Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

'POP' Locked Progression Server Opening May 24th - EverQuest - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited April 2017 in News & Features Discussion

image'POP' Locked Progression Server Opening April 20th - EverQuest - MMORPG.com

EverQuest News - EverQuest players will be able to check out the next progression server called Agnarr. It is a unique server from the standpoint that it is considered "POP" where unlocks end with Planes of Power. Expansions up to Planes of Power will unlock every twelve weeks with Lost Dungeons of Norrath being the final content unlock.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464
    edited April 2017
    Did the date change? I thought it was opening on Wednesday, May 24, 2017.

Also, to avoid confusion, the server will include the following expansions (the last come after PoP):
    The Ruins of Kunark, The Scars of Velious, The Shadows of Luclin, The Planes of Power, The Legacy of Ykesha, Lost Dungeons of Norrath.
    --------------------------------------------
  • RasiemRasiem Member UncommonPosts: 318
    The post says only up to PoP though.
  • epoqepoq Member UncommonPosts: 394
    PoP is where the game started going to shit anyway, so I'm fine with that.

I might be in on this one, shittttt. Bye life.
  • frangoazulfrangoazul Member UncommonPosts: 31
    edited April 2017
    its a trap, money grab, fuck you Daybreak
    "you must have All Access Membership to access the Agnarr server."
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    They did this with ERQ2 and lasted about 2 months,then died off.

I can't believe the balls this company have,instead of hard work ,ever since they took over they have looked for incredibly cheap ideas to reinvigorate dead games or games not bringing in money anymore.
    They actually took H1Z1 and split it into 2 parts and tried to SELL the exact same ONE game that was supposedly NOT ready and still in development.
    Locked EQ2 servers,where is the effort,locked EQ1 servers,where is the effort?

I don't know what former SOE employee is feeding DB this crap but it needs to stop,you need to put some effort into your games if you want people to play them.
    EQ1 was ONLY good because of the time era it released,better than everything else,but this is 2017.IMO it is really lame hoping that players will jump in on some BLIND hope it reinvigorates the game,it won't last,it is the exact same game only LESS.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

It will generate enough interest for a full server through all of those expansions. What I like is that they are going to POP and then it's done, no more. No one's going to stick around forever, but they might long enough to relive their glory days, get what they came for, and leave happily.

I will agree that Daybreak as a company SUCKS - they have no idea what they are doing and have made mostly terrible choices. I went into the EQ2 progression server about as excited as I've ever been and they ruined it with the voting system for unlocks, as well as having undertuned dungeons and raids because they released the game with items that should not have been in the original 'vanilla' version of the game, making the raid items later on completely worthless as there were world items that blew them away that were much easier to get.

My only hopes are that with this game having the combination of a SET timer of 12 weeks on each unlock with no voting, as well as a no multiboxing allowed approach, the game will be decent. Not expecting any miracles, it won't be like playing on Project 1999 with the original vanilla UI and character models, I'm sure they'll have the 2017 graphics in the game. But Project 1999 stops at Velious and there are plenty of EQ'ers like myself who also enjoyed their time in Luclin and PoP and would like to re-play those again for a couple of months each. We'll see how it goes.
  • goozmaniagoozmania Member RarePosts: 394
    edited April 2017
    This would almost be perfect, if they did not include dungeons of norath, and they removed the PoK tomes from the world... I'm ok with tomes in PoK taking you elsewhere, but not vice versa. PoK really shrunk the world and shit all over the immersion... and LDoN just sucked and had nothing to do with the rest of the game.
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,067
    I played till Shadows of Luclin before when I first played the game.  I heard and read that PoP ruined the game.
    Chamber of Chains
  • wormedwormed Member UncommonPosts: 472

Yea, fuck them for making money, right?
  • wormedwormed Member UncommonPosts: 472

Wizardry said:

I can't believe the balls this company have,instead of hard work ,ever since they took over they have looked for incredibly cheap ideas to reinvigorate dead games or games not bringing in money anymore.
    They actually took H1Z1 and split it into 2 parts and tried to SELL the exact same ONE game that was supposedly NOT ready and still in development.

I don't know what former SOE employee is feeding DB this crap but it needs to stop,you need to put some effort into your games if you want people to play them.
    EQ1 was ONLY good because of the time era it released,better than everything else,but this is 2017.IMO it is really lame hoping that players will jump in on some BLIND hope it reinvigorates the game,it won't last,it is the exact same game only LESS.

You do realize Phinigel, the truebox progressive, is easily their most popular server, right? This will be successful just like Phinigel, honestly.
  • frangoazulfrangoazul Member UncommonPosts: 31
    edited April 2017

wormed said:

Yea, fuck them for making money, right?

Make money by bringing new content, new ideias and more quality
    edited April 2017

cheyane said:

I played till Shadows of Luclin before when I first played the game.  I heard and read that PoP ruined the game.

PoP is definitely where the decline started, but it did have some very cool raids.

Luclin, however, was great IMO -- and I for one am happy to be able to play through it again. As much as I love the original game + Kunark + Velious - Luclin had some VERY hard grindy content that most people never successfully finished. Vex Thal for instance, I've never actually seen the zone live, only in EQEmu. The key grind was rough, harder than some of the Epic quests.

Also Luclin is where they buffed the hell out of boss mob HP. Talking some 30 to 1 hour long fights. Not for the faint of heart.

Then in PoP they did a 180 and instead of super long fights they opted for super hard fights where the mobs would hit hard as hell and 1 shot the crap out of your raid party.

ALL IN ALL - say what you want, but those expansions were NOT EASY.  And challenge is what's lacking  from ALL CURRENT MMO'S.
  • SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466

Wizardry said:

Yeah it's just not in the same league as Ffxi lol.

DMKano said:

I think I've played content through PoP so many times - i've lost count.

Just don't have it in me to do it again.

DMKano you are my hero. You are so insightful. I wish to be like you when i grow up.

/plays scary horror music in the back ground
    Chamber of Chains
  • zazzzazz Member UncommonPosts: 408
    edited April 2017
    PoP was still decent had some great times , it wasn't the only issue , MMOS started to come out mainly SWG at the time , people were starting to look at things a new so EQ thinned out.

Any Guilds going for it feel free to send me a PM.

Im in for sure.

I think the servers will be packed in the beginning. I'm contemplating playing again.
    Chamber of Chains
  • AsamofAsamof Member UncommonPosts: 824

cheyane said:

I started during Shadows of Luclin, and I was told that was the expansion that started to ruin everything!

Asamof said:

cheyane said:

I started during Shadows of Luclin, and I was told that was the expansion that started to ruin everything!

I started in Kunark. Loved Kunark, Velious, and Luclin. PoP had good raids but the PoK tomes ruined the game for me because it made EQ lose that sense of exploration. Running across the world was dangerous, and took time. Once you could fast travel it made the world feel so small.

By the time LDoN / GoD hit WoW was getting hyped up and ready to launch and then it was like mass exodus.
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,610

Open new service and give it away for free? Stop begging for hand outs and support the games you play.
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,610

DMKano said:

I think I've played content through PoP so many times - i've lost count.

Just don't have it in me to do it again.

DMKano you are my hero. You are so insightful. I wish to be like you when i grow up.

Ok, he has minions now? 

• WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464

Asamof said:

cheyane said:

For each of their 23 expansions, I'm sure you can find someone, somewhere, who will make the argument that it ruined everything!
    --------------------------------------------

Asamof said:

cheyane said:

No one ever says that about Kunark and Velious though I personally loved those expansion and were there from day one for each expansion. Luclin I had quit and come back for and started a beastlord then I quit for good after.
    Chamber of Chains
  • MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    I really think that the only thing these progression servers do is take players from their existing servers.  Oh well, I just cancelled my All Access anyway.

@goozmania, why did you think LDoN was bad?  Most people thought it was great because it reintroduced the focus on grouping AND allowed hardcore non-raiders an alternate way to try to catch up with gear.

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• Nightbringe1Nightbringe1 Member UncommonPosts: 1,335

Some of us already have subscriptions and will enjoy playing on a new server.

Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do.
    Benjamin Franklin