Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hardware Review: ZOTAC 10 Year Anniversary Sonix PCIe SSD - General Hardware Reviews

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited April 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageHardware Review: ZOTAC 10 Year Anniversary Sonix PCIe SSD - General Hardware Reviews

This week, we were lucky enough to get our hands on Zotac’s latest solid state drive, the 10 Year Anniversary Sonix 480GB SSD. This edition celebrates 10 years of operation for Zotac and joins their Anniversary Edition GTX 1080 video cards offering refreshed aesthetics, features, and increased performance.
As an NVMe add-in card utilizing the PCI-Express pipeline, we know the drive is faster than your average SATA SSD. Let’s see how it holds up in the real world.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Totally agree. Pretty much a useless review as it didn't compare this drive to similar SSD drives.

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    Will this drive last me over 10 years?
  • Veexer_NuiVeexer_Nui Member UncommonPosts: 268
    edited April 2017
    Sorry but it's trash.

Anyone who pays $400 for 2600mb/s read 1300mb/s write when you can buy a 480GB Corsair Force MP500, M.2 Read 3000MB/s, Write 2400MB/s for $350, is an idiot. Paid promotion maybe? Why else review low tier products.

Archeage EU - Nui

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    I basically boot from a Intel 480 GB SSD takes me under 5 seconds to boot my computer now...

All my other data is shared across Multiple Drives after that and I have no problem multi-boxing 10-20 EVE Online clients now I could do more lol...

The only problem I had was transfer times but I install a External Sata drive connector, and slowly upgrading my system to 24 TB's with Quality Western Digital Drives, no problem...
  • DarLorkarDarLorkar Member UncommonPosts: 1,082
    Like everything else with computers, just shows the direction they are heading. Some serious fast SSD's will be pretty standard for everyone in a year or so.

On the other gripes...c'mon people, they gave you a link to the serious testing site if that is in your bag to check out:P This is MMORPG...take what we can get, as it is offered, and go elsewhere for the serious and deep reviews if you are in the market for pete's sake.
  • ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059

DarLorkar said:

Like everything else with computers, just shows the direction they are heading. Some serious fast SSD's will be pretty standard for everyone in a year or so.

On the other gripes...c'mon people, they gave you a link to the serious testing site if that is in your bag to check out:P This is MMORPG...take what we can get, as it is offered, and go elsewhere for the serious and deep reviews if you are in the market for pete's sake.

Agreed. Occasionally they'll get a complementary piece of hardware for review purposes and do a brief write-up on it here. But hardware reviews aren't a main focus of this site so it's not going to be in-depth. I feel bad for Chris, everytime he does a hardware review it gets dumped on.
  • JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    edited April 2017

OG_Zorvan said:

When you purposely compare a promoted product against a completely different and inferior technology in order to make said product look good, you're not reviewing. You're marketing. The shill is strong.

This whole site has turned into a Marketing shill lately.

The whole spam of Mass Effect:Adromeda articles and review says enough.

When you got EA/Bioware coming out and finally apologizing for all the issues with the game, but this site keep on praising the game and downplaying the issues and the staff openly mocking people who are being critical...... you can't sink any lower than that and keep a straight face saying you're not being paid! /shrug
  • GameByNightGameByNight Hardware and Technology EditorMMORPG.COM Staff, Member RarePosts: 793
    Guys, this review compares against a standard drive to show the improvements against a platter for those looking to upgrade for the first time. Any SSD would be an improvement, yes. Read the Guru3D article for comparative assessments against competitive SSDs. We unfortunately do not have a dozen drives in house. It's something I hope to develop, but for now, our focus is games with hardware being an important and developing branch I am personally working to grow to meet what you're asking for. :-)