Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Short video ad for Pantheon's upcoming dev stream - Sneak peek of Monk combat

NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
Click here to see it, Monk footage in closed 

Comments

• ChildoftheShadowsChildoftheShadows Member EpicPosts: 2,193
    Awesome, can't wait!
  • PottedPlant22PottedPlant22 Member RarePosts: 800

Nanfoodle said:

Click here to see it, Monk footage in closed 

Who's awesome?  Nanfoodle's awesome.
  • KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,563
    I'm interested in learning more about the atmosphere and acclimation systems. They both sound pretty neat. 
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617

Kumapon said:

I'm interested in learning more about the atmosphere and acclimation systems. They both sound pretty neat. 

Ya the more we learn about their unique systems, the more people will see that Pantheon is more then just modeled after EQ1. 
  • CatibrieCatibrie Member UncommonPosts: 87
    Guess we wont see a Summoner this round?
  • DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536
    Whose worried about summoners when you can see monks? :tongue:

• Kayo83Kayo83 Member UncommonPosts: 399
    Looking good. Monk animations are looking surprisingly well done and the spell effects for Shaman show much improvement. Not perfect (yet) but looking forward to the new streams.
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    I always loved the Everquest monk glad to see this in Pantheon and it is looking good.
    Chamber of Chains
    Ya, I am kind of excited to see how this class plays out. Pure DPS, Off Tank, maybe stuns for support? Anyone have a guess?
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001

DMKano said:

i want to learn more about the cash shop! ;)

Is it certain that they are having one?
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 

Sovrath said:

DMKano said:

No he thinks its funny because another thread was hijacked and turned into why pledge rewards means Pantheon has an active cash shop. (((eye roll)))  
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001

Nanfoodle said:

Sovrath said:

DMKano said:

No he thinks its funny because another thread was hijacked and turned into why pledge rewards means Pantheon has an active cash shop. (((eye roll)))  

Ah, right, I remember that! Good times ...
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    edited April 2017
    Been waiting to see how the combat improved because it looked really bad before. 

I will be watching.  =)

Recore said:

Been waiting to see how the combat improved because it looked really bad before. 

I will be watching.  =)

What about the combat looked bad?
  • postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003

Recore said:

I will be watching.  =)

Recore said:

I will be watching.  =)

Auto-attack + tab & auto-target. /facepalm

• DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536

Recore said:

I will be watching.  =)

Recore said:

I will be watching.  =)

You do realize this isn't an action combat mmo, right?

Dullahan said:

Recore said:

I will be watching.  =)

Recore said:

I will be watching.  =)

So much for their tenant around immersive combat.

I'll be positive though. Maybe those are just the "starter" combat styles and they'll allow us to buy additional combat styles in the cash shop, once it goes live. 

Dullahan said:

Recore said:

I will be watching.  =)

Recore said:

I will be watching.  =)

I'll be positive though. Maybe those are just the "starter" combat styles and they'll allow us to buy additional combat styles in the cash shop, once it goes live. 

You dont like the game, thats fine. You have been shown devs posts saying there will be no cash shops. So the reason to turn every thread your in, into the same topic is? There are fans of this game trying to have discussions about the game. You want to jump in, your welcome. You want to try and derail topics, I will ask you be respectful and try and keep your bashing to the topic of the thread. 

Nanfoodle said:

Dullahan said:

Recore said:

I will be watching.  =)

Recore said:

I will be watching.  =)

You dont like the game, thats fine. You have been shown devs posts saying there will be no cash shops. So the reason to turn every thread your in, into the same topic is? There are fans of this game trying to have discussions about the game. You want to jump in, your welcome. You want to try and derail topics, I will ask you be respectful and try and keep your bashing to the topic of the thread. 

You brought it up, scooter. (((eye roll)))

• WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464
    Monk is one of the classes I'm most excited about. Cannot wait for the stream.

However, I don't quite understand the Part 1 and Part 2 aspect though. Are they filming the entire stream one day and releasing it in two separate parts? Or are they live streaming on two different days?
    --------------------------------------------
  • RukushinRukushin Member UncommonPosts: 311
    I'll be honest that I am looking forward to the game because of their promise of hard difficulty and how they are developing systems to force players to interact with one another. Finally it seems like we will be getting an MMO that harkens back to what MMOs are meant for...aka not for playing solo. 

That being said....the combat looks meh. It's doesn't have to be action combat to have much better animations. I know its super alpha right now, but I wouldn't have displayed anything on a stream if my animations looked like that. It is very circa 1999-2002 with those animations. All it serves is to make the game look more and more dated even before it even launches. 
  • SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466

Nanfoodle said:

Kumapon said:

Ya the more we learn about their unique systems, the more people will see that Pantheon is more then just modeled after EQ1. 

Who has said its completely modelled off EQ1, fact is the inspiration for the game comes from EQ1 /Vanguard with plenty of new features. 

Anyone looking at the game can see that, one thing it isn't based on is that pathetic excuse of a game called EQN of which you promoted avidly and took plenty of delight telling EQ vets that the game wasn't based off EQ other than similar name. 

Thanks God you can't do the same with this game. 

Anyway the vid looks cool and the monk kind of reminds me of how the Vanguard Disciple moved. The area reminded me a bit of thestra from Vanguard. 

Rukushin said:

I'll be honest that I am looking forward to the game because of their promise of hard difficulty and how they are developing systems to force players to interact with one another. Finally it seems like we will be getting an MMO that harkens back to what MMOs are meant for...aka not for playing solo. 

That being said....the combat looks meh. It's doesn't have to be action combat to have much better animations. I know its super alpha right now, but I wouldn't have displayed anything on a stream if my animations looked like that. It is very circa 1999-2002 with those animations. All it serves is to make the game look more and more dated even before it even launches. 

Its not even Alpha, its pre-pre-alpha. Pre-Alpha starts soon. They are showing stuff way sooner then you used to typically see a company do. 

Monk is one of the classes I'm most excited about. Cannot wait for the stream.

However, I don't quite understand the Part 1 and Part 2 aspect though. Are they filming the entire stream one day and releasing it in two separate parts? Or are they live streaming on two different days?

Ya I have been wondering the same thing. 2nd 1/2 of the same thing. Maybe showing us a different area on the 2nd stream. @Kilsin can you tell us anything?
  • RukushinRukushin Member UncommonPosts: 311

Nanfoodle said:

Rukushin said:

Its not even Alpha, its pre-pre-alpha. Pre-Alpha starts soon. They are showing stuff way sooner then you used to typically see a company do. 

Sorry used the wrong terminology when saying super alpha I meant super pre alpha, but yeah my hopes are still there. I don't need action combat to be satisfied. I need kicks to actually contact their targets from an animation standpoint.