Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Shroud of the Avatar strikes again!!

1235»

Comments

• LeFantomeLeFantome Member RarePosts: 692
    Rawyn said:
    black777 said:
    Rawyn said:
    so beyond the selling a horse model statue, games like these are ran on very shaky business foundations and we've yet to see one of them succeed, i guarantee you most will not be functioning in 5 years
    So they threw some cheap unity assets together to get a million funding, which by the way Richard admits wasn't enough to finish the game, just enough to get them out of their "pickle" he calls it. Psst, they continue to do this, still duct taping cheap assets together and doing a piss poor job at it. 4 years now and It still looks like a crappy demo you'd put together to try and get kick-started with. These guys are failed app devs and washed up PS1 programmer that are milking nostalgia of Ultimas and UO players. 

Not only they failed but the famous Spears is just a stubborn dev who doesn't listen anyone else than himself.  He thinks he's good but in fact that guy is far from it.  Being closed to the community like he is, is a huge mistake . So, with someone like this in your team, you can only failed . Plus if you don't agree with him on steam, he'll ban you right away.
    I'm not sure where Spears ego comes from, he's never worked on one successful game....not one. Dude seriously has no talent for making games especially the combat parts, and needs to go back to teaching college students that he can BS. I agree he shouldn't be around any forum interacting where potential customers can see his childishness. He and Starr should have been let go years ago, maybe the project could have been saved.

Starr? what is wrong with him?
    I don't know much about him.

• RawynRawyn Member UncommonPosts: 202

black777 said:

Rawyn said:

black777 said:

Rawyn said:

so beyond the selling a horse model statue, games like these are ran on very shaky business foundations and we've yet to see one of them succeed, i guarantee you most will not be functioning in 5 years

So they threw some cheap unity assets together to get a million funding, which by the way Richard admits wasn't enough to finish the game, just enough to get them out of their "pickle" he calls it. Psst, they continue to do this, still duct taping cheap assets together and doing a piss poor job at it. 4 years now and It still looks like a crappy demo you'd put together to try and get kick-started with. These guys are failed app devs and washed up PS1 programmer that are milking nostalgia of Ultimas and UO players. 

Not only they failed but the famous Spears is just a stubborn dev who doesn't listen anyone else than himself.  He thinks he's good but in fact that guy is far from it.  Being closed to the community like he is, is a huge mistake . So, with someone like this in your team, you can only failed . Plus if you don't agree with him on steam, he'll ban you right away.

I'm not sure where Spears ego comes from, he's never worked on one successful game....not one. Dude seriously has no talent for making games especially the combat parts, and needs to go back to teaching college students that he can BS. I agree he shouldn't be around any forum interacting where potential customers can see his childishness. He and Starr should have been let go years ago, maybe the project could have been saved.

Starr? what is wrong with him?
    I don't know much about him.

He's done a piss poor job at managing the whole project. 
    LOL

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    It's kinda like this... 

Who should get paid? Campbell's or Andy Warhol? 
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

Nanfoodle said:

It's kinda like this... 

Neither. I vote for the farmer and the cook.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617

Iselin said:

Nanfoodle said:

It's kinda like this... 

That sounds about right. :D

Nanfoodle said:

Iselin said:

Nanfoodle said:

It's kinda like this... 

That sounds about right. :D

Thank you!! Sorry!

• RaquisRaquis Member RarePosts: 1,029
    crap game i never should have crowd funded it,if the combat was good i would have played.
    they taught me a lesson never buy a game before its finished and if you investigate further!
  • AlexanderVendiAlexanderVendi Member UncommonPosts: 375
    I promised myself to not judge or criticize another gaming company until the game they are working on is being labeled as a finished product and a free trial is being offered.

Don't know if u realized this but the world is not filled whit a majority of enlightened minds and i honestly think that everyone should respect that. All i want is a good game and nothing else matters(unless u are totally killing the game that u promised to deliver .. JAY WILSON! NEVER FORGET!
  • MustaphaMondMustaphaMond Member UncommonPosts: 341
    This game is awful and its community is even worse.

I regret backing it every single day to the point that it makes me feel down whenever I even think about it.

I haven't posted here in ages, but just had to log in to express my disgust with SotA and with myself for having backed such a stinker.

I honestly feel like backing this game is tantamount to committing a crime against humanity.

I'm sorry, gamers. I didn't know it was going to go down like this... honest!
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    The people who backed it cannot get their money back ?

• timtracktimtrack Member UncommonPosts: 541
    Feels more and more common that devs/publishers test their customers to the extreme, pushing the limits little by little. For every time we shrug a little bit less until it becomes commonplace.

I get the same feeling as when watching Family Guy and Quagmire goes something like "I'm just going to throw this out there and see what happens" just before suggesting something outrageously forbidden and absolutely disgusting. And every now and then some poor idiot goes with it and he goes - "Gigity...."

kitarad said:

The people who backed it cannot get their money back ?

Not really.... The greed dude.  The Greed.