Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please have a good percentage of solo content.

delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
Sure, who am I ?......... I'm just an active poster that thinks too much.  But I just would like to humbly say a few things from my years of observations.  With everything in life and with and a big obsession for mmo's, I study shit.  I always go beyond just having fun.  From day one of any mmo I go right for the " social panel " and check populations, tell me that's not obsession.  Many here think I'm a troll or like to cause controversy but that's not true, I deeply care.......My negativity comes from a REAL knowledge that mmo gamming has 100% fallen apart leaving us with nothing but Asian grinders.  I don't care if others here with this obsession say different, if so their wrong.  This is not a troll statement because its true.

A few more things:
By studying shit and without access to the main frame here at mmorpg.com I can still safely say Pantheon sub forums are the most viewed and most posted.  Arguments often breakout over an extreme range of topic's of how this game is being developed, I'll not go into that because we all know this anyway.  This in my view is good..... You say what ?..... I say yes !.... This shows passion, it peeks intrigue, it causes the negative posters to want to play anyway too.  And in my observation it's getting stronger.

Now on to the topic:
With the popularity of Pantheon and its truly getting stronger, a large range of people are jumping on board.  Many say it's niche, I'm alone is saying it's much larger than that.  But that doesn't matter anyway "people are intrigued and hoping it will be for everyone".

With this I hope V Realms can introduce a good percentage of solo content to open it up for more popularity !!!!....... Besides even the most die hard group player likes their alone time anyway...... This is the foundation of Vanilla World of Warcraft.  It had a natural balance of everything. I would like to stress NATURAL BALANCE.  And don't make the solo content easy !!!!!!
......................................................................................................................
It seems I have to edit this post a little:
I understand Pantheon, will have some solo content. However the average player would have to dig deeper in knowing this.  Many just read the headlines and not the fine print.  All I'm saying is please have a sufficient amount too, and let it be known.
......................................................................................................................

I'll close with this:
mmorpg.com is the most viewed go to site for mmo news, lets just hope the word gets out, because it's by far small compared to the mass population of potential players.  Word of mouth is good, advertisement is crazy expensive.....But a long awaited game, if made right, could be that WOW killer :)

Post edited by delete5230 on

Comments

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081

Vutar said:

That would go against everything the game stands for. The entire idea is to get back to MMOs where people worked together to accomplish goals. Not another WoW clone where everyone runs around in their solo bubble.

I wouldn't say that.  Just a percentage of solo is all I'm saying.  No one is talking about just another average mmo.

It's amazing how people can twist things around here.  For anyone to get a simple point across, it seems like you have to write a book with every extreme detail ! 
  • LasterbaLasterba Member UncommonPosts: 137

Vutar said:

That would go against everything the game stands for. The entire idea is to get back to MMOs where people worked together to accomplish goals. Not another WoW clone where everyone runs around in their solo bubble.

I wouldn't say that.  Just a percentage of solo is all I'm saying.  No one is talking about just another average mmo.

It's amazing how people can twist things around here.  For anyone to get a simple point across, it seems like you have to write a book with every extreme detail ! 

No...he's simply stating a fact.  The devs have said there will be solo content but, if you intend to solo, do not expect to be powerful or get legendary/epic gear.  If you are a solo player in Pantheon you better enjoy having a weak character and standing right outside town grinding on squirrels and bunny rabbits.

DMKano said:

is 7% good?

Ok, maybe a fact from the main frame here, I don't know, I don't care.....But what this is a Troll response !

Lasterba said:

Vutar said:

No...he's simply stating a fact.  The devs have said there will be solo content but, if you intend to solo, do not expect to be powerful or get legendary/epic gear.  If you are a solo player in Pantheon you better enjoy having a weak character and standing right outside town grinding on squirrels and bunny rabbits.

And that's how it should be, weak character if you solo..... I agree :)
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Pantheon will end up like EQ1, where solo content is slower, will have way less rewards and the risk of soloing will be much higher then a team. Not all classes will solo well and if a solo career is what you wish to play. You will have to wait and see what classes will solo best. 

Also the main way to solo in EQ1 was kiting and fear kiting. Mobs in this game will not all react the same. When kitted some mobs may just play along while others will run for help. Others will root you or may kite you as well. The goal is a varied mob reaction so tactics will need to change, thus making soloing much harder. Not impossible but not the standard. 
  • LeFantomeLeFantome Member RarePosts: 692
    I don't get it.

Why would you play a MMORPG.  If you want to solo the content?

Freaking buy a single player game and you will get your solo content.

A bit more and you will ask us to play the game for you..

Nanfoodle said:

Pantheon will end up like EQ1, where solo content is slower, will have way less rewards and the risk of soloing will be much higher then a team. Not all classes will solo well and if a solo career is what you wish to play. You will have to wait and see what classes will solo best. 

Also the main way to solo in EQ1 was kiting and fear kiting. Mobs in this game will not all react the same. When kitted some mobs may just play along while others will run for help. Others will root you or may kite you as well. The goal is a varied mob reaction so tactics will need to change, thus making soloing much harder. Not impossible but not the standard. 

GOOD !!!!!!!!........ I never played EQ1...... This is what I assumed it was like.  Even Vanilla World of Warcraft had weaker solo characters. 

I hope every new player understands this, because this needs to be stressed to not scare potential players away.

black777 said:

I don't get it.

What's wrong with you ?...... Read the post, how hard is it to get a simple point across.

Your trying to say I'm asking to totally dumb down the game !
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    well , first thing you got wrong , and its right there in Most Popular for everyone to see is that Pantheon isnt even on the the top 8 of viewed here going back a 1 week, 1 month , 6 month or a year..The Most Popular Tab shows the unique hits for the most viewed and discussed games on this site , wether good or bad discussion .. Pantheon does not even make the top 8 ...

FYI i am a Pantheon fan , and have great hope for it ... but you ... you are way off the mark here...  Aside form what may be obvious knowing BM history of Game Development , im certain there will be a good mix , of SOlo/Group .. Overland and Dungeon .. Im thinking something along the lines of Vanguard .. Content spread wise..

DMKano said:

DMKano said:

is 7% good?

Ok, maybe a fact from the main frame here, I don't know, I don't care.....But what this is a Troll response !

Umm are you seriulously calling me a troll?

may I point out that you just compared Pantheon (a return to social classic MMORPG like EQ1)

to

WoW - the biggest themepark of all time

Are you for real?

Did you even read your own OP?

Look, the post is simple.  The game is being advertised as Group.  I'm all for that by the way !

The average player will not read details.  Come on this is a fact and you know it.

If you only read the headlines, people will get the wrong idea..... AND MANY ARE GETTING THE WRONG IDEA as per the headlines of this game....... I'm saying a good percentage of solo too, as in good percentage also.  I don't think the best poster can word it any better. 

- would it be better if I added six more paragraphs to get this point across.
    - would it be better if it was worded differently?...... Writing is not my field. Does it have to be in order to post !...... You being here for a long time know, it's impossible to get any point across to people here.  People can twist anything around.

And yes, I'm seriously saying, typing 7% is a troll post, true or not it's a dig. 

• svannsvann Member RarePosts: 2,230
    They have said
    1. The game is mostly group oriented (not almost completely as some have posted)
    2. Soloing will be possible, but not as efficient as grouping
    3. Important mobs will have anti-kite mechanics (which is no different than modern eq1)

So it sounds to me like soloing will be something you can do when you dont have a group, but not something most would choose to do over grouping.  Which is fine by me.
    Uproar
    Dont get upset, people in this thread are not twisting what you say into a negative. Pantheon is a game about needing people. Content will naturally push people together. The best items, crafted od dropped will need other players support to earn. Like a forge to make that awesome sword you want, will be in the middle of a dungeon. Not saying you can't solo as VR Devs have said you can. It's that soloing by end game you will be very behind. Your environmental gear alone will be so far behind a team may not even accept you. Look at soloing as something you can do between teaming when you have nothing else to do. 
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,982
    All I can say is that I have been playing vanilla DAoC and the reason it has held my attention and those of my friends is because of the way the game promotes interdependance.  

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• BcudaBcuda Member UncommonPosts: 164
    I understand why someone would want some solo content.. That being said, I don't think the devs are making any attempt to build a solo class to walk into caves and dangerous realms. As an old eq cleric. I know how it is to log in and lfg for a half an hour and try back later. I don't expect to be able to do any dangerous soloing as that Templer. That's why you craft and work on smaller stuff. Dev's build your game . If I have to solo for a while until a group needs me... Ill move slowly in the forest.
  • KilsinKilsin Member RarePosts: 515
    We answer this question and more in our detailed FAQ http://www.pantheonmmo.com/game/faqs/ :)
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630

Your trying to say I'm asking to totally dumb down the game !

But that is a long established practice on this forum. Take what someone says and twist it to claim they want an Ez-Mode, dumbed-down hand holding mainstream type game. And then the more you defend and point out you said something quite different, the more they say go back to WoW. This can't be the first time you have encountered this here. 

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• Nightbringe1Nightbringe1 Member UncommonPosts: 1,335

Nanfoodle said:

Also the main way to solo in EQ1 was kiting and fear kiting.

I always preferred pet tanking. Easier to deal with summoning mobs and less worry about adds.

Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do.
    Benjamin Franklin

• MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609

Nanfoodle said:

I always preferred pet tanking. Easier to deal with summoning mobs and less worry about adds.

I always preferred root-DoTTing over kiting with my druid.  Safer, in my opinion, as it didn't need acres of space.   South Karana - bring on the kiting.  Dulak's Harbor - snare, root, DoT.

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001

black777 said:

I don't get it.

There are people who play it for the social aspect and also the "live world" that players create.

Of course this gets the whole thing into the "solo vs group content" thread so maybe you should look in there for your answers.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 

Nanfoodle said:

In PoP I used to kite 2-5 mobs at a time with snare kiting. I did do pet tanking at lower levels but was not nearly as mana effective at higher levels. 

Mendel said:

Nanfoodle said:

I always preferred root-DoTTing over kiting with my druid.  Safer, in my opinion, as it didn't need acres of space.   South Karana - bring on the kiting.  Dulak's Harbor - snare, root, DoT.

I did do allot of root kiting when I was in tight areas. Works well for everything but ranged classes. Second you rooted them they start nuking you but when it fit, it worked well =-)
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    People dont realize that there has always been "solo content" without devs going out of their way to make it for particular things. It was called farming and leveling/grinding. That may not be the type of "content" people in today's age wanted but it was still something. And yes you could solo level back in the day, it was just inefficient to do it and some classes had easier times doing it vs others. People are playing a Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game but want 90% of the game have solo and/or easy mode options defeating the point. If you want a game like that, just play one of the 20291083 that are currently out, GW2 and TSWL(?) being good games that you can solo most of the stuff in. This game should be 90% grouping with the option to solo but with solo'ing being so outrageously inefficient that you just dont do anything until you get a group. That's pretty much how FFXI went for years. Sure you could solo level, but it wasn't worth the time to do it before Abyssea.
  • svannsvann Member RarePosts: 2,230
    strawman
    I don't think many here get my point.  Reflecting back on the original post, I can see why because I rambled on too much instead of being crystal clear of what I was trying to get across.

I understand their will be solo content, it would be crazy not too.  Everyone would need solo time for what I call prep work.

I'll try and rephrase:
    The only turn off to a large amount of TRUE mmo players is the advertisement of group content. Please understand I'M ALL FOR THIS.

Pantheon has developed a stigma that may turn off many potential players, EVEN THE HARD CORE !
    Maybe the group stigma through advertisement is real and that's what they want and only want.  Understand I'm totally ok with this for myself........ But does it have to be totally niche ?

To rephrase again:
    99.9 % niche ?........ By referring people to a Q&A web site saying "their will be some solo content" doesn't answer anything....... If developers are shooting for 99.9 % and this is their goal, then OK !
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

I don't think many here get my point.  Reflecting back on the original post, I can see why because I rambled on too much instead of being crystal clear of what I was trying to get across.

I understand their will be solo content, it would be crazy not too.  Everyone would need solo time for what I call prep work.

I'll try and rephrase:
    The only turn off to a large amount of TRUE mmo players is the advertisement of group content. Please understand I'M ALL FOR THIS.

Pantheon has developed a stigma that may turn off many potential players, EVEN THE HARD CORE !
    Maybe the group stigma through advertisement is real and that's what they want and only want.  Understand I'm totally ok with this for myself........ But does it have to be totally niche ?

To rephrase again:
    99.9 % niche ?........ By referring people to a Q&A web site saying "their will be some solo content" doesn't answer anything....... If developers are shooting for 99.9 % and this is their goal, then OK !

You have previously stated a preference (or belief) this game should (or would) rival WOW in popularity.

Clearly the devs here are not shooting for that niche and have set their sights on a much smaller target.

How small that ends up to be is debatable of course but to vary from their core design (and message) at this time would only serve to alienate their core target audience.

I'm not sure you have much experience with old school "camp grinding" games but players will find ways (sometimes novel) to solo content when they wish.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Kyleran said:

I'll try and rephrase:

To rephrase again:

You have previously stated a preference (or belief) this game should (or would) rival WOW in popularity.

Clearly the devs here are not shooting for that niche and have set their sights on a much smaller target.

How small that ends up to be is debatable of course but to vary from their core design (and message) at this time would only serve to alienate their core target audience.

I'm not sure you have much experience with old school "camp grinding" games but players will find ways (sometimes novel) to solo content when they wish.

I understand your point too Klyeran,

I don't have much experience with the very old school camp grinding, this is true.

I'm not saying to mess with their core design.  But to "add on top of" is what I'm trying to say. 

No one knows how much solo content...... V Realms is not clear.......Maybe 1%, maybe 20%, But one thing for sure, it's causing a stigma.....And a good chance an un-needed one !