Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DF:RoA F2p for 7 days

etlaretlar Member UncommonPosts: 855
As the title says..from today and 7 days in.
After which they shut down servers in preperation for 
Their May 5th launch. 
Just found out and logged in Today

Comments

• GrandpaDJGrandpaDJ Member UncommonPosts: 132
    I tried. When I login it takes me to the "buy stuff if you want to Beta" page.
  • prowessprowess Member UncommonPosts: 169
    I can't seem to figure out how to download the game, either...  Also the account I just created doesn't work to get into their forums?  Also I can't even buy access to the game because there's 404s getting thrown?

Looks like they're really trying to bring back Darkfall just like it was when AV had it..  Pathetic.

Wish DFO would go ahead and flop already so DFUW could come back.
  • JakobmillerJakobmiller Member RarePosts: 674
    edited April 2017
    If you have issues trying it out, you should turn to Darkfall Reddit or the forums at Rise of Agon.

But I guess if you have that kind of attitude, you don't belong in Agon anyway. Just keep your shit posting for yourself, since the team behind Rise of Agon does not deserve it. They are doing a great job and the release is going to be great. They have done many changes to the better and have a lot down the pipe.

Also have to comment about the DFUW instead of DFO. DFUW had some great things, but DFO was a much better game. Period. Everyone that played both agrees on it.
  • KrylosKrylos Member UncommonPosts: 73
    Uh, i checked the forums, the website, and a bit of the redditt.  Still dont see what you are talking about.
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    http://massivelyop.com/2017/04/21/darkfall-rise-of-agon-is-free-to-try-for-the-next-few-days/

The subscription prices are all 10% off til May 5th. So a 1 month sub is $8.99 not $9.99 til launch.
    https://www.darkfallriseofagon.com/store/
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Makes note :         * buy more popcorn for DF:RoA launch *
  • GrandpaDJGrandpaDJ Member UncommonPosts: 132
    I was eventually able to log in. They require super complex passwords but don't list the requirements and it wasn't initially clear mine was a password issue. I eventually figured it out. Then I logged in and could barely move because the dev team decided to fill up inventory with tons of stuff. Ten minute crawl to the bank before I could do anything. I haven't given up, but I have concerns... 
  • BranXBranX Member UncommonPosts: 79
    I look forward to seeing you in the best sandbox pvp ever on release day May 5th.. god bless this company and what they're doing for this game. It has so much potential and they are veterans of the game so it makes sense it's going to deliver!
  • Avenging_MartyrAvenging_Martyr Member UncommonPosts: 11
    edited April 2017

GrandpaDJ said:

I was eventually able to log in. They require super complex passwords but don't list the requirements and it wasn't initially clear mine was a password issue. I eventually figured it out. Then I logged in and could barely move because the dev team decided to fill up inventory with tons of stuff. Ten minute crawl to the bank before I could do anything. I haven't given up, but I have concerns... 

Yeah the password thing was catching people. It doesn't accept symbols or spaces. It requires 1 capital, 1 number and at least 8 characters I believe.

They thought adding that stuff onto characters would help them catch up (Can boost skill/spells and create gear with those) but the weight issue was terrible.

Turn off shadows they are terribly optimized my FPS gets a 6 X boost without them. (AV aka Former Devs were bad coders) BPG has done great things but they got alot more to work on. Luckily they've already shown they are far better coders they just need time to work.

They focused on quality of life and major issues like skillgrind and hacking in the beta. Both of which have been addressed on multiple levels.

Skill/Stat grind has been worked down alot in the RoA beta.

Frontloading skills and stats is beyond huge to prevent crazy grinding. As the graphs available within this link will show you https://www.darkfallriseofagon.com/news/patch-notes/patch-notes-august-5th-2016/

This greatly reduces the grind needed to be combat viable. Many skills/spells have reduced requirements and some by major amounts compared to the past and many passives were removed (maxed and given instantly so benefit is there but no need to grind them)

The new scrolls/manuels creation system. With the right materials you can craft scrolls for any spell and get what you want raised up if you have the materials or money/items to buy/trade it from others. The Skill Manuel system is working in game for melee/archery skills as well.

Of course friends or veterans could give/support whomever they wish with scrolls for key spells like heals, heal others, buffs ect.The current mediation system can raise skills/stats while online or offline as well.

There are faster default gains on skills and stats when compared to any past version of Darkfall.

On the prevention of hacking/cheating BPG has done alot more than just add a anti-cheat (Which is the EasyAntiCheat used in Rust, For Honor, Ghost Recon: Wildlands and Smite) First off the orignal devs had no idea about

game security. My god they left character stats/skill charts client side. So BPG has moved many things server side, restructured parts of the code to prevent easy access for those familiar with the past setup. Created a system to monitor persistence for strange changes in items or characters. To track and deal with abrupt skill/stat boosts via cheats or item duping.

All in all shows a serious commitment to preventing cheaters from having free reign like we saw in the long distant past under former management who didn't care. I am sure they will continue to address and cheats or hacking attempts with a serious attitude we expect from decent developers.

No game cost, 10$ a month and they are adding a PLEX like system so you can trade for sub time with in game resources and no spend RL money to play if you enjoy it.

There will be no advantages at launch. No skills/stats to catch up to, no gear advantage to chase. Come give it a try. Darkfall: Rise of Agon launches May 5th.

• Avenging_MartyrAvenging_Martyr Member UncommonPosts: 11

prowess said:

I can't seem to figure out how to download the game, either...  Also the account I just created doesn't work to get into their forums?  Also I can't even buy access to the game because there's 404s getting thrown?

Looks like they're really trying to bring back Darkfall just like it was when AV had it..  Pathetic.

Wish DFO would go ahead and flop already so DFUW could come back.

@prowess ; Here is a link to the store page which shows the download link in the top in the center.

https://www.darkfallriseofagon.com/store/

The website has been having some issues lately. It's a known issue and they are doing everything they can to correct it. Some think it started when they added in all the store options in on the 20th. It sucks that occurred to begin with.

I just wanted to let you know BPG (new developers) is not like AV (old developers). In fact for the last 2 years the majority of the dev crew has been volunteering time and not earning a wage so they can focus the cash they have into hiring people for tasks beyond their abilities, hardware ect. A serious effort on their part.

They spent almost a year haggling with AV to purchase a license and have worked tirelessly to bring DFO back.

They regularly surf and respond on the forums (Beats the hell out of AV who couldn't even read it due to being greeks and needed translators or others to explain concepts and ideas and we all know things are lost in translations)

They are much better coders than AV ever was. In the year of alpha/beta we have seen more changes done while learning the code than AV could do and they built the engine. They have did things AV straight out said was impossible. A second clan bank tab, front loading skills/stats, Begone/Come Hither working in all directions and so much more.

Here is a link to compiled patch notes https://www.darkfallriseofagon.com/game/development/compiled-patch-notes/

They are so much better than AV ever was in many ways. The websites been having issues but don't let that push you away from the May 5th launch. It's going to be crazy.