where it is in a couple months before spending any money on it overall.

You basically can really overstat yourself in this game right off the bat though.  It has a like random stat increase built in that you get stones to do or pay with in game cash or cash store items.  It has a chance to increase all the main stats but can also decrease them to, but when it rolls a bad roll you just cancel waste the stone and do it again.  Healers can pretty much solo anything from what I have seen.   Archers are decent but slow compared to rogues in killing things.  Haven't really jumped into the melee classes yet.

So basically if you just want a themepark to kill some time in go ahead.  Treasure hunting alone can kill some time with some of the map drops with hardly any markings on them.
  • LithuanianLithuanian Member UncommonPosts: 542
    Well well...tried.
    First impression - from Asta Facebook page. Sent a message about PvE/PvP, it's been two days without an answer. Not good.
    Game itself: Steam only. You don't have steam - you have problem.
    Ingame: 2 factions, several race-locked classes. I chose bad guys, then female and finally - Mage. Not sure why Mage, just you know...pointy hat, nice spells. Customization was normal one: not too deep, not too shallow. Pity, in game you cannot walk as nude as you wish :P
    There is animated intro based on Eastern mythology. Video was not synchronized with subtitles.
    In game you can choose only one server which was marked as "Light" populated and that's second day after launch. There were some players. Chat was bombarded with spam advertising (probably some ingame gold selling site).
    Controls were awfull, one of triple-controls. I had to control where my toon looks, then where walks and then attack (choose from skillbar).
    After having lost with controls (developers, please be so kind to make an freaking option of duo controls - facing and moving should be done with one key!) - left the game. If they make something about controls and actually involving game atmosphere (compare Lotro's Archet to Asta's Ora starter area) - I may give it a try. So far - No, just No.