Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pet on a melee class?

skytalk3rskytalk3r Member UncommonPosts: 3
I've played WoW WotLK and I know Unholy Death Knight can have permanent ghoul pet, that does damage, has survivability, basic UI and 1 or two skills. Looking for something similar and update on the changes in the current client.
If you come up with a suggestion, note that cause of low spec PC I can't play modern games until I upgrade(single core Windows XP etc.)
I am playing this browser game called Adventure Quest and I'm satisfied with it's Charisma stat and it's uses, just checking out for more.

Comments

• HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    In WoW the Survival hunter is a melee pet user also.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited April 2017
    FFXI's Beastmaster as well.

Any class can have a battle pet in Archeage, Rider's of Icarus, and supposedly Bless Online as well with RoI and Bless having the ability to tame almost every mob in the game I believe.
  • RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383
    Beastlord in EQ, Shadow Knight to a lesser extent (it's what the WoW DK was patterned after)
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    edited April 2017
    Neverwinter is missing as I see, in there everyone's a "pet" user (more like a companion), saw once a cleric pet next to a (female toon) tank, which is GF (guardian fighter), and the pet was named HealinMyGF :lol:

And if similar "quasi-pets" count, LotRO has skirmish soldiers, the heavy melees usually take a healer or in some cases an archer if dps is more needed than survivability, while the burg mostly use a tank soldier for those sneaky backstabs.

edit: on a second thought (I usually use banners, that's why I missed it), cappy in LotRO is a melee pet class without the skirmish soldier too, since he has a companion by default, if you choose so. And that choice is just for later game anyways, during the early levels you can only use your trusty sidekick (either for boost, or heal, or some additional damage).
    And it's a full-value pet, with direct commands and skills and with a minimal gearing too.
    A sample from Andang, the Oathbreaker (ranged dps/support pet) https://youtu.be/kXJ5YeYnT_w
    Post edited by Po_gg on
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671

Ridelynn said:

Beastlord in EQ, Shadow Knight to a lesser extent (it's what the WoW DK was patterned after)

Yeah was gonna say Unholy DK is pretty much a melee with a pet.
  • MMOman101MMOman101 Member UncommonPosts: 1,786
    In ESO you can, probably not ideal though. I didn't like the game enough to buy it on sale. You might though.

β€œIt's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.”

--John Ruskin

• skytalk3rskytalk3r Member UncommonPosts: 3

Horusra said:

In WoW the Survival hunter is a melee pet user also.

Just checked out a vid and survival looking amazing with all those "charges" system added up. Thanks!