Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Final impression

xpsyncxpsync Member EpicPosts: 1,854
edited April 2017 in Mass Effect: Andromeda
I started out playing too excited, i raced as fast as i could to get going on the first planet, by the time i was on my second planet i only played 8 hours. STOP!!! This is not how you play this game. SLOW THE F@CK DOWN.
I don't know where this race mentality comes from? This game is journey, an experience to savoir and absorb.
After the first update which OMG why didn't they just release it like that in the first place, what an improvement! Pretty much nullified all bad reviews though, lol.
Anyway i deleted all my saves and started over, reading everything, always keeping up with new codex, journal entries, all data pads, recordings, items, completely exhausting ever spoken dialog with NPC's, if you played all the previous ME's and read the books, this is an ME game in every sense, the stuff you dig up is stunning.
I'm so glad i started over and slowed it way down, i liked the game before but now I'm fully sucked into the world, i feel much more invested in the characters, they really start to grow on you.
I spent 8 hours getting through to the second planet on my first run, my second run i spent 6.5 hours before i even set foot on Eos.
My final impression is; this is by far the best Mass Effect game yet, i think it's easier to say this if you played the originals trilogy countless times and read all 4 novels. This fresh beginning feel with what is over the horizon is to me so much better than the inevitable doom ending you knew was coming after the second game, if you were paying attention. Before i said I'm not sure if I'll ever play the original trilogy again, now i know i won't be, this is so much better.

My faith is my shield! - Turalyon 2022

Your legend ends here and now! - (Battles Won Long Ago)

Currently Playing; Dragonflight and SWG:L

Comments

• eddieg50eddieg50 Member UncommonPosts: 1,809
    still needs a better tutorial 
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Very satisfying end fight, but so many compelling mysteries unresolved: the benefactor... the murder mystery... the surprise cryo passenger... not to mention the many things we still don't know about the Khett and Remnant... Reddit is just buzzing with theory spoilers.

I thought the story really picked up and got much better as the game went along and the plot thickened and then thickened yet again.

Yeah, that story... the one the internet mob would have you believe is inferior to the previous 3 games. I am much more engaged wanting to know what happens next than I ever remember being at the end of any previous ME game. It feels almost like the end of a season in Game of Thrones :)
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• xpsyncxpsync Member EpicPosts: 1,854
    edited April 2017
    I read what you wrote but Oh so Slowly and carefully, i don't want any spoilers.

"buzzing with theory spoilers." I can't wait to join in on that... wait!!! hang on... slowwwww dooowwnnnn, yes, XD, almost forgot my own advice, but yeah i knew it was the chit within the first 30 minutes of gameplay.

Then i start noticing "bad" reviews, the only thing bad is the reviewers for letting down their audience. If anyone isn't joining in on this strictly due to bad reviews, well here's the truth, the game is f'ing amazing and you're totally missing out on a classic in the making.

I've not been this connected and deeply drawn into a game world in a long time, forgot how good it feels to forget everything, time slips away, only great games can do that!

My faith is my shield! - Turalyon 2022

Your legend ends here and now! - (Battles Won Long Ago)

Currently Playing; Dragonflight and SWG:L
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    I am happy to read what you wrote as I have yet to buy the game and it makes me happy that people are enjoying it as I hope to do so when I can buy the Deluxe edition as soon as it drops in price a little.