Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Launch Day Prepped for April 26th - ASTA: The War of Tears and Winds - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited April 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageLaunch Day Prepped for April 26th - ASTA: The War of Tears and Winds - MMORPG.com

ASTA: The War of Tears and Winds News - The Steam iteration of ASTA will be launching on Wednesday, April 26th. Players joining up will receive a number of in-game items for first-time registrations for the reborn game. In addition, from April 26th to May 9th, players can take part in the Best Character Customizing Contest. Screenshots of player character awesomeness can be posted on the ASTA Facebook page for possible selection as a winner.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• KudoseoKudoseo Member CommonPosts: 5
    Wow!!! I can't wait!!!
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    I will give it a try.
  • shimochanshimochan Member UncommonPosts: 8
    edited April 2017
    this game first shut down its servers because?
  • exile01exile01 Member RarePosts: 1,089
    failed once, failed twice, will fail at trice.
  • GladDogGladDog Member RarePosts: 1,097
    I'm playing it now, and it is a lot of fun! I don't have the same commitments now as I did the last time they ran, so I an going to stick with it for a while. This weekend myself and a few other MMORPGers are going on an ASTA marathon!

The world is going to the dogs, which is just how I planned it!

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671

DMKano said:

So far the popularity is very low 

Exactly, its gonna end up like it did last time (or last 2 times?). People that hear about it will enjoy it, then after a couple of weeks or so they realize there's no one really around at various levels to do things with consistently, then it shuts down again. But people will cling to anything until the "next big thing" comes out (spoiler: there never will be a next big thing).
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    edited April 2017

Albatroes said:

DMKano said:

So far the popularity is very low 

Exactly, its gonna end up like it did last time (or last 2 times?). People that hear about it will enjoy it, then after a couple of weeks or so they realize there's no one really around at various levels to do things with consistently, then it shuts down again. But people will cling to anything until the "next big thing" comes out (spoiler: there never will be a next big thing).

Some people put very little value on their free time (or have too much of it) so are willing to give almost anything a try, even when there's clear evidence they shouldn't.

Developer's know they can separate some money from these folks hence we see things such as this.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• LithuanianLithuanian Member UncommonPosts: 543
    Well, I tried Asta once. Can't remember everything exactly, so checked what i wrote. There were double controls (to look somehwere - one control, to go somewhere -another) that I really hate. Dark side was more interesting than light one. And then there was PvP, so I quickly abandoned Asta.
    If they fixed controls and made avoidable PvP, it may be worthy trying.
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    This is a fun old school mmo. I think a lot of older mmo players would like this game.
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    I  would have tried this game but it was the forced PvP that turned me off. These games suffer because they don't understand that many players refuse to build up their characters only to be forced into PvP at a later level. I played BDO but at least there the PvP is dependent on what areas you decide to go experience in and if you avoid them you are safe plus I think griefing there also has consequences.
    Chamber of Chains
  • gazrazgazraz Member UncommonPosts: 4
    New info..

Hello, Trainees.

It's been a while, but we'd like to apologize first about delivering a sad news.

Asta Online has been launched and serviced since April of this year.

We have constantly attempted to provide a high-quality service, but realized that this could not last any longer.
    So we had to decide to suspend the game service on 9th November 2017(Thu).

Asta Online installation is deactivated, and all the game services will be officially suspended within 1 month after this announcement.

We are sorry to tell you such bad news of game closing service all of a sudden.
    For schedule of Asta's service closure, please refer to the information below.

[Service termination notice]
    ■ Termination date : 8th Dec(Fri), 2017
    ■ Detail : Service termination of ASTA Online
    ■ Reference
    - In-game purchase has been closed at 01:00 AM(ASTA server time), 9th Nov(Thur)
    and players are no longer able to purchase cash items.

[Refund notice according to service termination]
    Regarding refund issues, please contact Steam customer support for detailed information.

We hope you have fun until the end, and it has been a pleasure to be with you even though the period was short.

We greatly appreciate all the trainees who have been enjoying Asta Online so far.

Thank you very much.