Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Metropolis and Kickstarter Revealed - Ashes of Creation - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited April 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageMetropolis and Kickstarter Revealed - Ashes of Creation - MMORPG.com

Ashes of Creation News - Intrepid Studios has announced that it will be taking Ashes of Creation to KickStarter beginning on May 1st. In addition, The Metropolis system has been detailed on the official site. The Metropolis is, as the blog says, "the culmination of the Node system. In essence, Metropolis takes a huge amount of resources to both develop and maintain.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Thoth_MosheThoth_Moshe Member UncommonPosts: 240
    I like the look of the city
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Interesting, but I still think I'm going stick with the "barbarian horde" ;)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    Why not I guess? It's free money.

Joined - July 2004

• AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299
    Got to be honest, both the information and features described in part 1 and 2 sound like the best mmo I've ever heard of. Appealing to casual and hardcore players of pve and pvp populations. Yet, actually making something like their node system would be a daunting task for a 100m budget AAA developer, yet alone a small indie developer. I'll have to think hard on whether or not to back this product based on the validity of it's ability to even be created.
    Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red
  • Truvidien88Truvidien88 Member UncommonPosts: 462
    Looking better and better
  • Ashes_StevenAshes_Steven Member UncommonPosts: 28

Alomar said:

Got to be honest, both the information and features described in part 1 and 2 sound like the best mmo I've ever heard of. Appealing to casual and hardcore players of pve and pvp populations. Yet, actually making something like their node system would be a daunting task for a 100m budget AAA developer, yet alone a small indie developer. I'll have to think hard on whether or not to back this product based on the validity of it's ability to even be created.

Thank you! We actually have many of our Node systems in place. It is not as daunting when you have experienced developers from large MMO projects ;)

Happy to be with you fine ladies and gentlemen on MMORPG.com, hope to participate in healthy discussions about our favorite genre.

Founder/Creative Director @ Intrepid Studios
    Building upcoming MMORPG  Ashes of Creation
    Discord

• slowz2secretslowz2secret Member RarePosts: 407
    i will back this project , looking very good!
  • TekroTekro Member UncommonPosts: 19
    I have to commend the article and info from the developers.. Extremely interested in this one.. I could see others mimicking the ideas as they are phenomenal in base and scope.. KUDOS!!!
  • GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813
    Where Civ meets MMORPG. About time, I say....
  • zedsdeadzedsdead Member UncommonPosts: 19
    Why do ppl back these games? What solid MMO has ever come out of kickstarter?

Tekro said:

I have to commend the article and info from the developers.. Extremely interested in this one.. I could see others mimicking the ideas as they are phenomenal in base and scope.. KUDOS!!!

Thank you Tekro,

We are very passionate about MMORPGs and could not be more proud of what we are doing with Ashes of Creation.

Also, I love the community aspect of MMORPGs, it is what has kept me playing them for all these years!

Happy to be with you fine ladies and gentlemen on MMORPG.com, hope to participate in healthy discussions about our favorite genre.

Discord

• YoofaloofYoofaloof Member UncommonPosts: 217
    I will back. Don't let us down!
  • LeiloniLeiloni Member RarePosts: 1,266
    edited April 2017

Alomar said:

Thank you! We actually have many of our Node systems in place. It is not as daunting when you have experienced developers from large MMO projects ;)

Having seen some of your gameplay videos already I knew you had some of the node system in place, but a lot of people who are only viewing these informational videos get the impression that it's all just "nice ideas that'll never happen". I'm sure you're preparing this sort of thing for the kickstarter, but a lot of people right now have a lot of doubts so I'd show people what you actually have instead of just what you want to do. That'll convince more players that it can actually happen (that, and perhaps going more into detail about what your devs have worked on before and their roles on those games).
    edited April 2017

Leiloni said:

Alomar said:

Having seen some of your gameplay videos already I knew you had some of the node system in place, but a lot of people who are only viewing these informational videos get the impression that it's all just "nice ideas that'll never happen". I'm sure you're preparing this sort of thing for the kickstarter, but a lot of people right now have a lot of doubts so I'd show people what you actually have instead of just what you want to do. That'll convince more players that it can actually happen (that, and perhaps going more into detail about what your devs have worked on before and their roles on those games).

Thanks for the feedback Leiloni!

As a gamer myself, having watched other MMOs be developed, I feel we are definitely showing a lot of info! There is gameplay footage available on our YouTube channel currently, and we have another scheduled to release during the first week of our Kickstarter ;)

Most importantly, as the Founder and Creative Director of the project, I am trying to be as transparent and accessible to our community as possible, as I feel that has been lacking from other companies/projects.

<3

Discord

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    edited April 2017
    Before I back this I need more details on the combat style. Action, Tab Target, mix of the two. Trinity, all classes are generic DPS, (EQ1 Style) DPS, CC, Heals, Tank? No deep answers no money.
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983

Leiloni said:

Alomar said:

As a gamer myself, having watched other MMOs be developed, I feel we are definitely showing a lot of info! There is gameplay footage available on our YouTube channel currently, and we have another scheduled to release during the first week of our Kickstarter ;)

Most importantly, as the Founder and Creative Director of the project, I am trying to be as transparent and accessible to our community as possible, as I feel that has been lacking from other companies/projects.

<3

Please be sure to include the statement that you will honor refunds in the KS document!

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

edited April 2017

Leiloni said:

Alomar said:

<3

Please be sure to include the statement that you will honor refunds in the KS document!

It will be included, and we will be honoring that

Discord

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983

It will be included, and we will be honoring that

Then that is awesome and gets 2 BIG thumbs up from me.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• AlleinAllein Member RarePosts: 2,139

zedsdead said:

I'd rather throw money away at the hope of something different than pay for another generic AAA MMO.
  • Phixion13Phixion13 Member UncommonPosts: 190
    Been loving what I have seen and heard so far. Definitely going to make a section at Gamerphix.com!
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Awesome
  • LeiloniLeiloni Member RarePosts: 1,266
    edited April 2017

Nanfoodle said:

Before I back this I need more details on the combat style. Action, Tab Target, mix of the two. Trinity, all classes are generic DPS, (EQ1 Style) DPS, CC, Heals, Tank? No deep answers no money.

Tank, Fighter, Summoner, Rogue, Ranger, Mage, Cleric, and Bard, but you choose both a primary and secondary class combination from that list of 8 so there's 64 possible combinations (I think you can choose the same class twice). Could be pretty cool!

As for combat supposedly it's a hybrid so I'm waiting to see how it turns out. I prefer non targeting action myself so I'm hoping this hybrid turns out well. I like that it's trinity based roles, but I've seen other games try to do the hybrid thing and the "targeting" part of that tends to be really terrible when games use tab targeting systems and mask it as action hybrid. 
  • zedsdeadzedsdead Member UncommonPosts: 19

Allein said:

zedsdead said:

I'd rather throw money away at the hope of something different than pay for another generic AAA MMO.

I just feel bad, I know so many people throwing all this money at these mmo kickstarters that just end up being vaporware. At least the generic AAA mmos actually release a finished mmo.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    "get in early is important" lol officially turned me off.
    I thought the nodes would change via how many people visit use that area and not some miniature village node.

WHY would i need to CHOOSE ,why wouldn't players be allowed to support ALL aspects of a node as would be realistic and expected?
    It started out nice but now looks like all KS's,just a money grab.
    Just wait until you see the cash shop,something all of these games try to avoid like the plague because it would turn everyone away.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• TalemireTalemire Member UncommonPosts: 839
    As someone who's personally looking forward to Legends of Aria since it's what a lot of fellow gamers have been wanting back into the genre, I feel that if I did actually get behind this and back if, I'd feel very safe and confident about it. They're open, honest, transparent, and experienced. I just hope the world is huge.
    Isaiah 41:10