Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star wars galaxies old new and swtor

hatefulpeacehatefulpeace Member UncommonPosts: 621
edited April 2017 in The Pub at MMORPG.COM
I have played all of those from when it came out till now. I had not played the newer version of swg in a long time, but found a place to play recently. About  months ago I played on the old swg server. Btw old is pre cu and new is the combat level version. I also just paid a sub to Swtor.

I use to think pre cu was the best, but I think I had rose colored glasses on lol. Since I started the new swg again, and got to compare them side by side, vs the years inbetween the live versions.  I think new swg is the better of the 3. 

Esp since swtor main feature I played for doesn't even work any more due to lack of players, which is the low lvl pvp matches. The wait time on even hawk for me was huge. I played around 8 hours total, I got 2 pvp games. So that killed it for me.

Shame ea and Lucas didn't just take the new swg and give it better graphics, animations, and voice, because he new swg is way better. It has 10 times better crafting, space flight and combat, gear, classes, expertise points, housing, cities, environment, mounts, and did I say crafting lol. The only thing swtor does better is graphics animations and vocie.

Swg old doesn't do anything better. It has worse everything, questing, horrid combat, clunky ui,  worse animations due to combat, and really really bad balance between characters.

Well glad I can still play new age, because swtor with its gambling boxes, horrid space content, horrid crafting , and now no pvp due to lack of players is just garbage to me. Swg old was not a improvement over the new version, they did a really good job updating swg at the end

Comments

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,885
    You mean the new SWG is the one after the combat update ? I thought that was what killed the original SWG.

• TyranusPrimeTyranusPrime Member UncommonPosts: 306
    This poster is obviously a time-traveller, since he says he just played SWG a few months ago..

..because we're gamers, damn it!! - William Massachusetts (Log Horizon)

• hatefulpeacehatefulpeace Member UncommonPosts: 621
    edited April 2017

kitarad said:

You mean the new SWG is the one after the combat update ? I thought that was what killed the original SWG.

I think that is just fake news lol. Yeah I mean the one after the combat update, as I play it now it is way better than the original. The only people who must of screamed the loudest, and spread the most rumors of it being bad, were the people who spend up to a year becoming Jedi. To have it so every one could be Jedis, and just got a Elder robe for all that work. Everything else though is way better, try it your self. Guarantee any one who hasn't played either would find the newer version of SWG 10 times better. Unless you really like the old way, of spending a year plus to be a Jedi, that can have perm death. 

I guess it is kinda like those people who say old UO was good when it first came out, when it was a big pile of garbage, and if they didn't change UO to what it is now, it would be a totally dead game. Unless you think it was fun, to have people who have more time than you, run around and do nothing but kill you and take all your stuff, then make fun of you while you try to get resurrected, and call that fun. 

This poster is obviously a time-traveller, since he says he just played SWG a few months ago..

No, you can play both with out being a time traveler lol. Mind you they aren't carbon copies of the originals how they were, but they are close enough as they stand today, to make a good determination of how they use to be back when they were out. 
  • TyranusPrimeTyranusPrime Member UncommonPosts: 306

No, you can play both with out being a time traveler lol. Mind you they aren't carbon copies of the originals how they were, but they are close enough as they stand today, to make a good determination of how they use to be back when they were out. 

Figured you meant emulator servers.. but "time travel" was funnier.. ;)

..because we're gamers, damn it!! - William Massachusetts (Log Horizon)

Here is one thing I forgot that I just remembered,  Old SWG has no way to search the bazaar, the new one has a text search. 
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    edited April 2017

kitarad said:

yes it was, it copied ideas from WoW and killed everything original they had in SWG, and whoever thinks different, doesn't need to argue on this one - seriously.

the whole system (and everything that made the org great) was totaly fucked.

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• cameltosiscameltosis Member LegendaryPosts: 3,703

kitarad said:

I think that is just fake news lol. Yeah I mean the one after the combat update, as I play it now it is way better than the original. The only people who must of screamed the loudest, and spread the most rumors of it being bad, were the people who spend up to a year becoming Jedi. To have it so every one could be Jedis, and just got a Elder robe for all that work. Everything else though is way better, try it your self. Guarantee any one who hasn't played either would find the newer version of SWG 10 times better. Unless you really like the old way, of spending a year plus to be a Jedi, that can have perm death. 

I guess it is kinda like those people who say old UO was good when it first came out, when it was a big pile of garbage, and if they didn't change UO to what it is now, it would be a totally dead game. Unless you think it was fun, to have people who have more time than you, run around and do nothing but kill you and take all your stuff, then make fun of you while you try to get resurrected, and call that fun. 

I played SWG pre-cu, but quit before the combat upgrade and new game experience (I went to uni and game was blocked in halls). I did return twice after the NGE to see what it was like, but didn't like it. I also played SW:TOR from launch until first expansion. 

So, I've played all 3, but only pre-cu and sw:tor for any length of time. 

SWG pre-cu remains my favourite. SWG was never about balance, or quests, or even about becoming a jedi. It was a virtual world (galaxy?) in which to live, and the developers tried to give us as many tools as possible for us to live in a way that fits with our personality. 

So, if you are the sort of person primarily interested in combat, or pvp, then yeh, the ridiculous balance issues were a real problem. Anything outside of combat or healing professions pretty much meant you gimped yourself, and that sucked. My first template, for example, was master pikeman, master tka and some scout / ranger stuff thrown in. It was a very pleasurable build for general quest grinding and some of the easier endgame pve, but pretty crap in pvp and high-end pve due to lack of healing and lack of capped defensive stats. 

But, even though some professions or templates were gimped for combat, they still added a lot of value to the community. My scout and ranger abilities were really helpful in leveling groups for example. It'd be common to head out with a raid of 20 to grind quests for a few hours, during which I'd regularly setup tents and stuff to help regen. Inevitably someone would have entertainer as a profession, so they'd start dancing or playing music. Roughly every 30 minutes, we'd take 5 minutes out to just chill in my camp and recover our wounds. This results in a very social situation and I made loads of friends doing it. 

When the CU and NGE hit, all those gimped professions got removed. This very much streamlined the rest of the game, so sure, questing and combat were better, but the flipside is all those great community-focused or quirky professions got removed. It made the game much more bland and the community wasn't as fun. 

So, I guess it really depends what you want from your game. You can go the streamlined route of the NGE and SW:TOR if you want to. It creates a tighter experience at the expense of game depth and community. Games like SW:TOR which are very narrow in scope are great fun for a short amount of time, but quickly get boring due to lack of options. They rely heavily on player churn to keep going. 

Games like SWG (pre-cu) have great breadth, so tend to build a better, more diverse community and thus have greater retention. However, they can be overwhelming to new players and each individual feature might not be fully thought out, so it is a struggle to initially get and hold onto new players, but once you've got them, they tend to stay longer. 
  • ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969
    I prefer the NGE over the older version of SWG. The older versions were nothing but grindfests. SOE should have taken elements of CU/Pre-CU and implemented them in the initial launch of the NGE and it wouldn't have been such a harsh blow to the players. If they would have kept crafting the way it was, put beast master in sooner and added more space content, people would have been a little more receptive to the NGE. The skeleton dev crew towards the end actually made SWG my all time favorite MMO and I truly miss what I had accomplished.
    edited April 2017

Thane said:

kitarad said:

yes it was, it copied ideas from WoW and killed everything original they had in SWG, and whoever thinks different, doesn't need to argue on this one - seriously.

Yep cause, clunky UI, bad combat, no quest system, no balance, perm death Jedis, is what made SWG great. They didnt copy anything from wow, there you go spreading that fake news. They kept everything that made SWG, which was the story, good crafting, space combat, city building, and the rest. 

I suppose your one of those people who think pain induced searching the bazaar, for hours and hours because there was no search, was one of the things that made SWG great. 
    edited April 2017

kitarad said:

I played SWG pre-cu, but quit before the combat upgrade and new game experience (I went to uni and game was blocked in halls). I did return twice after the NGE to see what it was like, but didn't like it. I also played SW:TOR from launch until first expansion. 

So, I've played all 3, but only pre-cu and sw:tor for any length of time. 

SWG pre-cu remains my favourite. SWG was never about balance, or quests, or even about becoming a jedi. It was a virtual world (galaxy?) in which to live, and the developers tried to give us as many tools as possible for us to live in a way that fits with our personality. 

So, if you are the sort of person primarily interested in combat, or pvp, then yeh, the ridiculous balance issues were a real problem. Anything outside of combat or healing professions pretty much meant you gimped yourself, and that sucked. My first template, for example, was master pikeman, master tka and some scout / ranger stuff thrown in. It was a very pleasurable build for general quest grinding and some of the easier endgame pve, but pretty crap in pvp and high-end pve due to lack of healing and lack of capped defensive stats. 

But, even though some professions or templates were gimped for combat, they still added a lot of value to the community. My scout and ranger abilities were really helpful in leveling groups for example. It'd be common to head out with a raid of 20 to grind quests for a few hours, during which I'd regularly setup tents and stuff to help regen. Inevitably someone would have entertainer as a profession, so they'd start dancing or playing music. Roughly every 30 minutes, we'd take 5 minutes out to just chill in my camp and recover our wounds. This results in a very social situation and I made loads of friends doing it. 

When the CU and NGE hit, all those gimped professions got removed. This very much streamlined the rest of the game, so sure, questing and combat were better, but the flipside is all those great community-focused or quirky professions got removed. It made the game much more bland and the community wasn't as fun. 

So, I guess it really depends what you want from your game. You can go the streamlined route of the NGE and SW:TOR if you want to. It creates a tighter experience at the expense of game depth and community. Games like SW:TOR which are very narrow in scope are great fun for a short amount of time, but quickly get boring due to lack of options. They rely heavily on player churn to keep going. 

Games like SWG (pre-cu) have great breadth, so tend to build a better, more diverse community and thus have greater retention. However, they can be overwhelming to new players and each individual feature might not be fully thought out, so it is a struggle to initially get and hold onto new players, but once you've got them, they tend to stay longer. 

It didn't remove anything from the community, but grumpy people who thought spending a year getting Jedi was a good idea. Having bad build character does not improve the community. You could still gimp your character if you wanted to, by picking bad expertise. The level 90 system, with the expertise, is way way way way way better than, go hit lizards for 400 hours, to get experience. They even left that in if you really like hitting random npcs over and over, instead of questing to level, but forcing people to level that way is not how you make a good game. 

There was 1 way to level in old SWG, you got in a group, which was mostly bots. Got buffed, and ran the same mission over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over. Adding in more ways to level besides that one way was not a bad thing. I think people just get stuck on something, and if it changes they get butt hurt. 

As I said there is nothing good about old SWG. Out of the 2 of your who said it was good, the first guy just said that every one who thinks new SWG is better is stupid, and you said gimped characters makes a good community. 

You also said that the new SWG some how doesnt have a galaxay which to live in. Which makes 0 sense, because all they did was add a bunch more stuff, and still left in all the old things, so to say a game which was pre cu, had a world to live in, because there was literally nothing to do makes the game better, I dono how you get that. Maybe you get it because, since there was literally no content in old Swg, every one was forced to come up with some entertainment, and when people are given more fun content they dont sit there and come up with stuff. That would be like the old farts, who as kids use to run out into the woods, and kick cans around had the better life, because they were so bored,  had nothing to do they had to go do that. Vs today, where we have TV, ATVS, Computers, PS4, XBOX, Phones, ect ect. No one removed going out to the woods and playing games, its just funnier to do the other things. 

Adding in the community in the emulators the old vs the new, I dont really see a difference. People in both still have fun in the cantina, cites have lots of community based fun, ect ect. I see a lot less boting in the new SWG, vs the old one. Like 70 percent of the people i ran into on the old SWG emu were bots. 
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

Thane said:

kitarad said:

Yep cause, clunky UI, bad combat, no quest system, no balance, perm death Jedis, is what made SWG great. They didnt copy anything from wow, there you go spreading that fake news. They kept everything that made SWG, which was the story, good crafting, space combat, city building, and the rest. 

I suppose your one of those people who think pain induced searching the bazaar, for hours and hours because there was no search, was one of the things that made SWG great. 

Unfortunately having a search function in the bazaar wasn't enough to save the game from having a bad combat system (benny hill jokes about the combat were well deserved) a nerfed crafting system, the NGE utterly gutted the crafting in SWG, and was the primary reason why the crafting community abandoned the game, never mind that a considerable number of the classes from the game were removed entirely, and the few that were left were mere shadows of what they used to be, while some of those professions that were removed were actually among the most interesting and fun to play, the reasons why the vast majority of SWG's playerbase abandoned the game, was because the NGE was such an abomination, its so well documented at this point, its not even worth arguing over, the NGE killed SWG, i cannot imagine for the life of me, why anyone would even bother trying to run an emulator using that version. O.o
  • IncomparableIncomparable Member UncommonPosts: 1,138
    I would say battlefront is a proper SW game, and I like their art style and graphics.

We need more SW games to come with that level of detail.

And it will have the pvp, the action twitch based space combat, no dlcs, single player story (coop?)

It would be nice if they took something like battlefront and made it into an MMO with crafting, customization, character creation, crafting, open world exploration, day/night cycles and may be even change the combat to fit a themepark MMO more, but still something that looks like battlefront would be an improvement

“Write bad things that are done to you in sand, but write the good things that happen to you on a piece of marble”

edited April 2017

Phry said:

Thane said:

kitarad said:

Unfortunately having a search function in the bazaar wasn't enough to save the game from having a bad combat system (benny hill jokes about the combat were well deserved) a nerfed crafting system, the NGE utterly gutted the crafting in SWG, and was the primary reason why the crafting community abandoned the game, never mind that a considerable number of the classes from the game were removed entirely, and the few that were left were mere shadows of what they used to be, while some of those professions that were removed were actually among the most interesting and fun to play, the reasons why the vast majority of SWG's playerbase abandoned the game, was because the NGE was such an abomination, its so well documented at this point, its not even worth arguing over, the NGE killed SWG, i cannot imagine for the life of me, why anyone would even bother trying to run an emulator using that version. O.o

Well the New age one is way more popular than the old one, so that ends that. The combat system is way better in the new one, the old one was terrible. If your saying the new combat system is bad, than your saying SWTOR is bad, everquest, everquest 2, WOW, Star trek online, Never winter, Baulders gate, baulders gate 2, and like 90 mores games with the same combat. As for your fake news about the vast majority of swg leaving, its just not true. The new SWG brought in more players than it lost. I dont recall anything saying, we are closing SWG because nge ruined it....... There were more people on SWG consistantly than SWTOR has now. When i logged onto swtor, there were like 10 people on republic, and 20 on imperial, starter planets had like 15 players, assuming they were even there. No one was talking so it is hard to tell. I rarely ran into any one.

So that ends that for me, the people who say the old swg was great, have rose colored glasses on, or never played either. It is right up there with the conspiracy that the moon is hallow and aliens live in it, thats why we dont go back to the moon. 

I would say battlefront is a proper SW game, and I like their art style and graphics.

We need more SW games to come with that level of detail.

And it will have the pvp, the action twitch based space combat, no dlcs, single player story (coop?)

It would be nice if they took something like battlefront and made it into an MMO with crafting, customization, character creation, crafting, open world exploration, day/night cycles and may be even change the combat to fit a themepark MMO more, but still something that looks like battlefront would be an improvement

Never played that one, minus the 10 min vr thing which was fun. 
  • VengeSunsoarVengeSunsoar Member EpicPosts: 6,601
    Swtor is probably one of the most populated MMORPG hands right now. I would say guess over 500k population. If any of the swg emulated servers are even 5% of that I would be very surprised.
    Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it is bad.
    edited April 2017

Swtor is probably one of the most populated MMORPG hands right now. I would say guess over 500k population. If any of the swg emulated servers are even 5% of that I would be very surprised.

Guess you dont play SWTOR. There are far from 500k people on it. Back when I use to play it a couple of years ago maybe. There were prolly like total on ebon hawk like 500 people. You cant get into pvp, unless you  play at 8pm to 12 pm, and even than it takes awhile like 20 -40 mins. Back a year ago when i played the que times  were like 10 mins, so I dono where your getting 500k. If there was 500k people on, there would be no where to stand because the 3 servers would be full to the max.  As far as the most populated game, eve online has more players. Just in the noobie corp chat there were like 800 people last time I played, which was a couple of months ago. 

I will give you SWTOR is more populated than SWG. No where near 500k, people play that game though, considering ebon hawk is one of the more populated servers, and it is a ghost town almost every where, no pvp, there are a few ship pvps here and there, que on that was like 2 hours, but I find the ship pvp in that horrid. 

If there was a competing company that launched SWG with the new age, and added in voice overs, and better graphics, SWTOR would shut down in a few years due to lack of players, is my guess. Maybe not though, not every one likes a more realistic world with day night cycles, random resources, player made cities, open world space combat with customized multi player single ships, war zones on planets, player ran economy, hon solo tutorial, darth vader chasing you, ect ect.

The static non changing world of SWTOR, and its single player quests may just be the better game I guess. We will never know either way, because no one is gonna re release SWG.  Not to mention SWTOR pop is not consistent at all, it is basically populated for a little bit when new stuff comes out, then every one leaves. 
  • HashbrickHashbrick Member RarePosts: 1,851
    edited April 2017
    Look man you are opening up a beehive for a lot of us who loved what made the pre-cu SWG so great.  As many said, its not about quests, its not about the combat, its not about any hand holding features that came with the NGE.  It is 100% about how the entire game was a sandbox with zero direction.  It was ahead of its time and that is why it failed so brilliantly.  

The entire game was ran by the community of the server, things happened because of the players not because the devs scripted it to happen.  You had masterful traders and crafts that you knew by name cause they were the best in the business.  They knew where to buy or collect the best materials to make the most optimized weapons.  You had people you knew in the cantina that would do nothing but serve customers and those customers were players to get buffed.  You had to actually learn skills from other players.  You had player cities that soon became known landmarks on the server, people knew what it was and who resided there.  You had raids and peace treaties depending on actual people actions in the community.  AGAIN IT WAS A COMMUNITY!  When CU came out that community still survived a bit, but when NGE hit that COMMUNITY DIED.  Massively huge player cities turned to ghost towns.  Traders were no longer known by name just how quickly you could get it.  Crafting became irrelevant.

The combat was shit, the interfaces were shit, the entire engine rendered like shit, BUT NONE OF THAT MATTERED!  COMMUNITY was and is the only redeeming factor of pre-cu.  If you think for a second the only people that whined that their game, their community was driven in the ground by stupid executive decisions, were the Jedi's that spent a lot of time gaining the gift of the Jedi from holocrons you are 100% wrong.

~ Signed - A memory in the past
    [[ DEAD ]] - Funny - I deleted my account on the site using the cancel account button.  Forum user is separate and still exists with no way of deleting it. Delete it admins. Do it, this ends now.
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    edited April 2017

Phry said:

ABout crafting in some regards yes it was gutted (food and the like mostly), yet in others it was expanded by quite a bit. Lots of new weapons , more than one type of viable armor ( greatly expanded over the 80% comp days). Biopets, Droid crafting/functionality, JTL crafters still thrived. Haskbrick had the right of it, what the NGE did was kill the community. 

Near the end it was a better MMO than most available then and now. 

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• VengeSunsoarVengeSunsoar Member EpicPosts: 6,601
    edited April 2017
    I do play swtor and there hasn't been a significant change in population since it went f2p. Last played just yesterday. On korriban alone I saw several dozen people just around me and there were two versions of the planet running.

Low level PvP is dead and has been for awhile. There is a significant push to get people to higher levels. Every chapter release they give 250% XP boys to get me players higher so no one does low level PvP.
    Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it is bad.
    edited April 2017

Hashbrick said:

Look man you are opening up a beehive for a lot of us who loved what made the pre-cu SWG so great.  As many said, its not about quests, its not about the combat, its not about any hand holding features that came with the NGE.  It is 100% about how the entire game was a sandbox with zero direction.  It was ahead of its time and that is why it failed so brilliantly.  

The entire game was ran by the community of the server, things happened because of the players not because the devs scripted it to happen.  You had masterful traders and crafts that you knew by name cause they were the best in the business.  They knew where to buy or collect the best materials to make the most optimized weapons.  You had people you knew in the cantina that would do nothing but serve customers and those customers were players to get buffed.  You had to actually learn skills from other players.  You had player cities that soon became known landmarks on the server, people knew what it was and who resided there.  You had raids and peace treaties depending on actual people actions in the community.  AGAIN IT WAS A COMMUNITY!  When CU came out that community still survived a bit, but when NGE hit that COMMUNITY DIED.  Massively huge player cities turned to ghost towns.  Traders were no longer known by name just how quickly you could get it.  Crafting became irrelevant.

The combat was shit, the interfaces were shit, the entire engine rendered like shit, BUT NONE OF THAT MATTERED!  COMMUNITY was and is the only redeeming factor of pre-cu.  If you think for a second the only people that whined that their game, their community was driven in the ground by stupid executive decisions, were the Jedi's that spent a lot of time gaining the gift of the Jedi from holocrons you are 100% wrong.

Even after the new age came out you could play it any way you wanted.  There were no things in place that forced you to do quests. What is with you wanting a game with nothing in it? Just because they added quests and a tutorial that could be ignored that made the game bad? It still is a sandbox in the new age version of the server, I dont know how you could claim that it is not. It was not ahead of its time, it was the same as all the other mmos at the time, like uo and eq. Forced grouping, limited content because they were new, a bunch of bugs.... As far as the crafting goes, they didn't change that in the new age, I dont get why you say that. Stuff was all still player made, there were some quested stuff, but the majority of stuff was still made, the resources were still randomly generated, the crafting was still unique. 

I am starting to think you didn't play. You 100 percent didn't have to learn skills from other players, you learned skills from npcs. The only reason people got skills from other players is because they were free from them. As for the player cities they never left when the new age came out....... Raids never left when the new age came out..... THe community 100 percent didn't die, there where plenty of people that played it, and did the same things they did before, maybe all the butt hurt Jedi left. 

The combat in the new age is 10 times better, the animations dont skip over them selves, the worthless que system was gone, it was 10 time less clunky. 

Yeah I am sure more people got butt hurt and baby whined the game changed, but that happens with everything. I hear people whine about how they think wow was better when it first came out, how eq was best when it first came out, how uo was best when it first came out, how ford cars were the best when they first came out, how 60s music is the best and new music is garbage.

Its called make believe nostalgia. Swg hands down was a better game at the end than when it started. More new player friendly, same crafting system for the most part, better classes, easier to use interface, better trading system, city system was still there, space combat was better, random asteroid resources you had to get in space, more fluid animations, better combat system, better story, better tutorial, better everything, minus the Jedi, and on and on. If you take away that fake memory you have of a game being good when it wasn't we wouldnt be having this conversation.  

Just like SWTOR, with even more hand holding, 0 freedom from quests, so simple a game, you can slap your face on the keyboard and win, less defined classes, no beast handling, no crafting at all, no player economy, gambling boxes, 0 sandbox features, linear everything from pvp to space ships, is a 100 times more popular game than swg ever was.

So yeah, a tiny minority thinks a game, that has no content, a bunch of bugs, forced grouping, no balance classes, a perm death Jedi thing, pvp that was so unbalanced a Jedi could take on 100 people, was the better game...... It is also why Ryzom, which basically has that crafting system you keep glorifying, a 10 times better combat system, a 10 times better world, make your own skills, random resources, ect ect, has like 100 people that play it.

All i can say is your wrong lol. Because if you were right, ryzom would have wow population, and wow would have like 100 people. SWG when it first came out had no competition to speak of, if they keep the game the same, yeah it would of retained the original 5000 people who thought the bug fest, forced grouping, no content game was good, but they wouldn't of got all the new players they did.  

What game are you playing now? Bet it is not Ryzom or SWG emu, classic uo, or project 1999, cause all those put together have like 4000 people. 

Your right though your obviously butt hurt about the whole thing, and no matter what i put your gonna feel the same way, so what ever, im gonna go play new age SWG and have some fun. You enjoy your make believe memories, while you dont even really like that kind of game, more than likely playing WOW as you were writing that to me haha. 

Because if this was true. I'm a simple man spoiled from MMOs of the old age.  Looking for a home but deserted.  My heart and time is not worthy for the MMOs of the new age.
    Read more at http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/463525/star-wars-galaxies-old-new-and-swtor#zKRlcdrx3JVuTmoV.99

There are plenty of old mmos to play. Project 1999, Dark age of Camelot, Ryzom, Istria, Classic Uo, Dark fall, SWG emu which is to the t like old SWG use to be, and I am sure there are plenty more. 
  • ThourneThourne Member RarePosts: 757

Hashbrick said:

I'll just quote @Hashbrick because I over 90% agree with him.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    I enjoyed SWG when it launched and played off and on until it ended.  The last incarnation of the game wasn't that bad.  The staff had lots of holiday and special events, playing cards, collections, they were doing a lot.  If the IP hadn't been sold it probably would still be going.

SWTOR for me pretty much ended when the class stories were done.  Really enjoyed up to that point.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• eddieg50eddieg50 Member UncommonPosts: 1,809
    edited April 2017
    I played SWG when it came out and played the SWG Em, it is still the same SWG without JTL which is a huge loss, yup it is still like a giant chatroom with massive amounts of lag, good crafting but nothing else worth investing your time into, the nge (which there is also an emulator ) added better combat but the game is still clunky and dated 

Thourne said:

Hashbrick said:

I'll just quote @Hashbrick because I over 90% agree with him.

Your like one of those people, who say in eq, eq was better when they use to force you to ride that glitch boat that took over a hour some times longer, even longer if you fell off, was a good idea.........