Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kaplan Snarks Back at IGN Commentators - Overwatch Videos - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited April 2017 in Videos Discussion

imageKaplan Snarks Back at IGN COmmentators - Overwatch Videos - MMORPG.com

Overwatch's Jeff Kaplan has paired up with IGN to read and respond (humorously) to comments made by users. The Junkrat in lingerie is....

Read the full story here

Post edited by SBFord on

Comments

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    edited April 2017
    LOL 'Fuck Bastion ...some deep fantasy of this person'
    Chamber of Chains
  • KonfessKonfess Member RarePosts: 1,667
    edited April 2017
    "Junkrat is in lingerie", is the appropriate answer. And what's with all the hate for Bastion?

Pardon any spelling errors
    Konfess your cyns and some maybe forgiven
    Boy: Why can't I talk to Him?
    Mom: We don't talk to Priests.
    As if it could exist, without being payed for.
    F2P means you get what you paid for. Pay nothing, get nothing.
    Even telemarketers wouldn't think that.
    It costs money to play.  Therefore P2W.

• postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    "I think it's less about nerf South Korea more about buff the rest of the world". Hilarious. gg

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited April 2017
    Makes me wonder why Kaplan actually thinks he is popular enough that we want to listen to him try to be smart?

As to the OW game,Epic already did this whole idea 20 years ago "a little late there blizz" only OW is like the half assed effort.Difference being NO TOOLS,NO modding community,NO game engine editor,NO single player game,yeah a half assed effort.

So they added heroes, a way over used theme by Blizzard but it supports a cash shop nicely.

NOBODY at Blizzard seems to know how to generate really good pvp maps,like pro rated maps nor do they have the proper ful array in the design to support the best possible pvp,just heroes and average maps.

IF OW allowed all skills to be available to each player,it would have improved the game 25% but you can't support a cash shop that way,,good job Blizzard,marketing 101,hope you pay your marketing team big dollars to do the obvious lol, but your game is sub par.

Bottom line,good thing they pay you the big bucks Kaplan because w/o the Blizzard brand behind you,you would be seeking employment elsewhere.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015
    Loved the comment on Winston.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    "Hearthstone was meant to be the sequel to Lost Vikings."
    Harbinger of Fools
  • AnirethAnireth Member UncommonPosts: 940
    If you mean UT, Epic did nothing of that sort. UT plays different from *hero* shooters. Now if you said Valve, thats something else. They indeed did it (nearly) 20 years ago

I'll wait to the day's end when the moon is high
    And then I'll rise with the tide with a lust for life, I'll
    Amass an army, and we'll harness a horde
    And then we'll limp across the land until we stand at the shore

• ArskaaaArskaaa Member RarePosts: 1,265
    female chars only dlc confirmed!
  • NephethNepheth Member RarePosts: 473
    edited April 2017

Wizardry said:

Makes me wonder why Kaplan actually thinks he is popular enough that we want to listen to him try to be smart?

As to the OW game,Epic already did this whole idea 20 years ago "a little late there blizz" only OW is like the half assed effort.Difference being NO TOOLS,NO modding community,NO game engine editor,NO single player game,yeah a half assed effort.

So they added heroes, a way over used theme by Blizzard but it supports a cash shop nicely.

NOBODY at Blizzard seems to know how to generate really good pvp maps,like pro rated maps nor do they have the proper ful array in the design to support the best possible pvp,just heroes and average maps.

IF OW allowed all skills to be available to each player,it would have improved the game 25% but you can't support a cash shop that way,,good job Blizzard,marketing 101,hope you pay your marketing team big dollars to do the obvious lol, but your game is sub par.

Bottom line,good thing they pay you the big bucks Kaplan because w/o the Blizzard brand behind you,you would be seeking employment elsewhere.

Are u high or something? Yes he is popular enough for the Overwatch community. Everyone loves him. [mod edit]
    Post edited by Vaross on
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

Wizardry said:

I disagree.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • unfilteredJWunfilteredJW Member RarePosts: 388
    edited April 2017

Nepheth said:

Wizardry said:

Are u high or something? Yes he is popular enough for the Overwatch community. Everyone loves him. [mod edit]

Best to ignore or laugh at the bitter uncle owen that refuses to adapt to a changing market.
    Post edited by Vaross on

I'm a MUDder. I play MUDs.

Current: Dragonrealms

• xyzercrimexyzercrime Member RarePosts: 878
    edited April 2017

Soki123 said:

Wizardry said:

[mod edit]

Nah, I doubt that. He just playing smart (even though he's not), plain and simple. :chuffed:
    Post edited by Vaross on

When you don't want the truth, you will make up your own truth.
  • xyzercrimexyzercrime Member RarePosts: 878
    "I could make a more interesting characters with a handfull of french fries."

Ronald_the_McDonald, 2017

When you don't want the truth, you will make up your own truth.
  • postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003

Nepheth said:

Wizardry said:

Are u high or something? Yes he is popular enough for the Overwatch community. Everyone loves him. This video is not for an ignorant blind hater like you.

Best to ignore or laugh at the bitter uncle owen that refuses to adapt to a changing market.

Pro Tip: Say "cash shop" and watch him start foaming at the mouth.

• mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,626

Anireth said:

If you mean UT, Epic did nothing of that sort. UT plays different from *hero* shooters. Now if you said Valve, thats something else. They indeed did it (nearly) 20 years ago

Technically it was over 20 years ago if you include Quakeworld Team Fortress :D Most people either forgot or don't know about that version though. (1996ish)
  • zenomexzenomex Member UncommonPosts: 242
    edited April 2017

Nepheth said:

Wizardry said:

he's special
    Post edited by Vaross on
  • DAOWAceDAOWAce Member UncommonPosts: 432
    Kaplan is ignorant himself, what irony.
  • TyranusPrimeTyranusPrime Member UncommonPosts: 306
    Love it.. Kaplan really is a great dev in my opinion.. I think more devs should have an equal passion for their game and a sense of humor about it all..

..because we're gamers, damn it!! - William Massachusetts (Log Horizon)

• IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120

bcbully said:

Wizardry said:

I disagree.

Finally! I though you two were brothers or something ..

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    Not one comment about Widowmakers rear end? What is going on over at IGN? Has the site/forum been taken over by women and 10 year olds? I am going over there to place the following comment:

"Who did you model Widowmakers rear end from and can I have her phone number?"

LOL
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• AnnwynAnnwyn Member UncommonPosts: 2,854

Wizardry said:

Please tell me this was satirical...

Yes, Jeff Kaplan is fairly popular among the OW community (although Dinoflask probably helped).

The maps are actually designed quite well, and the variety of heroes allow teams to adapt fairly easily to the changing situations (choke points, etc).

Also, you rail on about a "Cash Shop" , which leads me to believe you actually have not played Overwatch. The only item sold in Overwatch are the lootboxes (which rewards cosmetic items), which can be gained for free by playing the game, and there's no cash-exclusive content... I mean, can we even call this a cash shop? Is there really a reason to criticize it when it provides no bonuses and you can acquire all cosmetic items for free just by playing the game?

I mean seriously, are you just hating on OW because it's a Blizzard game? Because there is absolutely no reasonable criticism in your post. You're just throwing shit at the wall hoping it sticks.
  • VerenathVerenath Member UncommonPosts: 61

Wizardry said:

I disagree as well. Good day to you.

-Verenath-