Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Class, Content, Systems & More Revealed by PearlAbyss - Black Desert Online - MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• ElthiumElthium Member UncommonPosts: 88
    I played and was quite happy with the game until I hit level 56 which is when I realized that it would take months and months of grinding Sausans/Pirate Island to be able to get to 58, let alone 60 to be be able to do Kamasylvia. I hit the uninstall button soon after that.

The progression curve goes from a reasonable gentle slope to Everest like vertical then.
  • RadooRadoo Member UncommonPosts: 298

Elthium said:

I played and was quite happy with the game until I hit level 56 which is when I realized that it would take months and months of grinding Sausans/Pirate Island to be able to get to 58, let alone 60 to be be able to do Kamasylvia. I hit the uninstall button soon after that.

The progression curve goes from a reasonable gentle slope to Everest like vertical then.

This is just another example of the state of this game. Of how unfinished it was at the time of its release and how devs set the gameplay based on what little working features they had.

Enter the leveling process as a main role.
    Experience events and special bonus experience channels, goodbye co-op play and player interaction because everyone is rushing on the solo leveling "challenge"
    Hello, sad and lonely leveling experience!

Wait, wait and wait.....STOP leveling! What do you think this is, a fun and leveling ride ? Hell no!
    The developers have thought about that too! They are ready for you don't worry!
    As you've reached lvl 56 you're now their puppet, and they don't even care about the fact that they're ruining the only class customization system in game.
    You'll try and try to reach the next level, but between PKers and the insane grind, you're just a cow to be milked in the only chance to obtain some progression for your character, which is the cash shop.

Have fun now.
    5CARLLeTT
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Elthium said:

They'll likely lower the XP necessary to level again once the content has actually been live for a bit. They did the same with Valencia. Level 56 used to be the old level 60. Those highest levels are pretty much for the hardcore PvPers only. Plus, with xp weekends and night time xp, level 58 isn't THAT hard to get these days to begin with.

I just play the content I enjoy, and every now and then I sneak in a night time grind and get a few percentages. It helps if you enjoy the rest of the game as well though. If you only care about the level, then yeah... you're probably never going to be happy with the game.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    edited April 2017
    I have never cared this little about levelling in any other game as much as BDO. There's so much to do besides levelling it has become not even a secondary concern.

• McCordRMMcCordRM Member UncommonPosts: 9
    For the love of all that's holy... WHEN CAN I PLAY THE MONK?? I mean, seriously... call him whatever suits your fancy-- brawler, MMA fighter, etc-- I don't care. To me, that looks like a Monk and I'm going to be yelling KEE-YAAAH into my mic with every attack and loving the hell out of it. Take my monies now!

But seriously... when can they have my monies?
    My friends and I discussing various topics:
    LANGUAGE WARNING:  https://tinyurl.com/s5sue44m
    P.S.  Skip to about 30 seconds on the videos if you hate the opening as much as I do. Pfft.

edited April 2017
    McCordRM said:
    For the love of all that's holy... WHEN CAN I PLAY THE MONK?? I mean, seriously... call him whatever suits your fancy-- brawler, MMA fighter, etc-- I don't care. To me, that looks like a Monk and I'm going to be yelling KEE-YAAAH into my mic with every attack and loving the hell out of it. Take my monies now!

But seriously... when can they have my monies?
    It comes out in KR the 20th this month... which means... a month or two from now for the NA version, provided nothing goes wrong.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

• DarkHighDarkHigh Member UncommonPosts: 157
    I shall name him GOKU SAN!!!!
  • LacedOpiumLacedOpium Member EpicPosts: 2,327
    edited April 2017

BDO would improve in a big way if they simply spread the opportunity for decent XP gains beyond Sausans and Pirates.  It seems like such an easy solution yet, for some unknown reason, Pearl Abyss has just simply been unable to figure this out and make the necessary adjustments.  As a result, large swaths of the beautiful landscapes of this game go virtually unused and abandoned.  Spreading the XP wealth throughout the world would open up the entire game for game play and exploration instead of the current state of the game that , by all accounts, could be more appropriately titled "Sausans and Pirates Online."

BDO would improve in a big way if they simply spread the opportunity for decent XP gains beyond Sausans and Pirates.  It seems like such an easy solution yet, for some unknown reason, Pearl Abyss has just simply been unable to figure this out and make the necessary adjustments.  As a result, large swaths of the beautiful landscapes of this game go virtually unused and abandoned.  Spreading the XP wealth throughout the world would open up the entire game for game play and exploration instead of the current state of the game that , by all accounts, could be more appropriately titled "Sausans and Pirates Online."

That's exactly what they're doing with the new areas.
    I get what you mean though... they should've rebalanced the Valencia content LONG ago, instead of leaving the risk vs reward ratio completely fucked up =/

I'm guessing the devs in KR were against it or something, because they WANT people to fight over those areas...? The only reason I can think of for holding off this long...

• RockardRockard Member UncommonPosts: 206

StoneRoses said:
    What PVE? Killing packs of mobs in a new zone? =--JO .....zzzzzzz
    This pretty much sums up what is 99% of the gameplay in BDO.
    Unless you are into life skills,you will farm mobs all day long in order to acquire better gear,in order to be able to move in a better mob farming spot,and get better gear,and all this with the goal to avoid any short of meaningful PvP encounter and to let your gear do the fighting for you.
    Go go gear grind.
  • arbi15arbi15 Member UncommonPosts: 41

DMKano said:

I hope this comes to west before September.

New class brings back players in droves - then people level to 56 in a few days and after a few weeks they leave.

Rinse and repeat.

the UI overhaul is due to console release - I hope the new UI is not absolute shit on the PC due to console constraints.

thats pretty much me, enoy lvling to 56 with new class, quit again
  • JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353
    They need to stop catering to the hardcores... Simply too much grinding to be able to enjoy all of the content.
    Now Playing: Bless / Summoners War
    Looking forward to: Crowfall / Lost Ark / Black Desert Mobile
  • ragz45ragz45 Member UncommonPosts: 810
    So at this point how PTW is BDO?  I'd like to try it out again, but afraid of getting burned on a PTW heavy game.
    edited April 2017
    ragz45 said:
    So at this point how PTW is BDO?  I'd like to try it out again, but afraid of getting burned on a PTW heavy game.
    Very low compared to most. Between the weekly sales limit, and the RNG, it's going to take a loooong time to buy yourself something good.

• beebop500beebop500 Member UncommonPosts: 217
    Let me know when they fix what is quite possibly the worst texture morphing and pop-in, in the history of video gaming. If I have to play a game on a mainframe so that the grass and trees don't change shape when I am 5 meters away from them, methinks there's a problem. The excuses from Daum and the fanbois are just laughable.
    "We are all as God made us, and many of us much worse." - Don Quixote
    DMKano said:

Azaron_Nightblade said:
    ragz45 said:
    Very low compared to most. Between the weekly sales limit, and the RNG, it's going to take a loooong time to buy yourself something good.

While this is true, BDO is heavily squeezing player to "pay to enjoy" as with each new class, weight, inventory space and costumes become things you want to spend money on as otherwise the gameplay is way less fun having to constantly unload/sell loot etc...
    Yep, those and pets are hard to do without...

Not exactly "P2W", since they don't really give any advantages over other players, but definitely more expenses.

• LighttipLighttip Member UncommonPosts: 24
    OOooh...They're bringing in a Dragonball character. ;-)
  • Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,545
    edited April 2017
    Yea, it's a pretty typical model. You have an established character with all the cash shop frills like increased inventory and pets and costumes with stats, and then you make a new character for free, but then you realize that if you play that character without all the cash shop frills, life's going to suck.

Doesn't even have to be the same type of MMO.  Elsword is very much like that too, for example.

In some games, the cash shop items are sellable so you can still pay for free if you're willing to grind out the nose for it.  BDO's trading is rather restrictive, however...