Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How is this game compared to Conan Exiles?

RS-ManRS-Man Member UncommonPosts: 57
^ Title
Also can you play with a gamepad?

=/= Better be defeated for a triumph than not to triumph by fear of failure! =\=

AsRock x370 Taichi AM4 Promontory
AMD Ryzen 5 1600X @ 3.9Ghz 1.33v
CoolerMaster MasterLiquid Lite 120 - Temps: ~28-32 idle ~45-60 load
G.Skill Ripjaws 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz
MSI GamingX GTX 1070
CoolerMaster 850Watts PowerSupply

Comments

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    Not sure I bought Life Is Fedual, Your Own, and its a complete piece of shit game, now I hear they have one that is a actual MMORPG which I thought I was buying in the first place, and I can't find if there is a free trial I don't want to throw another $39 down the tolit, even if its just $39...
  • General-ZodGeneral-Zod Member UncommonPosts: 868
    Renoaku said:
    Not sure I bought Life Is Fedual, Your Own, and its a complete piece of shit game, now I hear they have one that is a actual MMORPG which I thought I was buying in the first place, and I can't find if there is a free trial I don't want to throw another $39 down the tolit, even if its just $39...
    They were very clear that Life Is Fedual: Your Own would be it's own separate game that people could play while the MMO was under development.

Secondly, people who purchased Your Own would have one free character slot available in the MMO.

Thirdly, I can't fathom why you would even want to play the MMO if you strongly believed Your Own was of piece of shit. I mean, according to your description of the game it would be a much larger roomier piece of shit... 

BTW, all the information above is available on the internet...

RS-Man said:
    ^ Title
    Also can you play with a gamepad?
    I'm not sure about the traditional gamepad but it's been confirmed that the steam controller works well with Your Own.

edited April 2017
    DMKano said:
    They are pretty different games - hard to compare as IMO they appeal to different audiences.

Sort of like what's a better movie - Saving Private Ryan or Star Wars

It depends on what appeal more to you
    Wait... what?

Edit: Got it, thread title

P.S Saving Private Ryan is the best War movie ever made..

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965
    LIF is actual simulation of life in feudal times, very slow paced.

Conan Exile is Ark clone in Conan world

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    edited April 2017
    What @Lobotomist said, it is one medieval simulation, very slow paced, no leveling and such side of skill progression, crafting and then focused on PvP.

LiF is more locked to its own niche I'd say.
  • Saxx0nSaxx0n PR/Brand Manager BitBox Ltd.Member UncommonPosts: 999
    edited April 2017
    Renoaku said:
    I would like to hear your reason why we have made such a piece of shit. We are always open to critique and discussion.

Let me have it.

I have had many discussions in the past with similar people upset with the game and the large majority of information shared was that we suck because people actually have to work to achieve things instead of being given to them, cannot play the game solo, cannot master every skill in the game and that we don't have loot pinatas with tasty treats inside standing around waiting to be popped.

This may not correspond to your impressions at all, but I thought I would share the general consensus I have acquired over the years of hearing angry feedback.  

edit: How many hours have you actually played? 
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    Wouldn't other players in a full loot full pvp game be considered loot pinatas who get popped/ganked for their tasty treats inside while they are standing around minding their own business farming or mining?
  • PottedPlant22PottedPlant22 Member RarePosts: 800
    Saxx0n said:
    Renoaku said:
    I would like to hear your reason why we have made such a piece of shit. We are always open to critique and discussion.

Let me have it.

I have had many discussions in the past with similar people upset with the game and the large majority of information shared was that we suck because people actually have to work to achieve things instead of being given to them, cannot play the game solo, cannot master every skill in the game and that we don't have loot pinatas with tasty treats inside standing around waiting to be popped.

This may not correspond to your impressions at all, but I thought I would share the general consensus I have acquired over the years of hearing angry feedback.  

Is the game an MMO right now?  Is it clearly labeled that it's not an MMO right now?  That might be why he's upset based on what he said in his post.
    edited April 2017
    Asheram said:
    Wouldn't other players in a full loot full pvp game be considered loot pinatas who get popped/ganked for their tasty treats inside while they are standing around minding their own business farming or mining?
    Actually, I guess they would be for the first 4 kills, then after that the killer would realize that they have just become permanently flagged red. They would show red to everyone and they can then be killed by anyone and those people would not receive an alignment hit. Then that red player would also notice that every time they are killed they lose a massive amount of skillpoints. The amount of skillpoint loss is tied to how low your alignment is.

Don't get me wrong, because we love pvp. Random killing will get you these negative alignment hits, but organized clan or kingdom warfare does not have any alignment penalties associated with it.

Keep in mind the random serial killer has been flagged perma-red. You purchase characters for the mmo, not slots. You cannot just simply delete a toon and reroll. Deleting your toon will require purchase of a new character or you can just simply live the very difficult but miserable life of a mass murderer which is the way it should be.

The alignment system has balances though. You can pray once every 24 hours "real time" to gain one point back of alignment. A murder will net you a loss of 10 to 15 points of alignment.

Here is a detailed explanation of alignment: https://lifeisfeudal.gamepedia.com/Alignment
  • SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    Renoaku said:
    are you the same person who installed the same file again thinking it magically turned into an MMO?

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

Saxx0n said:
    Asheram said:
    Actually, I guess they would be for the first 4 kills, then after that the killer would realize that they have just become permanently flagged red. They would show red to everyone and they can then be killed by anyone and those people would not receive an alignment hit. Then that red player would also notice that every time they are killed they lose a massive amount of skillpoints. 

Don't get me wrong, because we love pvp. Random killing will get you these negative alignment hits, but organized clan or kingdom warfare does not have any alignment penalties associated with it.

Keep in mind the random serial killer has been flagged perma-red. You purchase characters for the mmo, not slots. You cannot just simply delete a toon and reroll. Deleting your toon will require purchase of a new character or you can just simply live the very difficult but miserable life of a mass murderer which is the way it should be.

The alignment system has balances though. You can pray once every 24 hours "real time" to gain one point back of Karma. A murder will net you a loss of 10 points of Karma.
    sounds good.

Personally I would just completely and totally disable pvp among anyone who is not in a faction or clan that your faction or clan is not at war with. Meaning neutrals can just not join a clan and of course make it so that if your in a clan/faction its not easy to just go neutral and back again.

That is how I would rock it

edited April 2017
    SEANMCAD said: That is how I would rock it
    Here is a detailed description of alignment: https://lifeisfeudal.gamepedia.com/Alignment 

I added this above after you commented.

Crimes range from simple trespassing to murder.
  • AbimorAbimor Member RarePosts: 874
    Wow that actually sounds like a well thought out system I'm to old for pvp just dont have the time to compete, but the system sounds cool.
    Keep in mind we were pissed off pvp gamers that were not happy or satisfied with what the genre was currently offering in the way of open world pvp sandbox mmos.

Instead of whining about it we decided to make one. ;) 
  • BellomoBellomo Member UncommonPosts: 184
    Renoaku said:

So wait there are two of them? and is this on Steam?

Bellomo said:

Renoaku said:

all it takes to create mass confusion,anxiety and mistaken purchases is to have two versions of your game. 

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914

Saxx0n said:

Renoaku said:

Let me have it.

this one is probably upset because he/she could not find a way to cheat in LIF

Bellomo said:

Renoaku said:

Our 64 player version is currently on Steam http://store.steampowered.com/app/290080

Buying this also gives you one free "character" for play in the mmo. The mmo version will be available and accessed thru our site and launcher. 

Currently the mmo is in beta testing. We are in Wave 1 of testing. Owners of the 64 player steam version will gain access to the mmo when Wave 2 starts. We are estimating Wave 2 to start later this year.
  • rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611

Saxx0n said:

Keep in mind we were pissed off pvp gamers that were not happy or satisfied with what the genre was currently offering in the way of open world pvp sandbox mmos.

LOL there is a reason why these guys whine. Because they have destroyed every other game that tried what you are trying. You arent reinventing the wheel here youre just going to be the latest in a failed attempt at appeasing the psychopaths and social misfits who find joy in ruining everyone elses fun.

Its sad because the game has awesome potential but this unwillingness to make compromises just insures its ultimate failure. And by the time you finally realize that it will be too late because there arent many games that get players back with a system change because they have already moved on.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003

rodarin said:

Saxx0n said:

LOL there is a reason why these guys whine. Because they have destroyed every other game that tried what you are trying. You arent reinventing the wheel here youre just going to be the latest in a failed attempt at appeasing the psychopaths and social misfits who find joy in ruining everyone elses fun.

Its sad because the game has awesome potential but this unwillingness to make compromises just insures its ultimate failure. And by the time you finally realize that it will be too late because there arent many games that get players back with a system change because they have already moved on.

The only way that the players in this game are going to another player's fun is if the people whose fun is being ruined are in the wrong game.

That's sort of the crux of it. If one doesn't like this type of game then they shouldn't play it. Those who are playing it "should" be on board with the rule-set and shouldn't have a problem with it.

Somehow, players who don't like these types of rule-sets seem to end up in these games and I can't fathom why. It's as if they aren't doing their research or are being willfully ignorant.

There's no reason why anyone who is not on board with this game should be playing it.

And it should certainly be "ok for a group of people to make a game that appeals to what they want. As long as they are clear that it isn't going to be a huge game as I doubt there is a large portion of players who would be interested. But I'm pretty certain there are players who will be interested.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
    edited April 2017

rodarin said:

Saxx0n said:

You quite obviously did not read my posts regarding this or the link to the detailed information I provided. 

This alignment system will even allow non-proficient pvpers to provide critical services and crafting to feel as important members of the feudal societies that will exist in the mmo world.

Considering we have already sold 400,000 copies at $39.99 of just the 64 player version with consistent sales even over a year after the official launch (11/2015) . It is difficult for us to see failure at this point, especially for a first game from a newly formed indy developer.

http://steamspy.com/app/290080
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Saxx0n said:

rodarin said:

Saxx0n said:

You quite obviously did not read my posts regarding this or the link to the detailed information I provided. 

This alignment system will even allow non-proficient pvpers to provide critical services and crafting to feel as important members of the feudal societies that will exist in the mmo world.

Considering we have already sold 400,000 copies at $39.99 of just the 64 player version with consistent sales even over a year after the official launch (11/2015) . It is difficult for us to see failure at this point, especially for a first game from a newly formed indy developer.

As much as I root for you guys as I have loved your own thus far, Rodarin is right in a lot of ways. You also can't really judge the MMO based on how things work on private servers with smaller numbers. Or how things are in closed testing phases.

Once the masses are let loose on the world things will change drastically. The part I find highly confusing is why spend so much time with systems that punish ganking, when you can just do a flagging system and bite the head off of that problem? Turning red has never thwarted ganking ever... That's what those folks play for. That doesn't make for a good PVP game, as it has nothing to do with PVP (it's just about being a dick). With a flagging system you have a much healthier PVP community, guild warfare is much healthier that way, as is the choice to be a supplier rather than a fighter. 

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611

Saxx0n said:

rodarin said:

Saxx0n said:

Depends on ones definition I suppose. Success in selling copies doesnt make a good GAME model. AOC sold a million copies and was dead within a few months. The revamped small version of Conan , COnan Exiles has sold over 500K units and there are less than 5K people playing at any one time. IMO that isnt a success. Granted its early access but lets not kid ourselves once it goes full release the numbers wont improve greatly, and we all know that. At least beyond that initial surge (which this Exiles saw for about 2 weeks).

People buy every piece of trash that comes out these days. That surely doesnt mean theyre any good.

I like LiF:YO I have around 1200 hours into it. But I havent played it in a few months because its the same old dame old. and the major issue ALL 'sandbox' games have. Once you get to a certain advancement 'level' then youre just playing for the sake of playing. And as with other games like this there isnt an expansion or more 'content' coming out to get people interested again. Thats why these types of game reroll new servers over and over again.

Also not sure what the final decision on resources in the MMO will be, as in if they replenish. Considering that quality is paramount I am hoping  they dont and if you find a 99 or 100 Q vein of ore (and hoping those are randomized also, not the same on every map like YO) then that indeed has great 'value'.

Game has unlimited potential but I just foresee too many griefers. And just because they get negative alignment doesnt mean they will go complete commando, a group can share kills and go to the limit without crossing the line. And having to buy a new character slot isnt all that negative unless the price is prohibitive (which alienates all players).

We will see when we get a chance to see all the people who bought YO getting onto the server, that will be the initial 'test' not only for the game itself but the attitudes and approaches the community is going to take/

rodarin said:

Depends on ones definition I suppose. Success in selling copies doesnt make a good GAME model. AOC sold a million copies and was dead within a few months. The revamped small version of Conan , COnan Exiles has sold over 500K units and there are less than 5K people playing at any one time. IMO that isnt a success. Granted its early access but lets not kid ourselves once it goes full release the numbers wont improve greatly, and we all know that. At least beyond that initial surge (which this Exiles saw for about 2 weeks).

People buy every piece of trash that comes out these days. That surely doesnt mean theyre any good.

I like LiF:YO I have around 1200 hours into it. But I havent played it in a few months because its the same old dame old. and the major issue ALL 'sandbox' games have. Once you get to a certain advancement 'level' then youre just playing for the sake of playing. And as with other games like this there isnt an expansion or more 'content' coming out to get people interested again. Thats why these types of game reroll new servers over and over again.

Also not sure what the final decision on resources in the MMO will be, as in if they replenish. Considering that quality is paramount I am hoping  they dont and if you find a 99 or 100 Q vein of ore (and hoping those are randomized also, not the same on every map like YO) then that indeed has great 'value'.

Game has unlimited potential but I just foresee too many griefers. And just because they get negative alignment doesnt mean they will go complete commando, a group can share kills and go to the limit without crossing the line. And having to buy a new character slot isnt all that negative unless the price is prohibitive (which alienates all players).

We will see when we get a chance to see all the people who bought YO getting onto the server, that will be the initial 'test' not only for the game itself but the attitudes and approaches the community is going to take/

I hope you enjoy the MMO. The resources do not respawn but I doubt we will run low anytime soon.