Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

That was a waste of 15 dollars

13»

Comments

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    I just don't understand how you've been with the same group/guild of people since UO/EQ and you don't have means of communicating without logging in game.  I have a circle of friends I made around the same time and we have each others FB and even a site and a few of us even text each other from time to time.   If I want to know what one of them is playing.  I can just easily ask.  
  • TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    edited March 2017
    I managed to get in touch with one of the members. I guess there was drama and the guild broke apart, since the leader wanted to try to get into raids. But since the guild is a small guild, they looked for others (pug) to help do raids. But I guess a lot of drama happened with the PUG group and stolen items or something, my friend didn't fully know exactly what happened, but raiding ended up destroying the guild sadly.

He went to SWTOR on harbringer server, so I'll probably follow since he was my best friend in WoW. A few went to EVE I guess for "better" PvP, a few I guess just wanted to quit or take a break from MMOs due to too much drama with raiding and he didn't know where the rest went.

So I guess raiding ended the guild lol.

(edit:

Though it wasn't only that my friend said. He and the guild leader didn't like the grind of artifacts and felt WoW got too easy in Legion with being able to solo nearly everything. Though WoD was kinda the same way, but Legion did feel kinda easier when I played it. The guild leader went to a classic vanilla WoW server, but I'm not really interested in that so I'm not following. I'll probably follow my best friend to SWTOR, I never actually played it.

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• greymanicgreymanic Member UncommonPosts: 25
    edited March 2017
    I miss the days when the game was actually worth some player drama like when I quit a guild as a warrior and everyone flips out... the GM saying I should have given them warning instead of just quitting and other members begging me to come back so they don't lose a tank.  Now it's just like duhhh.... go to raid finder and get my epic gear... duhhh crafting's pointless... duhhhh pet batte cuz bored.
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    greymanic said:
    I miss the days when the game was actually worth some player drama like when I quit a guild as a warrior and everyone flips out... the GM saying I should have given them warning instead of just quitting and other members begging me to come back so they don't lose a tank.  Now it's just like duhhh.... go to raid finder and get my epic gear... duhhh crafting's pointless... duhhhh pet batte cuz bored.
    seriously? That guildies beg a good player who has a class they need to reconsider quitting is nothing really strange, at least not in anything that is slightly challenging or more but I never heard of a GM interfering in stuff like that.
  • LivedeffloLivedefflo Member UncommonPosts: 23
    edited March 2017
    Yeah i resub'd for 15$ yesterday, got my refund today. Bleh on Blizzard, Too much work for too little reward. The classes are so boooring now too.
  • observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    @OP, What were you expecting?  The game is around 14 years old.  People are going to move on.
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    observer said:
    @OP, What were you expecting?  The game is around 14 years old.  People are going to move on.
    November 2004 to late mars 2017 is 12 1/2 years, not 14 but it is indeed rather old. I don't think Blizzard can keep their current earnings on it up for long unless they make an exceptional expansion.

I think time is getting close for a Wow 2, we all know it would earn an insane amount of money and I hope Blizz and Activision get that as well.
  • ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    Loke666 said:
    observer said:
    November 2004 to late mars 2017 is 12 1/2 years, not 14 but it is indeed rather old. I don't think Blizzard can keep their current earnings on it up for long unless they make an exceptional expansion.

I think time is getting close for a Wow 2, we all know it would earn an insane amount of money and I hope Blizz and Activision get that as well.
    After the cancellation of Titan, I don't foresee them ever making a WoW 2, or any other full-fledged mmorpg. They've already stated that they plan to continue making xpacs for WoW.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Forgrimm said:
    Loke666 said:
    observer said:

After the cancellation of Titan, I don't foresee them ever making a WoW 2, or any other full-fledged mmorpg. They've already stated that they plan to continue making xpacs for WoW.
    Someday in the not so distant future your children or grandchildren will be showing you their level 245 warriors.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

I'd personally rather have a Starcraft MMO than WoW 2. 

I'd personally rather have a Starcraft MMO than WoW 2. 
    I would try that in a heart beat.  It would also be a fresh start for a new mmo.  
    Forgrimm said:
    Loke666 said:
    observer said:

I agree with you.  But we won't know for sure till WoW starts dwindling.  At that point they might rethink their position.  Having a very steady flow of cash for 12 years might make them a bit complacent.  Then there is al ways the possibility that a different developer comes out with the next great idea.  Blizzard will do what Blizzard does best and copy and refine.  
  • observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    Loke666 said:
    observer said:

I should've mentioned i was including beta and overall production.  It's probably even longer than 14 years.

You're right though.  A WoW 2.0 is needed if they ever want to continue with MMOs.  I'm not sure we'll see it though.
  • nate1980nate1980 Member UncommonPosts: 2,063
    edited April 2017
    OP,

So it's okay for you to cancel your sub and take a break from WoW for as long as you want, but if and when your friends and others want to do the same, it's a bad thing? They're supposed to just sub right back as soon as you decide you want to give the game another go? 

Because I know how server populations fluctuate, I did my research before creating or transfering my characters. That's why I play on the most populated Alliance PvE server WoW has, Stormrage. If I wanted the most populated Horde server, I'd pick that one after some research. That way I wouldn't have the same issue as you.

While I despise the general population in WoW, I still think you're selling yourself and the community too short. You started off with no friends, met some people, joined a guild and became close friends with them. You can do it again and again. Most of us lose and make friends many times in our lives. WoW is no different.
  • VelifaxVelifax Member UncommonPosts: 413
    WoW is a single player RPG for most part, that is why you are having social issues in that game. It has been hijacked by extremely casual, entitled, anti-social players that have been complaining very loudly over the years for all these silly changes that make this game less of an MMO. Sadly, Blizzard thought that catering to this group of gamers was the smartest move financially, but as we can see they have been bleeding players since Wrath, and have had major retention issues after shortly after their expansion releases. 
    Neither anti-social nor extremely casual are justified. The CoD kiddos you mention are frequently just as hardcore and social butterfly as any of us.

It's just that they prefer to be hardcore about, well, CoD-RPG, frankly. And they prefer to show off (socially) the newest vanity (read; fashion) item rather than chew through political theory.

The rest is on point though.
    http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/462438/as-an-update-to-my-wasted-in-last-thread#latest

So, in a way, I kinda did rage quit after logging on briefly and finding out none of my friends played anymore and the two guild's I was in broke up.  I quit at the time after a short time resubbing because I was so disappointed and sad.

So I took someones advice, reinstalled and tried a new server (Sargeras). It didn't feel the same and it didn't have any of my characters (and I can't afford character transfers), so instead of being alliance on Tichondrius (which often sees "high" population, sometimes even full), I switched to Horde for the 2nd time since I've played WoW. Usually I play on Alliance, with maybe a horde alt to mess around, but never past level 10. Switching sides actually really made things better. 

While true, I still didn't have my friends I've known since WOTLK on Moon Guard...I ended up joining a new guild and its been a lot better. The members are really friendly, guild leader is great, and I really fit in with the guild really well. It isn't based on hardcore PvP or hardcore raiding, or being #1...that isn't my type of guild. Its just a small guild, where you aren't just a number but actually part of the guild. But even if it does grow large (like guilds often do), its a very friendly guild, and the leader is really friendly. A friendly guild leader is definitely what I look for in a guild, because it provides the base of how other members act (mostly anyway)

I did try SWTOR for a bit since my best friend from Moon Guard went there, but heh, I dunno if I actually like it. I find WoW legion to be a lot more fun with a lot more to do than just storyline quests. And the Legion invasions will add even more fun to that. I do like Star Wars though and its nice to play a more sci-fi based MMO, so I may end up doing SWTOR casually or something.

In any case, turns out my 15 dollars didn't go to waste after all
    pleased

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614

Volgore said:

15 dollars down the drain. Hope blizzard likes easy money lol

You could have created a char for free to check the main cities and the AH.

He had to quit a few months ago.
    And probably expected to come back into the game in the same state it was a few months ago.

Apparently, the game has gotten even more worse.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"