Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

getting into this game

DonpoohbearDonpoohbear Member UncommonPosts: 85
so i recently picked this up im finding it fun i was looking for some starter advice im playing a marauder id love to stay being a 2hnded axe weilder. and id like to know about farming things like whet stones and alchemy orbs etc currently lvl 12

Comments

• BjelarBjelar Member UncommonPosts: 398
    edited May 2016
    so i recently picked this up im finding it fun i was looking for some starter advice im playing a marauder id love to stay being a 2hnded axe weilder. and id like to know about farming things like whet stones and alchemy orbs etc currently lvl 12
    Path of Exile is a truly deep game, and to me it took many hundred hours to get into it. I do think it was worth it though.
    There is no point in farming whetstones and alchs. You'll get enough of them just by playing -or you can trade for them with other players. Two handed axe marauder is certainly viable, also in endgame, but the main selling point of PoE in my mind is the huge variety of possible charachters to play. Starting over again is always an option.
    If you like to watch guides on youtube, I would recommend ziggyD or liftingnerdbro, or if you want to have your mind blown, look up raizqt's speed leveling guides.
    Best of luck, and new leagues HYPE!!!!!
  • MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,360
    I just back into PoE this week, and I'm amazed at how much I didn't know before! This game is deep, and the character playstyle customization options are vast! Love it!
  • JakobmillerJakobmiller Member RarePosts: 674
    One of few games I actually recommend playing these days. A company I gladly back, although I am a bit sadface that they changed signed concept art up to 400USD..

Anyway. Just play. You'll learn stuff eventually. Try different roles. If you find one that you really like. Push it. 

And for me personally. Hardcore is the only way. It makes me leave the game from time to time, but it also makes me come back.
  • GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    DMKano said:
    how did I max out all charcaters before is beyond me
    ...I think you mistake PoE with some other game.
  • JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,959
    I remember that huge annoying chat Window with big text filling up half your screen that you could not adjust.

Did they ever fixed that? Was a much requested feature that they ignored for at least two years before I gave up.
  • mlkjghjmlkjghj Member UncommonPosts: 3

JeroKane said:

I remember that huge annoying chat Window with big text filling up half your screen that you could not adjust.

Did they ever fixed that? Was a much requested feature that they ignored for at least two years before I gave up.

i think so, i never noticed it
  • mlkjghjmlkjghj Member UncommonPosts: 3

One of few games I actually recommend playing these days. A company I gladly back, although I am a bit sadface that they changed signed concept art up to 400USD..

lol