Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Finally, Return to Morrowind - Elder Scrolls Online Videos - MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088
    edited April 2017
    I have stopped my sub last month. I want to see what the class changes will do with Morrowind launch. I am also not prepared to buy Morrowind (cant even use my crowns for that).

So these class changes currently being tested on their test server could destroy what fun I have with my current toons. I don't feel like giving them my money until I can see the results. That way I won't feel like I wasted money like I did with WoW after some expansion gutted my favourite class. To me this is exactly the wrong incentive to make me roll a new toon, it only pisses me off.
  • josko9josko9 Member RarePosts: 577
    edited April 2017

Nanfoodle said:

$40.00 for one new zones seems a little costly. I get you get a new class as well and BG but IMO thats still a big ask. 20-30 maybe. @ $40.00 thats %30 shy the fee for a new game. So is it 60% the cost of a new games worth it for the amount of content? I would say no. Why? Because most new MMOs give you around 200hrs of content sometimes more. So for $40.00 bucks I would want 120hrs of content not 30hr.

30h is just the main story, so about the same amount (if not more) of FULLY voiced acting as Blood and Wine Expansion for The Witcher 3? What MMO expansion's main story is 30h anyway? And that's even without comparing the huge quality difference in voice acting and writing between ESO and the rest of the genre.

Besides this "Zone" is actually an entire island that is the same size as in SP Morrowind. So about 30km^2. A third of the entire Eastern Kingdoms. Not big enough? Because that's definitively bigger than either WoD or Legion (with all content patches).

Just because ZOS is leaning more towards great storytelling, and making their game heavily story-driven, that doesn't mean there won't be enough of content. Morrowind is launching with a trial (with a new one coming in the next few months), and a new update is a dungeon pack anyway. Not to mention they are adding innovative battlegrounds, you can easily get 100s of hours out of them alone. We can expect a ton of new world bosses, dynamic world activities, delves, public dungeons etc etc.

ESO might not have the same amount of group endgame content as FFXIV or WoW, but it definitively has more content for the casuals or semi-casuals. By far the largest group in modern MMOs. You are forgetting that ESO is not a traditional MMO. And that raiding is nearly dead.
  • guizicaguizica Member UncommonPosts: 8

josko9 said:

Nanfoodle said:

$40.00 for one new zones seems a little costly. I get you get a new class as well and BG but IMO thats still a big ask. 20-30 maybe. @ $40.00 thats %30 shy the fee for a new game. So is it 60% the cost of a new games worth it for the amount of content? I would say no. Why? Because most new MMOs give you around 200hrs of content sometimes more. So for $40.00 bucks I would want 120hrs of content not 30hr.

30h is just the main story, so about the same amount (if not more) of FULLY voiced acting as Blood and Wine Expansion for The Witcher 3? What MMO expansion's main story is 30h anyway? And that's even without comparing the huge quality difference in voice acting and writing between ESO and the rest of the genre.

Besides this "Zone" is actually an entire island that is the same size as in SP Morrowind. So about 30km^2. A third of the entire Eastern Kingdoms. Not big enough? Because that's definitively bigger than either WoD or Legion (with all content patches).

Just because ZOS is leaning more towards great storytelling, and making their game heavily story-driven, that doesn't mean there won't be enough of content. Morrowind is launching with a trial (with a new one coming in the next few months), and a new update is a dungeon pack anyway. Not to mention they are adding innovative battlegrounds, you can easily get 100s of hours out of them alone. We can expect a ton of new world bosses, dynamic world activities, delves, public dungeons etc etc.

ESO might not have the same amount of group endgame content as FFXIV or WoW, but it definitively has more content for the casuals or semi-casuals. By far the largest group in modern MMOs. You are forgetting that ESO is not a traditional MMO. And that raiding is nearly dead.

The problem is that world bosses, dynamic world activities, delves, public dungeons etc are not enough to keep endgame players busy for too long, the same goes for quests. Mostly because it is not rewarding enough, as a raid is.

Unless they change the way these features work, I don't see any reason to keep running around the island.

The endgame is boring as it is right now and it is an insane grind. And I don't see them adding anything other than battlegrounds, the small scale pvp, for endgame players. So it is expensive for me since I'll do quests once and probably not touch them again.

If they decide to cater to the casual side of the game, expect to lose a lot of players. There is much more players interested in the endgame then you think.

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Seems like a lot of mixed reaction on this. Cant wait to see how this plays out. Making a change how DLC is delivered to EQO+ customers is no small thing. You would think they are the most stable income the game has but I could be wrong.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    If I remember correctly even though I paid a sub in SWG I still had to pay extra for all the expansions that came out.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• IshkalIshkal Member UncommonPosts: 304
    They did tell us what the sub change consists of. In addition to all you get now you also get 100% of what ever your bank space is. So if you have 240 you will have 480 as a subber