Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Five Reasons to Check Out Marvel Heroes Omega a Columns at MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited April 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageFive Reasons to Check Out Marvel Heroes Omega a Columns at MMORPG.com

Marvel Heroes Omega, the console version of Marvel Heroes, recently went into closed beta on the PlayStation 4. If you’re a new player who’s never experienced Marvel Heroes before or even a veteran of the PC version, there are couple of things going for the console version that you won’t find on PC.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751
    edited April 2017
    Yea, but $20 for ONE character (Spiderman) is ridiculous. Don't tell me that's a "savings" of anything.

Can I at least get to use my characters unlocked in the PC version? EDIT: THE ANSWER IS NO

Also, final thought, is this a paid advertisement? Cause it sure seems like it. I thought content was supposed to be clearly labelled.

Things that you also won't find on the PC version: Like a hero? (Let's say WarMachine) Tough. If you don't have PS+ you can't have'm. They've also narrowed there hero pool down significantly.

EDIT:

FYI, Symbiote Spider man is going to currently set you back for $220. To put that in perspective: Marvel Heroes Founder Pack was $200 for 26 characters, PSN $220 for 15 characters (plus Iron Fist)
  • Scott_JeslisScott_Jeslis Member RarePosts: 630
    Yeah I did exactly what I told myself NOT to do. I bought all the Founder's Packs even though I own the complete roster on PC. Similar to what Michael was implying, the controller feels so much more natural than a keyboard for movement and spamming powers to me, plus I can sit back in my chair.

It's gonna be tough because I'm close to 900 login days on MH PC for the Rachel Cole-Alves TU.

Ikeda said:

Yea, but $20 for ONE character (Spiderman) is ridiculous. Don't tell me that's a "savings" of anything.

Can I at least get to use my characters unlocked in the PC version? EDIT: THE ANSWER IS NO

Also, final thought, is this a paid advertisement? Cause it sure seems like it. I thought content was supposed to be clearly labelled.

Things that you also won't find on the PC version: Like a hero? (Let's say WarMachine) Tough. If you don't have PS+ you can't have'm. They've also narrowed there hero pool down significantly.

EDIT:

FYI, Symbiote Spider man is going to currently set you back for $220. To put that in perspective: Marvel Heroes Founder Pack was $200 for 26 characters, PSN $220 for 15 characters (plus Iron Fist)

If you don't want to try the closed beta don't buy anything! Wait until open beta, get your free hero and earn your Eternity Splinters. In my case it's money in exchange for time I don't have. MH is still one of the best F2P games without having to spend any $$. They have to make $$ somehow to pay salaries, right???
  • al19al19 Member CommonPosts: 5
    Yeah i agree its pretty sick!
  • SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    How does couch Co op work if it only advances one account?
  • DeadSpockDeadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 403
    Just saw the video it says play free at the end.
  • jdnewelljdnewell Member UncommonPosts: 2,237
    I bought one of the $60 founders packs. Had enough Gs to buy 2 more characters, then got 2 more with eternity splinters for a total of 10.

Not a bad start for $60.
    I will play and earn the others I want. Playing 10 characters is plenty. Plus the rate eternity splinters seem to drop getting enough to buy other toons should come naturally just by playing.

Not a bad model for a ftp title Imo.

You could easily play and never spend a dime.
  • CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130

SlyLoK said:

How does couch Co op work if it only advances one account?

+1 to this. I was stoked about couch co-op, but it sounds like it was developed much more with the idea of just having a friendly game than anything else. I mean the design doesn't even make sense. Apparently you both need a PSN account? But both players ONLY play characters on one account? WTF is that? I mean this is like an opportunity wasted. Think about it, you're doing a lengthy couch co-op session at your buddy's place. You're like "This is fucking awesome!", but you can't go home and download and pick up where you left off, you have to start over completely...... If this isn't a FFS moment, I don't know what is. On top of that, if you want to ACTUALLY play co-op with your buddy, with your own characters, you have to still lug your PS4 over to their house, along with your TV in order to actually play co-op with your characters? 

Does this make sense to anyone in the gamingverse? Do I have this wrong? Please! Someone please confirm this isn't the way it works because I think my brain just exploded a little. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• jdnewelljdnewell Member UncommonPosts: 2,237
    Yeah I am a bit disappointed if this is the way Co op is being handled.
    Seems to be a wasted opportunity.

ut both players ONLY play characters on one account? WTF is that? I mean this is like an opportunity wasted. Think about it, you're doing a lengthy couch co-op session at your buddy's place. Y

I think it's more like for me.. where me and my kid could play together kind of situation than the friends come over and play separate accounts. Hell, I'd be hesitant to put my user/pass into a friends thing in case I forgot to log out.

And I'm not saying dev's should work for free. But you'd think monetizing a game, you'd do so trying to suck people in. 20 bucks for a character is a hard sell.

That being said, I think the reason I'm really wincing is I feel like I'm being double dipped for characters that I bought/earned already.

jdnewell said:

I bought one of the $60 founders packs. Had enough Gs to buy 2 more characters, then got 2 more with eternity splinters for a total of 10.

Not a bad start for $60.

I will play and earn the others I want. Playing 10 characters is plenty. Plus the rate eternity splinters seem to drop getting enough to buy other toons should come naturally just by playing.

Not a bad model for a ftp title Imo.

You could easily play and never spend a dime.

Just finishing the ~10 minute Avengers themed opening introduction nets you free 400 splinters which nets you another hero. The pack's have G's, costumes and boosts. With the $19.99 packs you get 500 Gs which is roughly $5.00 back.

Ikeda said:

ut both players ONLY play characters on one account? WTF is that? I mean this is like an opportunity wasted. Think about it, you're doing a lengthy couch co-op session at your buddy's place. Y
    I think it's more like for me.. where me and my kid could play together kind of situation than the friends come over and play separate accounts. Hell, I'd be hesitant to put my user/pass into a friends thing in case I forgot to log out.

And I'm not saying dev's should work for free. But you'd think monetizing a game, you'd do so trying to suck people in. 20 bucks for a character is a hard sell. 

That being said, I think the reason I'm really wincing is I feel like I'm being double dipped for characters that I bought/earned already.  

Well that was my thought, actually. TBH, I have 4 PS4s in my house, but we do have a man cave where there are two PS4s set up and I thought that it would be awesome to be able to sit down with 3 of my boys and have like a crazy gaming night or something like that. You know, together, like in the same room :) So, technically, we could group-up and do 4-person co-op, but we'd all be in different locations (except the two in the man cave). 

I do agree on the characters thing. It'd be nice if they allowed you to pull them down from PC like Diablo did. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    ----------------

• ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    Is there going to be a wipe before open-beta?
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • synthostarssynthostars Member UncommonPosts: 14
    Is there a reason why only 39 of 65 characters are going to be available on consoles and only up to chapter 9? Is this so they can slowly leak content onto it pretending they have a steady stream of new content?
  • MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Is there going to be a wipe before open-beta?

Yes.
    Yes to wipe.

They stated less characters because they want to focus on "them".  Honestly, who knows.  Slow drip, probably.  But their stated intents are pretty decent.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000

Benbrada said:

Yeah I did exactly what I told myself NOT to do. I bought all the Founder's Packs even though I own the complete roster on PC. Similar to what Michael was implying, the controller feels so much more natural than a keyboard for movement and spamming powers to me, plus I can sit back in my chair.

It's gonna be tough because I'm close to 900 login days on MH PC for the Rachel Cole-Alves TU.

That's why I stopped gaming on multiple platforms.  I found myself buying some of the same games for each platform.  

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• MadCoderOneMadCoderOne Member UncommonPosts: 220
    co-op is a mess, if they dont change it I wont be playing
    and are you sure about wipe? Cash shop is open, that normally means no wipe. I bought more bag slots already, how would that work?

kchisarik said:

and are you sure about wipe? Cash shop is open, that normally means no wipe. I bought more bag slots already, how would that work?

https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/319175/marvel-heroes-omega-console-q-a

All ES and unlocks lost. The currency will be reset.

Ikeda said:

kchisarik said:

https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/319175/marvel-heroes-omega-console-q-a

ty for the link
  • IlayaIlaya Member UncommonPosts: 661
    I was very sad to see that PC Game Owners get nothing at all :(
    It seems they did not even thought on doing something like Account Transfer or what-else-ever. (Transfer meant to have less Characters perhaps, if you get my idea as an example)

That was a letdown from Gaz's side tbh. I wish i had hold some money back from what i have thrown into their game on PC back then. But paying again....i guess not.
  • AvarixAvarix Member RarePosts: 665
    I've learned not to buy most things outright for games like this. I'll grab a couple things I want to start but then use the in-game mechanics of getting the rest without cash. It makes it far more enjoyable for me when I have something to work towards. Not sure why but when I unlock everything to start, in a game like this or a game like SMITE or HotS, I find it far less enjoyable. I'll use my cash on something like eternity splinter boosts. It will make the grind a bit less but still give me things to look forward to and work towards. It's not as though this game is content heavy so I see the unlocking of heroes as part of the content.

Obviously you guys may differ, but for me getting everything unlocked immediately isn't a good thing. I find myself enjoying the game less and end up playing less overall. Figured I would offer a different perspective on the hero locks. Just my two cents.
  • moosecatlolmoosecatlol Member RarePosts: 1,530
    So Gaz confirmed to be shutting down before 2020?

Ikeda said:

kchisarik said:

Thank you!!!! That's exactly why I don't buy into CBT anymore. CBT is for youngsters with infinite time :) I just about bought into it, too, with all the excitement surrounding couch co-op..... until that excitement was subdued with the news that couch co-op is only done through one account. Waiting for open beta I guess!! 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    ----------------