Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Current state?

AthisarAthisar Member UncommonPosts: 666
How's the game currently? I played for a bit when it went into open beta but not since. I really liked the combat, but the social aspects were pretty awful (basically solo play or pugs), and it required doing the same maps a bit too often.

Has it changed much at levelling up/gaining prestige/whatever? I know a couple of big patches have gone in.

Comments

• AthisarAthisar Member UncommonPosts: 666
    Anyone?
  • SNAFUdamusSNAFUdamus Member UncommonPosts: 59
    Its rubbish. The cap system is still in place. Who the hell makes an MMO you can only play a few hours a week?
  • AthisarAthisar Member UncommonPosts: 666
    I found it pretty ironic that nobody posted on this for 3 weeks, yet when there was a giveaway where you had to say why you liked the game, 1000 people were desperate to say how much they loved it.
  • SarcasticTwistSarcasticTwist Member UncommonPosts: 15
    this is game is just bad
  • BaitnessBaitness Member UncommonPosts: 675
    Great combat, bad story, interesting levelling design that doesn't actually work in practice.  Worth trying out, not worth staying.
  • zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    Athisar said:
    How's the game currently? I played for a bit when it went into open beta but not since. I really liked the combat, but the social aspects were pretty awful (basically solo play or pugs), and it required doing the same maps a bit too often.

Has it changed much at levelling up/gaining prestige/whatever? I know a couple of big patches have gone in.
    At 113K Prestige be doing mostly solo play unless ones in a guild or find friends to play with, as for Group play to long of a wait to be worth it at time if anyone try to queue up solo. But yeah still the doing same map over and over, but there voice action getting better and there more story line to the game. Added raids and weekly event but same map over and over most the time.

But I still play it as no game out there have a cool paladin class so far what keeps me playing.
  • ThenThen Member UncommonPosts: 80
    started playing again 3 days ago, cant stop :) loving it! it rocks :D
  • xpowderxxpowderx Member UncommonPosts: 2,078
    I play this on my PS4.  Totally wicked game.  Much better on console than PC.  I recommend the starter pack at the PS store.  Completely worth it.  Get almost a complete month of premium.  It makes a big difference.  Way worth the 7 bucks paid.

While this game may have had a rocky start.  It is Very VERY GOOD on the PS!
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030

If you like spamming skills on bosses that never die and never present a challenge then this is the game for you!

If you like spamming skills on bosses that never die and never present a challenge then this is the game for you!

I see you really do not know what you are talking about.  The bosses die just fine.  Bosses are not meant to be easy.  On that note a player who lacks skill and ability for games like this one or even Warframe.  Will have serious issues.  Which shows by your statement.
    lupine1990
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    Still has players compared to Arche Age.
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030

xpowderx said:

I see you really do not know what you are talking about.  The bosses die just fine.  Bosses are not meant to be easy.  On that note a player who lacks skill and ability for games like this one or even Warframe.  Will have serious issues.  Which shows by your statement.

Right.  Do wildstar raiding and then get back to me about player skill :)

That game is a joke.  10million hp doesn't make a boss hard, it makes it tedious.

xpowderx said:

That game is a joke.  10million hp doesn't make a boss hard, it makes it tedious.

Do some old school EQ or Vanilla WOW raids then get back to me.  Nothing worse than a wanna be elitist.  Here is one for you.  Wildstar is cancer and EVE is the cure :-D

Geez, dude comes here just to troll a game.  Only because his game is low...low population....Current EQ has more players than Wildstar.  Guess what??  For a crap game.  Skyforge has at least 50x Wildstars pop.  But then again they are two different types of mmos.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

Athisar said:

I found it pretty ironic that nobody posted on this for 3 weeks, yet when there was a giveaway where you had to say why you liked the game, 1000 people were desperate to say how much they loved it.

The people who request keys don't tend to post anything other than requests for keys, most of them have single digit post counts, kind of crazy really, but as for the lack of interest in talking about the game, its probably because the game isn't trending at the moment, without anything to discuss about the game, there is no interest.
  • SuitedGamingSuitedGaming Member CommonPosts: 2
    REAALY ENJOYING THIS GAME AT THE MOMENT

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    edited April 2017

Phry said:

Athisar said:

The people who request keys don't tend to post anything other than requests for keys, most of them have single digit post counts, kind of crazy really, but as for the lack of interest in talking about the game, its probably because the game isn't trending at the moment, without anything to discuss about the game, there is no interest.

I got a key, but the ps4 version had already released over here by then and it was invalid.... First time I won anything here too :(

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020
    edited April 2017

xpowderx said:

xpowderx said:

Do some old school EQ or Vanilla WOW raids then get back to me.  Nothing worse than a wanna be elitist.  Here is one for you.  Wildstar is cancer and EVE is the cure :-D

Geez, dude comes here just to troll a game.  Only because his game is low...low population....Current EQ has more players than Wildstar.  Guess what??  For a crap game.  Skyforge has at least 50x Wildstars pop.  But then again they are two different types of mmos.

I know you didn't just say Vanilla WoW and EQ had hard raids. Please tell me it was a joke.

The only hard raids Vanilla WoW had was AQ40 and Naxx. EQ didn't have any. EQ raids was the epitome of "give it more hp!". There was nothing that made it difficult.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

edited April 2017

Sephiroso said:

xpowderx said:

xpowderx said:

I know you didn't just say Vanilla WoW and EQ had hard raids. Please tell me it was a joke.

The only hard raids Vanilla WoW had was AQ40 and Naxx. EQ didn't have any. EQ raids was the epitome of "give it more hp!". There was nothing that made it difficult.

You think EQ raids were not hard?  Ever done the sleeper?  Or the original plane raids before Velious?  A example of POH then.  You had to clear and keep clear that entire place.  Because every 20% of damage Innoruk took he would summon EVERY creature from that plane that was not on a respawn timer.  Which means you would get jacked.  Then you have to have a Wizard that could planar travel.  As you needed him to transport your entire raid party to POH. 

Once there, if your transportation LDed or died the entire raid would be stuck for a bit till you could find someone willing to travel to POH just to get you out.  If you had a raid wipe on POH.  You had better have backup gear in the bank because all your regular gear stays on your corpse.  Then you have to fight your way back just to get the original corpse and hope you were not in a room with something really bad.   Otherwise you will be paying necros alot of money just to get your corpse to a safe area.  Not counting having to have someone who can port you off that plane.

If you died on a plane.  With no one to rez or transport your character out.  Your character was unplayable til you could get out.  There were no easy way.  If you have a character well geared.  You will be paying alot.

• SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020
    edited April 2017

xpowderx said:

Sephiroso said:

xpowderx said:

xpowderx said:

You think EQ raids were not hard?  Ever done the sleeper?  Or the original plane raids before Velious?  A example of POH then.  You had to clear and keep clear that entire place.  Because every 20% of damage Innoruk took he would summon EVERY creature from that plane that was not on a respawn timer.  Which means you would get jacked.  Then you have to have a Wizard that could planar travel.  As you needed him to transport your entire raid party to POH. 

Once there, if your transportation LDed or died the entire raid would be stuck for a bit till you could find someone willing to travel to POH just to get you out.  If you had a raid wipe on POH.  You had better have backup gear in the bank because all your regular gear stays on your corpse.  Then you have to fight your way back just to get the original corpse and hope you were not in a room with something really bad.   Otherwise you will be paying necros alot of money just to get your corpse to a safe area.  Not counting having to have someone who can port you off that plane.

If you died on a plane.  With no one to rez or transport your character out.  Your character was unplayable til you could get out.  There were no easy way.  If you have a character well geared.  You will be paying alot.

So you're basing the difficulty of a raiding off of the ability to recover your corpse? Kay.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Sephiroso said:

xpowderx said:

Sephiroso said:

xpowderx said:

xpowderx said:

So you're basing the difficulty of a raiding off of the ability to recover your corpse? Kay.

Actually, you can be alive in a plane as well.  If you are non porting class you are screwed.  Does not just apply to having to be dead.  Plus notice above that.  I did say he brings everything that is spawned in the zone to protect him.  I could add in Luclin.  Veeshan is a very very difficult raid. Nothing like watching your own raid mates turn into werewolves and attack you.
  • RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383

xpowderx said:

I play this on my PS4.  Totally wicked game.  Much better on console than PC.  I recommend the starter pack at the PS store.  Completely worth it.  Get almost a complete month of premium.  It makes a big difference.  Way worth the 7 bucks paid.

While this game may have had a rocky start.  It is Very VERY GOOD on the PS!

I agree, it's better on the PS4 than the PC. I can't put my finger on it, but it seems to make more sense playing on the console.

This is even though a lot of features are missing on the PS4 (additional classes don't unlock via campaign, trophy hall is just missing, etc). 

It's still very grindy, but I do find it pretty fun if you don't overdo it and try to binge on it, because there isn't that much variety in the gameplay.
  • Hexag0nHexag0n Member UncommonPosts: 15
    I haven't played it in a year, but when I did I found that it got boring rather quickly.  Combat always felt the same in spite of the dynamic class switching.  If you want something that plays somewhat like this but a lot better try out Warframe.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    I must admit I recently came back to it and they made some changes I like.  It's still a complicated mess but they added three difficulty modes for some adventures.  Made it real easy to become a jr. deity. Drops that included three day premium status (I've picked up a few weeks worth in a few days).  They also managed to simplify parts of it a little more.  Still a ton of grinding but with so many different types of quests, adventures, and other things to do, it's easy to break up the grinding into smaller chunks.  Playing this and Wildlands that I got for a 20% discount promotion recently, my gaming plate is full for awhile.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• CrazyPickleCrazyPickle Member CommonPosts: 2
    Hey,
    Are you a new player? Confused? Stuck and don't know what to do?
    Well, You may find what you looking for here -> https://goo.gl/wB3tfu

Don't forget to Subscribe!!!

Thank you!
  • absddsabsdds Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    Guten Abend Skyforge Team.
     Ich schreibe ihnen bezüglich dem Spiel. Mir ist aufgefallen das immer mehr Spieler aufhören zu spielen weil ihnen das Spiel nicht mehr gefällt. Ich werde hier mal einige Punkte aufzählen und danach einige Vorschläge bringen. Der Hauptgrund ist erstmal das vorankommen im Spiel selber. Wenn man das Spiel neu beginnt zu spielen macht es erstmal sehr viel Spass aber man gerät sehr schnell und vorallem unbewusst auf die falsche Schiene indem man hohe Generations Gegenstände anzieht und die Macht liegen lässt, was dazu führt das man bei den Solo Quests sehr viel Mühe hat. Weitere Gründe sind Bug's die schon seit Jahren vorhanden sind, ob das der Sound Bug ist wo man danach nichts mehr hört oder der Bug bei dem man sich nicht mehr bewegen kann. Zudem kommt ein weiteres grosses Problem und zwar das mit den Items. Man muss ewigs Credits farmen um die richtigen Attribute zu erhalten bei den Items und danach muss man ewigs questen bis man die passenden Zeichen erhält um die Items dann zu verbessern. Um die Items dann eine Generation zu erhöhen, musste man sich Flamme der Wiedergeburt kaufen (welche ihr mittlerweile rausgepatcht habt). Kommen wir zum letzten Problem. Ihr habt das Spiel wortwörtlich zu einem paytowin Game entwickelt. Ohne den Einkauf von Argents kommt man bei diesem Spiel gar nicht mehr voran. Ihr müsst damit schleunigst aufhören. Es kann nicht sein das man ständig für jede Kleinigkeit Argents ausgeben muss. Das ist reine Abzocke. Ich habe hier ein paar Vorschläge für euch. Als erstens mal solltet ihr Alle Bugs entfernen.
    Als zweitens solltet ihr die Balance der Klassen ausgleichen. man sieht nur noch die drei neusten Klassen weil die so OP sind. Als drittens solltet ihr das Item Build anpassen. Ihr könntet es ähnlich wie bei WoW ( World of Warcraft) machen. Das die Magier bestimmte Attribute brauchen, die Supporter, Magier und Tanks. Die Items sollte man nicht immer verbessern müssen oder die Generation erhöhen sollen. Nach Abschluss eines Dungeons oder einem Raids sollte man Belohnungen und Items erhalten für die passende Klasse mit der man die Instanz abgeschlossen hat. Man sollte die Items die man braucht farmen gehen wie bei Wow, und nicht immer verbessern und die Generation erhöhen was zu einem nie endenden Weg führt. Als guter Letzt solltet ihr das paytowin System abschaffen. Die Argents sollten nur für Oberflächliche Sachen zu gebrauchen sein zB. Kostüme Bundles usw. Ich hoffe ihr nehmt diese Nachricht zu Herzen
    Freundliche Grüsse Serok Dalvaik (Skyforge)