Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GW 2 Why the hype

HyperpsycrowHyperpsycrow Member RarePosts: 911
Why do gw 2 has the highest hype in here ?

What is new ?
Says free to plasy but expansion cost money..so its only half free if u ask me

It it realy worth playing ?

Comments

• krevrakrevra Member UncommonPosts: 50
    games been out a while HOT was a okay expac at best, wvw still sucks.
  • HyperpsycrowHyperpsycrow Member RarePosts: 911
    OK so Game over..the hype is just payd for hype..they bribed Mmorpg site for telling em gw2 has hype XD

• MagikarpsGhostMagikarpsGhost Member RarePosts: 689

OK so Game over..the hype is just payd for hype..they bribed Mmorpg site for telling em gw2 has hype XD

not really, most of the hype meters dont get updated after the game launches, gw2 was hyped big time at launch but now its died down a bit.
    YashaX

free 7 day sub and unlocks for swtor new accounts and 90+ day inactive subs click here to get it!

Click here for trove referral, bonuses to both!

• PottedPlant22PottedPlant22 Member RarePosts: 800
    GW2 had the biggest hype before release of any MMORPG I have ever seen.  In addition many 'game journalist' jumped on the bandwagon and over sold the PR talk of the game without asking many critical questions.  A lot of these 'professionals' lost an enormous amount of respect in my eyes.  It was pretty blatant that many took the easy route instead of looking at the game objectively.  After a month, the game crashed as many started to see through their gimmicks.  

That said the game isn't bad, it's actually quite good for what it is.  However the 'hype' promised something so much more.
  • VicodinTacoVicodinTaco Member UncommonPosts: 804
    I have a feeling Guild Wars 1 was released about the time you were born.
  • ZionBaneZionBane Member UncommonPosts: 328
    DarkestOverlord 

It's a very clean running game. Simply put, it's not unique, it's not new, it does not re-invent the MMO landscape, it's just a well made fun game to play. Movement is smooth, Graphics are top notch, combat is engaging, there is a lot to do, and all of it can be very fun.

I haven't played since about a Month after HoT release, I really loved that GW2 did not depend on Raids for Endgame content, and since they chose to move in that direction, I moved on to other games. 

So I don't know how it is today, but, I when I left, it was still a very fun and polished game.

YashaX
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,821
    Guild Wars 2 has its faults (and significant ones at that), but it is a game that respects its players' time - perhaps more so than any other MMO on the market. It's a free form experience that allows each player to set their own goals and dictate their own content. Every map remains relevant due to downscaling levels and upscaling rewards. All content provides viable profit. Endgame gear can be achieved over time through any form of content. Sure, endgame raids and fractals are an option for dedicated players who are looking for something more traditional, but they are not required for character progression. 

And on top of all that, a Guild Wars 2 player's experience is not stagnant, unless they choose to make it so. While dynamic events certainly didn't live up to the hype, they do add a sense of unpredictability to the beautiful and content rich world of Tyria that a lot of other MMOs just don't really have.

And the business model works perfectly into that free-form, casual-friendly design philosophy that the entire game is built on. No pointless subscription fees. No endless grinding. No increasingly pay-to-win cash shop gear. No infuriating weapon enchantment/upgrade systems. Guild Wars 2 is ideal as a game that can picked up, played at one's leisure, and put down without fear of falling behind, wasting money, wasting time, or missing content. And that is a philosophy that is worthy of commendation.  
    YashaX
    Im just bored to hell...so im trying to find a good mmorpg game and everytime i look on this outdated list and hope something with apulse comes up...but back top the drawing board again i guess...

• epoqepoq Member UncommonPosts: 394
    Guild wars 2 has bar none some of the BEST PVE content that any MMO has to offer.  it's fun and exciting, especially for a new player.  when it came out it revolutionized the leveling process by allowing you to scale down when you went back to lower level content, because it's a big world and you don't need to conquer everything to hit max level on your journey.

That being said, it's like every other game...and when PVE gets stale there's not much left worth doing in my opinion.  I find the PVP in the game to be abysmal and it lacks awesome raids like EQ/WOW have had in their franchises. 

I will say I did NOT get the xpac and play it even though I felt slightly compelled to, the game didn't have enough to really bring me back the way other games have because I knew it would just be a short lived PVE experience and then I'd probably quit again or just re-roll new characters and do PVE over and over until I can't stand it anymore.
  • RaquisRaquis Member RarePosts: 1,029
    GW2 is a good mmo its just old now and they screwed the people who bought the game at start with the DLC.
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,885
    edited April 2017
    Guildwars 2 is a good game .I think it has nice classes and  gorgeous world with a lot of content and if you find others to play with it is a very engaging and fun experience. The game deserved the hype before and when it released because it had some novel concepts that revolutionized some aspects of PvP. The PvP was so much fun and people raved over it and it had some combat mechanics like the downed thing that made PvP not just a question of simply killing a player in one shot. Great underwater combat and nice abilities from swapping weapons  that increased the scope of your gameplay.
    YashaX

• MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    Fake Hype!
  • StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,771

Why do gw 2 has the highest hype in here ?

What is new ?
    Says free to plasy but expansion cost money..so its only half free if u ask me

It it realy worth playing ?

Oh gosh.... here comes the charity speech!

The game needs to make money. I'll gladly toss my money as I feel.

I personally lost interest because of these damn META/COOKIE Cutter builds.

Can you find me a MMO game where you can play who you want what you want and not be penalized by players who want to continue to move in 6 gear?

MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    GW2 has the highest hype on this site?

Which alternative reality do you come from?
    This here is the weird Universe where Michael Jackson turned white and Donald Trump became president.
    Harbinger of Fools
  • xyzercrimexyzercrime Member RarePosts: 878

Dakeru said:

GW2 has the highest hype on this site?

Which alternative reality do you come from?
    This here is the weird Universe where Michael Jackson turned white and Donald Trump became president.

He came from the reality where Kyleran always talk about FFXI no matter what thread he's in and Torval always "LOL"ing people he disagree with.

:confused:
    ConstantineMerus

When you don't want the truth, you will make up your own truth.
    edited April 2017
    Ahem that's Wizardry. Kyleran has only been guilty of occasionally bringing up EvE. It's also Gdemami and not Torval who LoLs on almost every thread at least once.

Did I miss a joke or a deliberate obfuscation.

• xyzercrimexyzercrime Member RarePosts: 878

kitarad said:

Ahem that's Wizardry. Kyleran has only been guilty of occasionally bringing up EvE. It's also Gdemami and not Torval who LoLs on almost every thread at least once.

Thanks Capt. Obvious!, You forgot to fly away. :pleased:

When you don't want the truth, you will make up your own truth.
    I did fly but you know they were holes in my wings 
    Image result for shy emoticon

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802

kitarad said:

The joke is the alternative reality so peoples' personalities will swap too.
    Harbinger of Fools
    Ok thanks for the replies..im out of here..its turning in the wrong direction now :)

• JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353
    Guild wars 1 > Guild wars 2 :D
    eddieg50
    Now Playing: Bless / Summoners War
    Looking forward to: Crowfall / Lost Ark / Black Desert Mobile
  • ianicusianicus Member UncommonPosts: 665
    what hype?
    "Well let me just quote the late-great Colonel Sanders, who said…’I’m too drunk to taste this chicken." - Ricky Bobby
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    The thing I like about GW2 is the initial concept was based on having fun.  Not to have to spend a lot of time getting from point A to point B.  Not spending a lot of time managing an inventory that too small.  Not spending a lot of time getting to the auction house, in the auction house, checking on the auction house.  Just more time actually out fighting stuff and questing.  

Not to say I think the game is perfect.  HoT is something I don't like a lot as it's a confusing time locked maze.  Not fun,imo.  But I do enjoy the basic game and play it nearly everyday.  

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,821

JDis25 said:

Guild wars 1 > Guild wars 2 :D

To be fair, Guild Wars 1 > most things. 
    eddieg50Halandir
  • MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    Nyctelios said:
    Hype is not a metric for starters. So let's stop this nonsensical use of this lame term.
    yeah it is. GW2 was the most hyped up game on the board until a few months after release. Now the community is dead here.

Philosophy of MMO Game Design