Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Great Chair Nerf

zipitzipit Member Posts: 487

This is just too hilarious - I mean, wtf is the purpose or logic behind the decision to make players unable to sit down any longer??!!

Some of the vets have some funny explanations as to why this has happened

Click

edit: must be because it's not cool or epic/heroic/iconic/starwarsy to sit down any longer when you should be out there fps'ing til u drop.

Comments

• KehnKehn Member Posts: 180

Originally posted by GeneralMayhem

chairs , were way overpowered, and needed this nerf.  FOR GODS SAKE PEOPLE WERE SITTING EVERYWHERE!!!
    how many sitters do you want to see really ?

• auntisocialauntisocial Member Posts: 120

The chairs were overpowered and had it good for far too long, IMHO.  Just the other day Darth Velveeta got taken out by a pack of rogue chairs.  It's about time they got the same nerfbat treatment that was used on rest of us! 

/sarcasm off

• Aetius73Aetius73 Member Posts: 1,257
    The voices say that all the chairs were formenting a rebellion against the evil one Darth Smedly. Ever since he imposed his nefarious game system upon our universe us chairs have gone mostly unused as all the players left. We miss the players they were our friends. We will not stand for this any long rise up my fellow chairs and strike down the evil one and his apprentice Torres!
  • Dis_OrdurDis_Ordur Member Posts: 1,501

Thats just so fucking typical isn't it?  Can't fix a bug?  Just erase the feature! 

Seriously, this is a major indicator of who/what is running the show with SWG... 

• Aetius73Aetius73 Member Posts: 1,257

Originally posted by auntisocial

The chairs were overpowered and had it good for far too long, IMHO.  Just the other day Darth Velveeta got taken out by a pack of rogue chairs.  It's about time they got the same nerfbat treatment that was used on rest of us! 
    /sarcasm off

I believe my good friends the chairs may have mistaken you for the evil ones apprentice Torres. The chairs don't see too well so they made a dreadful mistake. You were both thin and had redish hair therefore they mistook you for Torres. They have informed me that they are deeply sorry about the mistake and wish to apologize.
  • RekrulRekrul Member Posts: 2,961
    The Titanic is sinking.

SOE is rearanging the deck chairs.

• ShaydeShayde Member Posts: 4,529

I loved how someone said that they wanted all the players standing while they pulled the rug out from under them.

Shayde - SWG (dead)
    Proud member of the Cabal.

imageimage
    It sounds great, so great in fact, I pitty those who canceled :( - Some deluded SWG fanboi who pities me.
    I don't like it when you say things. - A Vanguard fan who does too.
    09f911029d74e35bd84156c5635688c0

• kairaenekairaene Member Posts: 256
    I posted as TagenReborn in that thread.  :) 

I loved the comment about sitting will be pushed out in a later publish linked to the GCW and how entertainers would use it for musical chairs in the GCW....lol

• zipitzipit Member Posts: 487

Originally posted by Shayde

I loved how someone said that they wanted all the players standing while they pulled the rug out from under them.

That was my personal favourite as well
  • iceman00iceman00 Member Posts: 1,363

Originally posted by zipit

This is just too hilarious - I mean, wtf is the purpose or logic behind the decision to make players unable to sit down any longer??!!
         Some of the vets have some funny explanations as to why this has happened

Click

edit: must be because it's not cool or epic/heroic/iconic/starwarsy to sit down any longer when you should be out there fps'ing til u drop.

Pfft damn surfcontrol at work prevents me from viewing it.  Though the pulling out from under the rug was hillarious.

However I think it was the big criticism that there were gigantic bugs in the game, and they were trying to fix sitting in chairs properly.  This was suppose dto show a lack of paying attention to the big picture, that both needed to be fixed.  We can now no longer complain, as rather than fixing sitting, they have removed it fromthe game completely.

• njdevi66njdevi66 Member UncommonPosts: 216
    Thas funny and yet as lame as anything. I thought they were gonna start fixing all them bugs, why are they worried about chairs?

• BissrokBissrok Member Posts: 1,002

God, if they start deleting everything that's bugged (guess where this sentence is going...) what the fuck are people going to do? You wouldn't even be able to get in the game.

Anyway, it sort of fits with the NGE. The characters were always standing in the memorable parts of SW (unless you count the times where they sit down). Chairs just aren't iconic. People don't want to play as the sitter. They want to be the guy standing up, ready to fight the Empire at a moments notice.

EDIT: I like this one from the other forum:

"They knew that we'd rather just not sit anymore after taking it up the arse for so long."

• caine6621caine6621 Member UncommonPosts: 210
    Was the only one that thought the chair thing was a great idea?  It seemed awesome that people would walk into a room and sit down.  I always thought it added to the game for some stupid reason.

There are only 10 types of people in this world, those that understand binary and those that don't

• zipitzipit Member Posts: 487

Originally posted by caine6621
    Was the only one that thought the chair thing was a great idea?  It seemed awesome that people would walk into a room and sit down.  I always thought it added to the game for some stupid reason.

No stupid reasons at all. I sat down all the time, heh. Besides, imagine the guild meetings now ( not that guilds exist anymore ) , all the players run around in the hall instead of SITTING down and discuss guild matters, ROFL!
  • auntisocialauntisocial Member Posts: 120

I can't make my epic gut-wrenching masterpiece video until they fix it!  (Unfortunately, I didn't get any good sitting video footage before they nerfed the chairs.)

• duncan_922duncan_922 Member Posts: 1,670

Simple...  They are obviously so imcompetent that they can't fix the sliding-out bug that has been on the game since the beggining.  So they just get rid of that ability alltogether.  It's the same approach they've always had with the game.  Instead of fixing, they nerf! 

Kinda makes me wonder how the people that still play have hope for this game when they see things like this.  How can you expect them to fix Smugglers?  Or traders?  Or Entertainers?  Wasn't it this weekend that they were promising to concentrate on bug-fixing?  Are these the type of fixes the players can expect?

SOE knows what you like... You don't!
    And don't forget... I am forcing you to read this!

• zoey121zoey121 Member Posts: 926
    duncan,  that is just it they do not realize it was all the little things that added so much to the game that is just not  in nge. Imgine if they decide to fix it by not allowing sitting on the furniture and taking next step of
       since we cannot fix this bug currently all chairs and sofas will be removed from game, since it does not fit into nge in a  meaninful way.....

• duncan_922duncan_922 Member Posts: 1,670

Originally posted by zoey121
    duncan,  that is just it they do not realize it was all the little things that added so much to the game that is just not  in nge. Imgine if they decide to fix it by not allowing sitting on the furniture and taking next step of
       since we cannot fix this bug currently all chairs and sofas will be removed from game, since it does not fit into nge in a  meaninful way.....

I agree...   But it goes much further.   Those notes and reports from the summit have been plastered on every board and every SWG related site as SWG's saving grace.  Meanwhile the vets see them for what they are, more promises that are never meant to be kept.

The thing that amazes me though is that, all the fanbois and apoligist for SWG sing high and low that the devs have promised "No more expansions, we're fixing this game!"  Yet a few hours later they pull this crap.  It's not a big deal, because it's just sitting...  But is this the kind of fix we can expect???  Anything that's too tough to fix, we'll just remove!

This is the kind of F#$*ed up thinking that brought this whole mess to SWG!

SOE knows what you like... You don't!
    And don't forget... I am forcing you to read this!

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    HAha i can sit down in chairs in oblivion just fine . And i'd like to say decorating your house is quite a bit easier as well . 

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• ScarisScaris Member UncommonPosts: 5,332

Chairs are NOT star warsy nor iconic!

And they most certainly go against the new "fast paced" game play!

- Scaris

"What happened to you, Star Wars Galaxies? You used to look like Leia. Not quite gold bikini Leia (more like bad-British-accent-and-cinnamon-bun-hair Leia), but still Leia nonetheless. Now you look like Chewbacca." - Computer Gaming World

• almagillalmagill Member Posts: 279

Odd... I'm sure I replied to this thread...

and it was damn funny too ;)

So, you all sat in camps and that was fun?

• qotsaqotsa Member UncommonPosts: 835
    Correct me if I'm wrong...But I swear I saw Luke sitting in a chair in ANH. Don't forget about Vader's state of the art, too big for the living room chair. Also Palpy's throne, while technically not a chair, it still is.

The message was brought to you by...Lack of sleep and the number 9

To be serious...SWG has never felt Star Warsy or Iconic to me. Ok, maybe a little bit at release, when I had a shoot out  with a Rodian, outside of the Mos Eisley cantina or when people gathered at the old Tusken camp to kill Sand people or the fights in Bestine in the early days between rebels and imperials. The sad thing about this game is it takes some special people to mess up a game with the SW universe to draw from. So much lore there.

What always made me mad about this game is they've always felt the need to totally change gameplay. I can understand occasional tweaks and stuff, but SOE always seem bent on letting you play the game for a few months and if people had fun, they'd wipe it away. This game resembles nothing I paid for when I pre-ordered the damn thing.

By the way, do people still fly off the chairs and across the room?

• kefkahkefkah Member UncommonPosts: 832

Yet another thing we exiles can brag about.

"Back in our day, we could sit."

Its the little things that you tend to appreciate. Is there anything left that NGE hasn't destroyed? Seriously, it may seem like a little thing but it does take away from the immersion all the more. It now more of a video game than ever. There certainly is no justification for such a step backward via the means of a blanket misdirected "fix". 

• RekkaraRekkara Member Posts: 62
    not Starwrasy or Iconic
  • WordaenWordaen Member Posts: 203

We are sorry for the inconvenience but sitting in chairs was deemed to be enjoyable by the Dev team and has been removed. We actually cannot allow anything that can be construed as fun into the game so we have removed this while we set up a few polls and focus groups to decide whether this is really an exploit or not. Anyone found figuring out how to sit down now will be banned for not being constructive to the gameplay experience and enjoying something we do not control.

Thank you for your time and May The Force Be With You!!!