Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Updated list of completed features and still missing ones

Comments

• KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229

MaxBacon said:

Kefo said:

Really? Cause max said they didn't have sq42 drop in drop out listed as a broken promise and I see it listed now. So someone is updating the list

Yeah, it was updated, but what was contested was ignored. The Bengal bit is the obvious one, not moving it from Not Started, but adding a source from 2013 (when it was a concept) to backup the Not Started status.

Seems the :getout: button is for real lol

Or it could be they don't have a lot of time to update things. You don't know the full extent of things and neither do I but how about we give it an it and see what comes of it
    edited April 2017

Erillion said:

hfztt said:

Erillion said:

Theoretical:  List is an intentional propaganda tool.

Practical:      Do not sticky.

If we play that game all your stickies would have to go too...

Just saying.

None of my posts have been stickied by the moderators.

There are only two sticky posts ... the OP being  a moderator.

Have fun

None of your posts have been stickied but that's because a moderation made a topic and told you to post your milestones updates in the thread instead of spamming the forum every time they broke a new million so it's as good as yours lol

edit for spelling 
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    >>>  but how about we give it an it and see what comes of it >>>

I heard that one before. And no good comes of it.

Guess that is why this "SC Tracker" is based on the "Trump Tracker" (see "About Us") ......

Have fun

Erillion said:

Guess that is why this "SC Tracker" is based on the "Trump Tracker" (see "About Us") ......

Have fun

You're just reaching for any little straw aren't you?
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    edited April 2017
    Kefo said:

Or it could be they don't have a lot of time to update things. You don't know the full extent of things and neither do I but how about we give it an it and see what comes of it

I know you seem to put a lot on blind faith on a group of goons to provide you with accurate trustworthy information. You and I know where that this is likely to go, just to create a big list of broken promises and intentionally leaving out stuff completed to transmit the message intended, what is perfect for you because it would fit your negative bias. But not for anyone looking for objectivity.

No different than Smart's blogs, but hey, we can pretend!

Kefo said:

Erillion said:

Have fun

You're just reaching for any little straw aren't you?

Nope ...

we Austrians are just a bit more wary nowadays when someone says "lets give it a try and see what comes of it".

Two world wars came of it, triggered by Austrians.

Have fun

MaxBacon said:

Kefo said:

I know you seem to put a lot on blind faith on a group of goons to provide you with accurate trustworthy information. You and I know where that this is likely to go, just to create a big list of broken promises and intentionally leaving out stuff completed to transmit the message intended, what is perfect for you because it would fit your negative bias. But not for anyone looking for objectivity.

This passive defense of goons will not change it.

Lol passive defence. You could give it a chance or do you just assume everyone belonging to a group is just bad? Goons can be asshats so the list could very well just be a propaganda tool.

I suppose the list doesn't fit your positive bias does it since you seem focused on that about me.
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    edited April 2017
    Kefo said:
    I suppose the list doesn't fit your positive bias does it since you seem focused on that about me.
    The same way I don't believe if the list wasn't created by Goons or promoted by Derek Smart, you would have posted it here on this forum. I could be wrong but I wouldn't bet on it. I would never contest the right to do that, but endorsement it had to be unjustified.

MaxBacon said:

Kefo said:
    The same way I don't believe if the list wasn't created by Goons or promoted by Derek Smart, you would have posted it here on this forum. I could be wrong but I wouldn't bet on it. I would never contest the right to do that, but endorsement it had to be unjustified.

I posted it cause I came across it and since the Reddit list I posted was probably lost in the furor of another thread I created a new one. If I saw it on spectrum I'd post it but I'd probably be beat out by Erillion lol
  • CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    edited April 2017

Kefo said:

CrazKanuk said:

Vrika said:

MaxBacon said:
    And yes, perhaps we need a place more excluded of personal or biased interpretations. I can try to put something up and I would welcome you to contest anything you wouldn't consider accurate, I really do believe we need a tracker like this that needs to stay objective.

No you can not. Anyone who is ready to spend enough time to make a list like this has an agenda. Either they are supporting Star Citizen, or against Star Citizen.

You might be able to hide your agenda better and fool people better than the list's creator. But we won't be seeing an objective list.

Yeah, but maybe he wants a sticky :) 

In all fairness I could care less whether it stays or not, but if it is left then it will be a great reference for the next time that someone is whining about who pro-SC MMORPG.com is. 

My guess is that there's probably a better, more accurate reddit list somewhere. This is just the most convenient and it has colors and looks like a graph, so it must be accurate :) 

I've posted another list from Reddit that wasn't quite up to date before (listed stretch goals, promises, etc) and got a less then stellar response from one of the usual suspects lol.

Found it!!!

Personally, I'd prefer to copy/pasta that list and vet it here than leave it as a sticky instead of the link from the OP here. I think that, at very least, the items in the other list are mostly tangible things. There are still some items that are questionable, such as "No Pay to Win" or "No Subscriptions", since I think that the context of those items are VERY debatable. Also, other items like mods, etc. are completely reasonable to NOT be completed. I can't think of a game off the top of my head where mods were implemented before the game was officially released. 

Either way, I think that the reddit list you quoted previously is actually much more relevant. 

Just my opinion, though. Would that seem reasonable? Also, if we threw it all into a thread here would you admin it? If you do that I'll second it so we've got almost an issues council of sorts. Unless you don't care enough to actually invest that amount of time. I question the value of it myself, actually. That being said, in the event that there is any dispute, we know that we are within driving distance of each other, so we could always have thumb-wrestling matches to resolve disputes. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

CrazKanuk said:

Kefo said:

CrazKanuk said:

Vrika said:

MaxBacon said:
    And yes, perhaps we need a place more excluded of personal or biased interpretations. I can try to put something up and I would welcome you to contest anything you wouldn't consider accurate, I really do believe we need a tracker like this that needs to stay objective.

No you can not. Anyone who is ready to spend enough time to make a list like this has an agenda. Either they are supporting Star Citizen, or against Star Citizen.

You might be able to hide your agenda better and fool people better than the list's creator. But we won't be seeing an objective list.

Yeah, but maybe he wants a sticky :) 

In all fairness I could care less whether it stays or not, but if it is left then it will be a great reference for the next time that someone is whining about who pro-SC MMORPG.com is. 

My guess is that there's probably a better, more accurate reddit list somewhere. This is just the most convenient and it has colors and looks like a graph, so it must be accurate :) 

I've posted another list from Reddit that wasn't quite up to date before (listed stretch goals, promises, etc) and got a less then stellar response from one of the usual suspects lol.

Found it!!!

Personally, I'd prefer to copy/pasta that list and vet it here than leave it as a sticky instead of the link from the OP here. I think that, at very least, the items in the other list are mostly tangible things. There are still some items that are questionable, such as "No Pay to Win" or "No Subscriptions", since I think that the context of those items are VERY debatable. Also, other items like mods, etc. are completely reasonable to NOT be completed. I can't think of a game off the top of my head where mods were implemented before the game was officially released. 

Either way, I think that the reddit list you quoted previously is actually much more relevant. 

Just my opinion, though. Would that seem reasonable? Also, if we threw it all into a thread here would you admin it? If you do that I'll second it so we've got almost an issues council of sorts. Unless you don't care enough to actually invest that amount of time. I question the value of it myself, actually. That being said, in the event that there is any dispute, we know that we are within driving distance of each other, so we could always have thumb-wrestling matches to resolve disputes. 

Can it be longbows at 200 paces? I haven't used mine yet this year and wouldn't mind a moving target :awesome: I kid I kid don't report me lol

Just so we are clear you are asking me to recreate the Reddit thread here and mod it so that as things get fixed or dropped the list would be updated? I would require proof of said things in order to move them around (assuming I want to do that lol)
  • thunderclesthundercles Member UncommonPosts: 510
    @BillMurphy, @MikeB sooo any official statements?
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    So which one of you who dislike the stickied list, those who made it and their motives, is going to put in the work to make your very own version?

Then we can talk about yours... see how that works? :)
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

Iselin said:

So which one of you who dislike the stickied list, those who made it and their motives, is going to put in the work to make your very own version?

-- > Found it!!!

There is and was already a list here in THIS forum.

And everyone can contribute to keep it up to date.

Better to sticky the list we already have here.

Have fun
    Thank you ...

lets keep THIS list Found it!!!  up to date in our forum here.

Have fun 
  • HeraseHerase Member RarePosts: 993

Iselin said:

The initial problem isn't who made it or their motives, it's that fact they've created a list that's meant to be updated based on development of the game, but aren't. They ask for suggestions, but don't take them.

Whats the point of having such a list if your not going to do anything with it? That's when motive and who made it is brought into question. 

Overall I don't think most care if there is a list or not, but the fact misinformation is being endorsed.

Tbh think is just been done for shits an giggles :)
  • n3v3rriv3rn3v3rriv3r Member UncommonPosts: 496

Erillion said:

For backers THIS is the list that matters:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/funding-goals

Anything else - "promise" or not - is open to interpretation and manipulation.

Have fun

LOL just .... *facepalm*. You are proving the existence of a god (SC) with the bible (their site). Every time I read one of your posts you sound like a member of Westboro Baptist Church for Star Citizen.

You are a lunatic. 

edited April 2017

Erillion said:

For backers THIS is the list that matters:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/funding-goals

Anything else - "promise" or not - is open to interpretation and manipulation.

Have fun

LOL just .... *facepalm*. You are proving the existence of a god (SC) with the bible (their site). Every time I read one of your posts you sound like a member of Westboro Baptist Church for Star Citizen.

You are a lunatic. 

What the hell are you on about? He saying backers should care about that list overall and not on the maybe's and hopes after that because that's the stuff they initially paid to be made. If CIG backtracks on any of that stuff, then there's a problem.

Maybe take the time to understand whats being said first. :/
  • n3v3rriv3rn3v3rriv3r Member UncommonPosts: 496

Herase said:

If CIG backtracks on any of that stuff, then there's a problem.

lol what is wrong with you zealots? 

Herase said:

If CIG backtracks on any of that stuff, then there's a problem.

lol what is wrong with you zealots? 

Yeeah, not sure what to say at this point. Thank you for your contribution? 
  • BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,265
    Ohhh a list from the goons...

One should expect objectiveness and factual actual data from those sad and buthurt individuals. B)

Not.
    As the change/update still has not appeared on the Goon List - here is something to update OUR list here:

Bengal carrier ...

Work HAS started long ago (Goons list it as "Not started") ... Links with videos see upthread and in the ship thread ... at the end of 2016 the responsible person at CIG listed the Bengal development as 70 % completed.

Have fun

MaxBacon said:

That list needs updates, there's things that are correct and others that aren't.

For example the Bengal Carrier put under "Not Started" when there's already Ship Shapes showing it off. The SQ42 goals of the mission design (as SQ42 embeds FPS and such now) is obviously under progress as well. The number of missions is also put on 2 categories at once.

There's 2 things on broken promises I can't understand is Oculus Rift support, they still claim VR on the plans of the game, and Oculus Rift Support was only a stretch goal for the Hangars that got delivered at one point.

The other is Build own motion capture studio, that is not a broken promise as they do have it and even shown their own rigs for creating animations in the game.

Bengal carrier moved to in progress
    SQ42 stuff moved to in progress
    Build own mocap studio moved to completed.

MaxBacon said:

This is what I was talking about by "every mention of something = promised something":

"Mechanics: Basic mining will be in 3.0" 

It is put as a promise, yet it wasn't any, there's a difference between saying they are trying to tackle a basic version of mining on 3.0, over a statement they would be releasing a basic version of mining in 3.0...

This is where you can see the Agenda where discredit the game's development is more important than accurate information. ;)

Basic mining moved to not started (cause we haven't seen it yet)
    I don't mean to sound like a giant ass but I do believe this is for all the fans out there preaching doom about this tracker.