Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cinematic Launch Trailer Sets the Stage for May 5th - Darkfall: Rise of Agon Game Trailer

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited April 2017 in Videos Discussion

imageCinematic Launch Trailer Sets the Stage for May 5th - Darkfall: Rise of Agon Game Trailer

May 5th is just around the corner and the Darkfall: Rise of Agon folks want to get fans and players pumped for the big day. To do so, a new launch trailer has been released, as well as a detailed look at changes coming to DF:RoA for the May 5th launch.

Read the full story here

Comments

• grumbagzgrumbagz Member UncommonPosts: 35
    edited April 2017
    Can't wait. Really looking forward to seeing all the new and returning players!
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

grumbagz said:

Can't wait. Really looking forward to seeing all the new and returning players!

Thanks for finding this too! I hope you read the full article to see my gratitude and to drive folks to your forum thread. :)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• freaksoldier99freaksoldier99 Member UncommonPosts: 39
    oh ya cant wait
  • KilrainKilrain Member RarePosts: 1,185

Bought the Tester pack.  There are some things that need work, like inventory management, but still looking forward to giving it a whirl.

We will most definitely be putting more time and effort into the inventory and GUI very soon. I hope you enjoy your time in Agon and thanks for playing!
  • volttvoltt Member UncommonPosts: 432
    is there a wipe before that release date?
  • KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,556
    edited April 2017

voltt said:

is there a wipe before that release date?

Yes there will be. The beta servers close on Apr. 24th, and there will be a wipe before launch on May 5th. 

• KilrainKilrain Member RarePosts: 1,185

Kilrain said:

Bought the Tester pack.  There are some things that need work, like inventory management, but still looking forward to giving it a whirl.

We will most definitely be putting more time and effort into the inventory and GUI very soon. I hope you enjoy your time in Agon and thanks for playing!

Cool.  That's good to hear.  Digging through that pile of stuff in my backpack after hunting PvE monsters is kind of a pain, lol.

Without a doubt. I'm not sure if you noticed or not but in the paperdoll there is a slot for a bag. When you place a bag in that slot then everything you loot will go in there.  I think the next plan is to place 3-4 slots in the backpack itself, or wherever makes most sense, and each one would be designated for specific items. General loot in one, skins in another, resources in another etc. This will help with farming/gathering issues. We also plan to create better overall organization within the backpack itself, like sorting and filtering.
  • LackingMMOLackingMMO Member RarePosts: 664
    I'm pretty sure at some point and time I said id never play this game again. I think I might have got hyped for one of these remakes or whatever they are being called then decided to swear it off. Now that its about to launch I'm pretty sure I'm going to be playing again.. Me and DF have such an on and off again relationship, such a pita.
  • DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610
    Are there plans to update the 2002 graphics engine?
  • AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299
    As a hardcore mmo rvr player this game reeks of potential and fun that I haven't found in another mmo in years. Yet, unfortunately I've become spoiled with modern graphics, engines, and animations to the point I couldn't even comprehend going this far backwards.
    Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red
  • drakolasdrakolas Member UncommonPosts: 45
    edited April 2017
    I'm giving it a go for the first time since I've always been curious about Darkfall (I love world PvP). It's got some issues with UI/controls not feeling quite fluid, but 2 things I'd like are just UI scaling and removal of the borders/titles on the UI components when stickied. I wish I could improve the visuals somehow as well tbh aside from just improving AA through my GPU settings.
  • mmorpgmanermmorpgmaner Member UncommonPosts: 241
    Honestly.. yes the models of certain things look outdated etc. But to be completely real, when you get in game and start playing Rise of Agon, you realize that the graphics are perfect for this type of game. Twitch, skill based combat.

I, for one, wouldn't change much about the graphics.

Don't write it off from what you see in a video. Get in game and get a feel for everything.

Rise of Agon is a gaming experience that no other game will bring you (in a good way).. &&This time around, us Vets are here to help guide new players and get thme hooked, instead of attempting to.make em rage quit.. (well, a lot of us!)
  • HyperpsycrowHyperpsycrow Member RarePosts: 911
    Why is this kind of old game engine and gfx hyped ?
    It it free to play ?

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802

Why is this kind of old game engine and gfx hyped ?

It it free to play ?

I'm starting to think you don't know the difference between hype and news coverage.
    Harbinger of Fools
  • illutianillutian Member UncommonPosts: 343
    Please...please tell me I can shoot arrows over the walls [into cities] and kill people. I miss that. XD

Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising everytime we fall.

• BeJustjeffBeJustjeff Member CommonPosts: 4
    I think people are caught up on the graphics. Look when you have battles with over 1,000 players participating if you want to have the game functional the graphics need to be capable of rendering those players. Also the graphical options are limited to prevent a competitive advantage based on hardware or graphical settings. This is a competitive FPS MMO afterall. Don't let the fantasy setting fool you.