Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can people really be Moderators LOL.

RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/51216-For-that-we-have-been-putting-together-a-team-of-passionate-and-dedicated-vetera/?postID=508469#post508469

Just one of the many complaints that I have seen locked, or Deleted from their forums because of complaints about Moderation, Although they legally have the right to do this obviously, I am serious to how Moderators can easily abuse rights because Moderators are allowed to be parts of guilds, and players,  and friends with other people. While this might not be such a bad idea There needs to be a report system in game to right click a moderators name and report abuse which Administration will review and if its true they lose their rights if its a false report the player who filed it gets a 1 week ban from the game for the first false offense.

In General Moderators, or GM's are usually not allowed to be in a Guild, Alliance, or Interact with other players from their GM accounts, or disclose to other people when playing a game as a non GM.

While not all moderation is bad, players can punish any player for the slightest of things, and for no reason at all, and this is a problem.

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    Link can't be accessed.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101

Kyleran said:

Link can't be accessed.

Private forum may be.
    Chamber of Chains
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    edited April 2017

cheyane said:

Kyleran said:

Link can't be accessed.

Private forum may be.

cheyane said:

Kyleran said:

Link can't be accessed.

Private forum may be.

Yep damnit, well one moderator locked it, another one must have deleted it /made it private to cover it up from their forums that is why, its pretty sad they are doing Censorship on their own forums to hide the Truth of what is really going on...

Basically anyone who asks about bans, or Moderation / chat bans gets their threads locked, or locked / removed / made hidden from the public with a generic response of email Albion Support.
  • ToodlesToodles Member UncommonPosts: 121

Kyleran said:

Link can't be accessed.

They nuked the thread. They're hiding it all sadly, OP isn't as crazy as one might initially assume. This is standard operating procedure for this game.
    edited April 2017
    Toodles said:

Kyleran said:

Link can't be accessed.

They nuked the thread. They're hiding it all sadly, OP isn't as crazy as one might initially assume. This is standard operating procedure for this game.
    Haha yes it must be sadly I've been checking their forums daily to see the news and whats going on and I watched this thread get a moderator reply, and then it got nuked or rather hidden from the public yep its standard for this company to censor everything instead of leaving it for people to read, or letting discussion happen there...

And so we have to come here to discuss moderation and off topic things that this company likes to hide so that it may be listed on Google Search Engines...

This is in addition to getting banned after backing the game for 3+ years for trading across games without knowledge it was illegal at the time and administration who won't review shit I sent them or told them, as well as a few guild members who posted on the forums only to have them removed /nuked the same way because it violated a rule...

Yet magically https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/50668-Fuck-u-elsa/?postID=503373#post503373 This post that Insults a moderator directly and is toxic, yet it remains locked and open to the public, so One post about someone asking about chat moderation, or a Ban vs toxic comments its amazing how this company wants to make sure their game stays on the Top without having it on the search engines about what is really going on.
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    If this is how they are even before the proper launch of this game I would give this game a wide berth.
    Chamber of Chains
  • ExcessionExcession Member RarePosts: 709
    Buying game during beta = $30 - $100
    Getting banned for breaking rules = $0
    Being salty and posting on other forums about it all = Priceless.

A creative person is motivated by the desire to achieve, not the desire to beat others.

• KellerKeller Member UncommonPosts: 602
    If the Devs have a log with actions by Moderators and GMs then it's easy to see who is biased and who isn't.

Most games have rules and procedures about complaining about decisions by GMs and Moderators. Usually complaints are not allowed on the forums, but should be done by a private message or email. Most players believe that their right on Freedom of Expression is a valid reason to post on the forums anyway, moderators believe otherwise and lock/delete threads. Sometimes a smart player or moderator starts a thread about how complaints should be handled without pointing fingers at the Devs and people can have a civilized discussion.

edited April 2017

Torval said:

cheyane said:

If this is how they are even before the proper launch of this game I would give this game a wide berth.

The OP got banned for buying gold. This is the person who makes threads complaining about anticheat software in games that inhibit gold farm botters. Coincidence? It's one of those things that make you go hmm.

Anyway, EQ2 used to have community guides. A lot of niche hobby games and titles have veteran players with light GM powers. It's definitely something to keep an eye on in a pvp game.

First, I wasn't banned for purchase of Gold, this company can't see my personal transactions, the only thing they can see is a transaction with someone who was involved by their claims with doing illegal activity which I was not aware of, and their T&C changed without providing notice of a update which "Forbids trading items across games"... As for buying (Gold or Currency) in a game that is going to be wiped again from my understanding what a frigging joke and a waste of money, the only money I spent went directly to the game and its developers for 3 years.

Second, Yes I complain about Anti-Cheat software (That is Malicious) and (Denuvo) I have no problem with (Anti Cheats) but they need to respect privacy, and give option for easy removal when a person quits the game and wants if off their system (Xing Code) (Game Guard) and (Denuvo) do not provide clear removal instructions and are installed without consent. Every Game, that I have seen with either of these Ant-Cheats, has bots & Cheaters it does nothing.

Third, Its not really just about a ban from a game that I backed for 3 years, its about a company that is (Censorship) on their own forums by removing people who complain about moderators Do you honestly see Moderators in (World OF Warcraft) or almost any other MMORPG based game today? Because I don't because it leads to power-trips, and abuse for any little thing meanwhile if another person says the N word their friend lets them go with no penalty, and so people complain about this but it gets censored from their website to try to keep it clean like it works 100% Great.

Instead of censorship, Why don't they just lock the thread, leave it up there, and actually do something to improve customer support.

And yet we have other players in game and out of game who do far worse than buying gold, but being toxic, including the person who comes straight out and tells a forum moderator to F*** themselves, as well as all the Smack Talk some far worse likely on down calling guilds of people retar*s https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Board/37-Forum-PvP/?pageNo=2  And then you think to yourself Do you really wan't to be part of a community like this anyways.

Even for the sake of argument if I actually purchased gold off some china farmer, im saying this because I know for a fact,t hat Blizzard, Trion, Bioware, Zenimax, just to name of a few of the big ones would not ban a user for making a gold purchase, they might have the funds removed, Character Roll-Back, or a warning For the first offense, but never would they just ban an account for the first time forever, and never in the years of gaming in any of these when I did, have I heard one claim of a person getting banned for purchase of goldat least not for the first offense.

Because of this ban I am honestly tempted to go make a new Blizzard account and a few gaming accounts and buy just $5 worth of gold, and see how long it takes me to get banned as well as what steps they do when getting caught for the first time to see if I am still right about this. But then thinking about it I could just call Blizzard on the phone, as well as any of the other bigger companies because they have better customer service, and ask them this question myself.