Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ready for Return This Month with a New Publisher - ASTA: The War of Tears and Winds - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited April 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageReady for Return This Month with a New Publisher - ASTA: The War of Tears and Winds - MMORPG.com

ASTA: The War of Tears and Winds News - ASTA will be making a return sometime in the balance of this month. The game will be published by Move Games Co., Ltd. and will be part of the Steam library. You may remember that ASTA was shut down by Webzen in the fall of 2016.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    This was a pretty decent WoW clone. I wonder if being on Steam will give it more life?

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• xyzercrimexyzercrime Member RarePosts: 878

This was a pretty decent WoW clone. I wonder if being on Steam will give it more life?

It depends on how serious the new publisher/devs to polishing this game.

When you don't want the truth, you will make up your own truth.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• mikezfmikezf Member UncommonPosts: 5
    It is a fun little mmo. Not nearly as large as WoW or Everquest but well worth the time you invest and the community was friendly and helpful.
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    I meant to try this but never got around to it and I cannot even recall why....god I am ageing fast.
    Chamber of Chains
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Eh....especially with someone that I have at least not heard of. I wouldn't get my hopes up.
  • GladDogGladDog Member RarePosts: 1,097

I actually had fun playing this. I look forward to going back to it.

Me too!  I had a lot of fun playing it (my ESO guild started taking up so much of my time that I had to give up everything else including this) and look forward to trying it again now that I'm not playing ESO.

The world is going to the dogs, which is just how I planned it!

• beebop500beebop500 Member UncommonPosts: 217
    Asta was a lot of fun, very WoW-clonish but with a beautiful world and some well-done classes. Problem was, so-called "open-world" PvP destroyed any chance this thing ever had, especially since the original devs/pubs did not advertise the game as such. Once you hit 40 and were funneled into the "PvP" area, if you played for the lower-population faction, you were basically done. I watched my guild and entire friends list disappear over a very short period of time and wound up quitting because there was nobody left and the dungeon queues were 4 hours and up.

IF this new publisher can somehow allow people to flag themselves instead of forcing players into "open-world" PvP, which IMO is the weakest excuse for PvP in existence, they might have a chance. Trouble with that, as you guys know, is that the publisher generally has no authority to make game changes. I'm gonna definitely keep my eye on this, but if it's going to still be a situation where one faction completely controls the entire end-game, I won't be returning, as much as I used to like this game.
    "We are all as God made us, and many of us much worse." - Don Quixote
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    edited April 2017
    Oh it has open world PvP hmm could be why I never tried it then.

Unless the game is like BDO where PvP does not bother you I would never touch a game like this.

• GalaaGalaa Member UncommonPosts: 32
    Anyone knows if there will be new server opening for this game? I would try it out if there's new servers, but if its just the old servers then there's no point in playing it.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    There is a reason why this game was shutdown TWICE already.

Let this game rest in peace...

• kertinkertin Member UncommonPosts: 259
    I hate most of MMO's for various reasons, but this game was actually really playable, not awesome but still playable, so yeah, gonna try this out
  • ChildoftheShadowsChildoftheShadows Member EpicPosts: 2,193
    Maybe I'll actually give this a shot this time around. Why not, right?

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• redneckgamerredneckgamer Member UncommonPosts: 52
    yeah, I played a bit previously, was pretty fun at the time, I will give it another shot and try to get further into the game when it comes out again.  I really feel like if it gets enough people to give it a shot it could be really popular
  • PopplePopple Member UncommonPosts: 239

There is a reason why this game was shutdown TWICE already.

Let this game rest in peace...

I agree the companies all ready bleed this game until it went dry. If they did nothing to change anything in this game by this company. This game will not rise from the grave...

I retired retroactively..Haha

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    I'll be back playing. Was a bit miffed when it shut down as I was really enjoying myself. Great news.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• epoqepoq Member UncommonPosts: 394
    i'll try it too since it's steam, free, and i never played it before. why the hell not, not much else worth touching in this genre at the moment.
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    edited April 2017
    This game open pvp?   What level does it start?
  • GladDogGladDog Member RarePosts: 1,097
    edited April 2017

Recore said:

This game open pvp?   What level does it start?

We don't know the new rules with the new publisher, but it was 45.  Also, you could completely avoid PvP if you wanted.  I like PvP, but not constantly shoved down your throat.  When I am in the mood, GladDog turns into a MadDog!  Or, a SadDog, depending on how it goes :)  Sometimes though, BadDog fits best...

Oh noes!  They took down my video!

Wait, here it is...

The world is going to the dogs, which is just how I planned it!

• exile01exile01 Member RarePosts: 1,089
    edited April 2017
    dead by birth- i said it once and it will fail again. This mmo offers absolute nothing remotely good. Dumbest quests, p2w pvp, dumbest events ever. What u see the first 10 lvls in mobs is what u will encounter up to max lvl in different colours.
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    ROFL, a new publisher won't help this game.  Why do publishers think they can take failed games and make money on them?

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    It should come with a disclaimer that this game blows
  • PerjurePerjure Member UncommonPosts: 250
    Glad to see it back - hopefully for a longer period this go around!