Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sierra “Zynxs” Rush joins the team @ Pantheon

NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
New Staff at Pantheon, click HERE to read

Comments

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Seens she will be looking after Customer Service, community building on fan sites and Community Liaison for their VIP Program. The link above tells a little about where she has come from. So, think she was hired because Pre-Alpha starts soon? Or is she here for something else?
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    I am curious what a VIP Planner is?

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

edited April 2017

Amathe said:

VIPs are people who have pledged $1000 or more to Pantheon. They have access to things other pledgers do not. You will notice on the streams, they often say. We have a question from a VIP. 

Nanfoodle said:

Amathe said:

VIPs are people who have pledged $1000 or more to Pantheon. They have access to things other pledgers do not. You will notice on the streams, they often say. We have a question from a VIP. 

Ok, so how does one plan them? I'm being serious that this is new to me. 

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

Amathe said:

Nanfoodle said:

Amathe said:

Ok, so how does one plan them? I'm being serious that this is new to me. 

Just my guess. Planing events in game, looking after rallying them on their sub forums when beta starts. Also their feedback has more weight. So may have something to do with that. This is all guess work. Maybe @Kilsin will have answers to that sometime soon. 
  • AnthurAnthur Member UncommonPosts: 961
    As she likes playing Halfings I assume that means: Free cookies for all VIPs !
  • KilsinKilsin Member RarePosts: 515

Nanfoodle said:

Seens she will be looking after Customer Service, community building on fan sites and Community Liaison for their VIP Program. The link above tells a little about where she has come from. So, think she was hired because Pre-Alpha starts soon? Or is she here for something else?

Her title is CS and VIP Planner as I stated in the announcement my friend, she has a background in community building on fansites but currently, that is still my area ;)

Sierra is a great addition to the team and I personally look forward to working closely with her and our community!

The VIP Planner part is exactly what it sounds like, she will plan cool things for our VIPs to help make them feel "VIP", so stay tuned for more once she settles in.
    Thanks @Kilsin :) 

Kilsin said:

she will plan cool things for our VIPs to help make them feel "VIP", so stay tuned for more once she settles in.

I recommend alcohol and snacks. More the former than the latter. :) 

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

Amathe said:

Kilsin said:

she will plan cool things for our VIPs to help make them feel "VIP", so stay tuned for more once she settles in.

I recommend alcohol and snacks. More the former than the latter. :) 

Yeah, more likely to get them to pledge more cash.

;)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ThebeastttThebeasttt Member RarePosts: 1,130
    edited April 2017
    There must be a ton of VIP's to warrant it's own position. Customer service seems a year early as well. How bout some QA this time eh Sigil?.....ahem I mean VR
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I did not want to know what a VIP was because i knew it would sort of piss me off.

As well building community on fansites,is that not what a fan site already does?
    The more i hear the more it sounds like pay money up front to be recognized as a customer or fellow gamer.
    This is NOT an intelligent way to build a community by segregating those who give them free money from those  who are more intelligent with their money.
    I guess this is just another case of why crowd funding is a terrible idea for gaming because every single last player in a MMO should feel the exact equal as another person and not on some pay scale grade.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

Careful, your envy is showing.  ;)

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

There must be a ton of VIP's to warrant it's own position. Customer service seems a year early as well. How bout some QA this time eh Sigil?.....ahem I mean VR

Looking after VIPs is just part of her position. 
  • NickHotSNickHotS Member UncommonPosts: 5
    Glad to have you, Zynxs!
  • senadinsenadin Member UncommonPosts: 247

Wizardry said:

I did not want to know what a VIP was because i knew it would sort of piss me off.

As well building community on fansites,is that not what a fan site already does?
    The more i hear the more it sounds like pay money up front to be recognized as a customer or fellow gamer.
    This is NOT an intelligent way to build a community by segregating those who give them free money from those  who are more intelligent with their money.
    I guess this is just another case of why crowd funding is a terrible idea for gaming because every single last player in a MMO should feel the exact equal as another person and not on some pay scale grade.

Upon reading this part of the announcement, i went and look at the requirements for VIP. I gota say this remind me of Everquest Legend server (x10). Pay 50$ to be part of the cool elite. Yeah i was Jelly back then because 50$ US at that, was something i couldnt afford back then. Now i am looking at 1K US and tho i make over 100K CDN yearly. I find this still a bit steep.  Maybe there is one encouraging note from the announcement, and that is the "expandaing" part.

"becoming our dedicated community liaison for our VIP Program with the hope of improving and expanding both areas as needed!".

I sure hope these extra attention dont spill to in-game content tho once the game is live.

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    Lol, a year ago you wouldn't of care how much vip paid, you would of actually called them stupid for backing a game that wasn't going to come out. Now you see that the game is a reality your bitterness is showing. 

edited April 2017

Lol, a year ago you wouldn't of care how much vip paid, you would of actually called them stupid for backing a game that wasn't going to come out. Now you see that the game is a reality your bitterness is showing. 

Yeah, about that game is a reality thing.... they've only confirmed Series A funding so far, Series B stands for "Build",so miles to go before they sleep.

Be careful not to let your inner fanboy get too strong a hold on you.  ;)

Kyleran said:

Yeah, about that game is a reality thing.... they've only confirmed Series A funding so far, Series B stands for "Build",so miles to go before they sleep.

Be careful not to let your inner fanboy get too strong a hold on you.  ;)

This is incorrect. Pantheon Devs have said to put no stock on what the web sites say as to where they are. The Series of funding can mean different things to different businesses. Being a game company they have been building through all stages and that clear by the many streams.