Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LF some funny moments again.

szharperszharper Member UncommonPosts: 15
Guys, I've been playing online games since late 90's. And one thing I've been missing for quite sometime now is a game where you can have fun/adventure (that feeling "Guys I think we going to die...who had this stupid idea!?"). 

WHAT I WANT:
  • Active/Friendly community (Met some great people over the years, but today people dont bond anymore);
  • Official Server & Well managed (good GM/Admins/Dev, constant update)
  • Open PVP (but with a system that avoid/prevent griefing);
  • Meaningful Crafting and Commerce/Trade;
  • Ballanced PVP (No good class/build);
  • Challenge (Game must offer certain difficulty from day to day 600).
NOT WANT:
  • Easy game (lvl1 to lvlmax following endless stupid quests);
  • BOT / HACK infested games (Lineage1/2, ArchAge and a few others);
  • Empty gamesl;
  • Solo game
  • P2W

I will put a list of some games I've played and some comments:

1. Lineage 1: Played this > 5 years, loved the game, a lot of grind, balanced pvp, crazy sieges, very hard bosses and even with the feeling I was always stuck and not progressing while others were always ahead of you. Until I discovered that almost all top players where using bots. 
  2. Ragnarok: Played between 1-3 years. Almost same as Lineage1 but no open PVP, with more active commerce/trade between players. Also ruinned once discovered the bots.
  3. WoW: Well I've tried several times and once I had a crit shaman...super OP. But never liked the game no matter how hard I try.
  4. Lineage 2: Even a fan of L1, it was once infested with bots, but it never apealed to me.
  5. EVE Online: I played a few times, huge learn curse, a lot of specialization, commerce/trade. But eventually I got bored, either by "You too week to come to null-sec" or "Come to null-sec but we cannot protect you (or keep mining here)". I'm considering try again, but not decided;
  6. GW2 : Played on release and a few other time, really not apealling to me...dont know why;
  7. ESO :  Same as GW2....dont know but I dont like it;
  8. BnS : Boring as fuck....too many kids;
  9. BDO :  Cool game, but serious connection issue for me (currently living in China), crafting not that meaningful;
  10. Rift : Played for few months since release, but also got bored. tried to play last year, the graphic for some reason bothered me a lot; 
  11. LOTRO : Played 2 hours last week, and I still dont want get back online to play more.. ;
  12. D&D0 - Played few weeks but after a while, no good guild / friends...quit ;
  13. UO: Played in the past with some friends on a freeshard, it was funny. But never fell the urge to P2P the game..
  14. MortalOnline: I like the game concept, meet some nice people. But the hacks, grief, low peope turned me away. CORRUPED ADMINS
  15. Aion : Played with some friends but got bored
  16. Tera : Played since release, my guild cominate the server at that time, then boring...boring..... 
  17. GloriaVictis: Still in dev, have some awesome features, but latency and cluncky commands still make me wait;
  18. EQ/DAoC : I've never played, but heard good things. But again, little old....
  19. ArcheAge : Nice game but i found myself managing 3 account, schedule times, a second job ...and BOOOOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTS
  20. AlbionOnline : Been playing since ealy betas, game develop well. But for some reason is not that apealling to me. Just dont know why;
Maybe I missed some games, but the experience I had on them was not even worth to mention. 

Comments

• MMOman101MMOman101 Member UncommonPosts: 1,786
    Let me know if you find what you are looking for. I suspect a lot of people are looking for the same thing and have burned through most if not all of the serious contenders.

afterthought: You might try Anarchy Online.

“It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.”

--John Ruskin

• Sid_ViciousSid_Vicious Member RarePosts: 2,177
    New Darkfall is being released May 5th!! Can't wait! Has all features you mentioned and the new DEV team is doing a great job.

NEWS FLASH! "A bank was robbed the other day and a man opened fire on the customers being held hostage. One customer zig-zag sprinted until he found cover. When questioned later he explained that he was a hardcore gamer and knew just what to do!" Download my music for free! I release several albums per month as part of project "Thee Untitled" . .. some video game music remixes and cover songs done with instruments in there as well! http://theeuntitled.bandcamp.com/ Check out my roleplaying blog, collection of fictional short stories, and fantasy series... updated on a blog for now until I am finished! https://childrenfromtheheavensbelow.blogspot.com/ Watch me game on occasion or make music... https://www.twitch.tv/spoontheeuntitled and subscribe! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvqULn678VrF3OasgnbsyA

• MMOman101MMOman101 Member UncommonPosts: 1,786

New Darkfall is being released May 5th!! Can't wait! Has all features you mentioned and the new DEV team is doing a great job.

Just because you like a game does not mean it fits what someone is looking for. I am about pretty sure the community will not what he stated he wanted.

Not sure why some people spit the same game out in every LFG thread.

“It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.”

--John Ruskin

• szharperszharper Member UncommonPosts: 15
    edited April 2017

MMOman101 said:

afterthought: You might try Anarchy Online.

I've never tried, I'm downloading right now to have a check.

Indeed I checked almost all games people commented on this forum and other...and just trying to check. I miss having a place where I can login, talk with people do some stuff...
  • Sid_ViciousSid_Vicious Member RarePosts: 2,177

MMOman101 said:

Just because you like a game does not mean it fits what someone is looking for. I am about pretty sure the community will not what he stated he wanted.

Active/friendly community that bonds and launch is coming up so it will be busy. Yeah its wayyy more social than most MMORPGs... and most people are mature adults around 30s, late 20s. Nobody plays this game without voice chat for the most part. Most other games I'm playing feel solo in comparison.....

NEWS FLASH! "A bank was robbed the other day and a man opened fire on the customers being held hostage. One customer zig-zag sprinted until he found cover. When questioned later he explained that he was a hardcore gamer and knew just what to do!" Download my music for free! I release several albums per month as part of project "Thee Untitled" . .. some video game music remixes and cover songs done with instruments in there as well! http://theeuntitled.bandcamp.com/ Check out my roleplaying blog, collection of fictional short stories, and fantasy series... updated on a blog for now until I am finished! https://childrenfromtheheavensbelow.blogspot.com/ Watch me game on occasion or make music... https://www.twitch.tv/spoontheeuntitled and subscribe! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvqULn678VrF3OasgnbsyA

MMOman101 said:

Active/friendly community that bonds and launch is coming up so it will be busy. Yeah its wayyy more social than most MMORPGs... and most people are mature adults around 30s, late 20s. Nobody plays this game without voice chat for the most part. Most other games I'm playing feel solo in comparison.....

Are you being paid to spread the "Darkfall" word around? lol

Also whats the name, there is a lot of darkfall around there
    How about some some online rpg like the tabletop I used to play... D&D / Gurps....anything like that around?