Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Your First 5 Hours in Life is Feudal MMO (1080p) - Life is Feudal Videos - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited April 2017 in Videos Discussion

imageYour First 5 Hours in Life is Feudal MMO (1080p) - Life is Feudal Videos - MMORPG.com

This video is a guide to what players of Life is Feudal: MMO can expect to encounter during the first five hours of play. Starting as a peasant, players will need to gather resources to set up a camp and a campfire, then forage for food and build tools. Soon, players will socialize with one another, working together to gather resources and build a home. Finally, players working together will divide up duties, be it hunting, gathering, defending their village or attacking others'.

Read the full story here

Comments

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    LOL I will install it again and see how it plays :3.
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    Is the full MMO yet or still the limit 60 per server thing?
    edited April 2017
    BruceYee said:
    Is the full MMO yet or still the limit 60 per server thing?
    Wait is this using servers last time I played was alpha I am not sure I uninstalled it because back then it was garbage, not sure about now but I paid for it so ill try it again.
  • RasiemRasiem Member UncommonPosts: 318
    The full mmo is upto 10000 players per server. I have a few buddies in the beta that say be ready for it because this will be a huge one, apparently its a great game.

• WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464
    The gameplay looks okay. Personally, I'd like to see some non-sandbox elements -- like Character Advancement, NPC's, Quests, and Bosses -- mixed in with all of that sandbox stuff.

If all there is to do is Harvest, Craft, Building, and PvP, I'm going to pass.
    --------------------------------------------
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,915
    Is this an Indy it does not look too bad.

• AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615
    I have this game and played it back then when there were barely any people on the server. I'm curious to know how it looks and plays now.
    If it's better maybe we can get some people together to make a small group or guild on a server.
    :)

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Would jump in a survival game if they did one in a fantasy setting. This looks awesome in quality but I find the dark ages a little morbid for my likes.
  • DewulfDewulf Member UncommonPosts: 139

The gameplay looks okay. Personally, I'd like to see some non-sandbox elements -- like Character Advancement, NPC's, Quests, and Bosses -- mixed in with all of that sandbox stuff.

If all there is to do is Harvest, Craft, Building, and PvP, I'm going to pass.

RP and politics will be big thing in LiF MMO.
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    Are they still trying to sell access to the MMO part for $50?
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    I think Life is Futile is probably more appropriately named
  • DewulfDewulf Member UncommonPosts: 139
    edited April 2017

Nyctelios said:

Avanah said:

I have this game and played it back then when there were barely any people on the server. I'm curious to know how it looks and plays now.

If it's better maybe we can get some people together to make a small group or guild on a server.

I'm trying to convince my fellow Salem players to hop over this one. Let's see if it works out.

How is the overall length of crafting in comparison to other activities?

Crafting takes lots of time in this game, if you intentions is just to play for one day, forget it. There is loooong progress in the crafting and you will need people with you if you want to craft everything in the game. It has the best crafting when compared to any other survival game in my opinion, there is always something to look forward to and once you achieve something, it feels really good.

If I remember right, it took like a month or two for my group to make decent village with lots of buildings and stuff.
  • SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775

Dewulf said:

Nyctelios said:

Avanah said:

I'm trying to convince my fellow Salem players to hop over this one. Let's see if it works out.

Crafting takes lots of time in this game, if you intentions is just to play for one day, forget it. There is loooong progress in the crafting and you will need people with you if you want to craft everything in the game. It has the best crafting when compared to any other survival game in my opinion, there is always something to look forward to and once you achieve something, it feels really good.

If I remember right, it took like a month or two for my group to make decent village with lots of buildings and stuff.

its basically a modern day version of Wurm Online. Even though to be fair Wurm is still pumping out content, its just the graphics on wurm makes it feel very dated.
    If wurm had these graphics

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

Uninstalled it again as soon as I saw its going to be private server run and no data shared across servers.
    Renoaku said:
    Uninstalled it again as soon as I saw its going to be private server run and no data shared across servers.
    you downloaded and installed the wrong one. The Life is Fuedal MMO version came out just a few months ago

Avanah said:
    This is not the same game and there are currently WAY!! more things to do that simply cant be talked about atm. The MMO is still not out guys.
    Dewulf said:

Nyctelios said:

Avanah said:

Also keep in mind this is not a title that is meant for you to be self sufficient you can play alone or with a few friends and build just fine where ever you want then travel to player made cities to sell your wares.  
  • OyjordOyjord Member UncommonPosts: 568
    If a solo PvE'r can manage to not get ganked ever 5 minutes, this might be worth checking out. Otherwise, I refuse to be fodder for the maladjusted.
    edited April 2017
    Oyjord said:
    If a solo PvE'r can manage to not get ganked ever 5 minutes, this might be worth checking out. Otherwise, I refuse to be fodder for the maladjusted.
    exactly!

This is what kept me away for the longest time because it does seem to be the focus (pvp). I have 'your own' played for a few hours but I dont think I am going to keep going namely because I am already so dug in with Wurm which has 15 years of content now, a LOT of content, just not pretty graphics

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    Yeah, the LiF MMO is still in closed testing. The "Your Own" is a sort of "alpha" before that. Think Shards Online -> Legends of Aria.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    I like!

This game is quite immersive for RP and things just happen flowing normally as gameplay, making it nice to play, as long there's a society on the game-servers that takes enough control to manage the peasants (and griefers that come with it).

Cool beans.
  • Saxx0nSaxx0n PR/Brand Manager BitBox Ltd.Member UncommonPosts: 999
    Yeah, the LiF MMO is still in closed testing. The "Your Own" is a sort of "alpha" before that. Think Shards Online -> Legends of Aria.

We are still loving Life is Feudal: Your Own as a full complete stand-alone game and will continue to improve it's quality as well. Keep in mind we released this 64 player version in November of 2015. I will also mention these updates and improvements have not been bundled in some type of DLC. Sharing the love with the players. ;)
  • goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    You saw pretty much the entirety of the game in the short video. There isnt much more to it then what they showed.
  • LIOKILIOKI Member UncommonPosts: 421
    Life is Tedious!

No F'n thank you. Real life sucks enough, why would I want to have a shitty life in a mmorpg too?
    SEANMCAD said:
    Renoaku said:
    you downloaded and installed the wrong one. The Life is Fuedal MMO version came out just a few months ago
    Wait which one do i need I have the Original one on steam, do I have to buy the other one now "Forest VIllage?"

Is there a trial or beta?