Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Earn Double XP from April 14-17 - WildStar - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited April 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageEarn Double XP from April 14-17 - WildStar - MMORPG.com

WildStar News - The WildStar team is ready to unleash another double XP weekend starting April 14th and ending on April 17th. During the "Double XP X-Plosion" event, all experience boosts through Signature membership will stack with the bonus given through the weekend.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• EsuarfeeeeEsuarfeeee Member UncommonPosts: 91
    nope. not after an exploit happened. smh carbine

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Can't put my finger on why I don't like this game. All the parts are good but just can't get into it.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• angaelsangaels Member UncommonPosts: 47
    I feel like I'm playing in a Ralph Bakshi cartoon.. But, much to my regret, not a good one.
  • AlverantAlverant Member RarePosts: 1,320

nope. not after an exploit happened. smh carbine

What exploit?
  • GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308
    edited April 2017

REd-Wind said:

What don't these companies understand? Look at wow they have the highest player base and they don't do pay would win.

They probably don't understand the term "pay would win."
  • shawnpatshawnpat Member UncommonPosts: 74
    edited April 2017
    Wildstar has NO pay to win aspects of the game, learn what you talk about when you try to dog a game people, and... .pay would win....funny, I guess........ and oh yeah, have you been in WoW lately, its dead mang, also WoW has a cash shop too, must be pay would win amiright ?
  • VicodinTacoVicodinTaco Member UncommonPosts: 804
    for 6 years I've never needed xp in a mmorpg
  • KrightonKrighton Member UncommonPosts: 111
    LOL literally 1 to 50 in 7 - 8 hours hard core or two weeks soft core casual. Whats the double XP for? Idiots?
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    The three people just joining WildStar this week are really going to appreciate this.
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    Didn't they just give us a free boosted toon? If that didn't work XP boost ain't going to help much neither. Have to think of other promotions to get people interested. 
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960
    Look, this MMO... it's passed on. It's no more! It has ceased to be! It's expired and gone to meet its maker! Bereft of players, it rests in peace! If it had a body to bury it'd be pushing up daisies! It's computational processes are now history! It's off the twig, kicked the bucket, run down the curtain and joined the friggin' choir invisible! THIS IS AN EX-MMO!

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    I feel for this game it is rather gorgeous and entertaining in a lot of ways. I believe if they hadn't been so hardcore and focused on the action combat more(mouselook mode should have been at launch feels much better) it would have had a more successful launch.

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    edited April 2017
    DMKano said:

Can't put my finger on why I don't like this game. All the parts are good but just can't get into it.

[..]
    The best features thrown together would still make a shit game.
    I wouldn't say shit, Wildstar is pretty fun, just... maybe incohesive? Systems and mechanics flying in from left and right, pile up on each other, but without much cohesion between the parts. Most of the parts are really good indeed, well-built and fun, but when cramped together...

I remember at start with my first character at around level 40 I was still just beginning to sort out that mess of a clusterf.ck  - and on a sidenote I love analysis and digging deep into systems, and I love to explore unique and differently built games (so not going into peonrage every time I see something not exactly a 1:1 wow replica :lol: ), but Wildstar was a mess. Really great systems and ideas (housing is one of the bests, Path system and the cooperation between the 4 Paths is fun), but overall it lacked one clear direction and focus.

To their favor they did quite some changes over the years, I went back at the level 50 character giveaway and started a new one from scratch to see the result, it is much better now (or maybe just I'm more familiar with the different parts :wink: ). Attribute revamp is good for example, even if I used to speak against dumbifications, since the old attributes layout was not better, just a mess :lol:

edit
    Dreamo84 said:
    I believe if they hadn't been so hardcore and focused on the action combat more
    sigh... what's with this everlasting crave after the craption combat? TSW just got killed for the same dumb idea... (I really don't get gamers of today, I think :neutral: )
  • MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    Why is the industry stuck on the idea that 2x experience will placate players, causing them to continue with the game, ignoring all the company's faults, guffaws, and FUBARs, and generally keeping the players happy.   We've grown.  Where's our 47x experience?  We're pretty sure your level designs will accommodate 47x XP without any significant disruption to the game.

(don't play this game, never even tried it)

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    I love the art style and I like the game but for the combat but it constantly amazes me that this game is still going on. I would love to play it but the combat thoroughly turned me off.

• Moxom914Moxom914 Member RarePosts: 731
    i would try it again if it released on console

• AlverantAlverant Member RarePosts: 1,320
    Po_gg said:
    sigh... what's with this everlasting crave after the craption combat? TSW just got killed for the same dumb idea... (I really don't get gamers of today, I think :neutral: )
    So what's the alternative to "action combat"? The only other one I know about is tabbed targeting and people seem to have a hate-on for that too.
  • cheeseheadscheeseheads Member UncommonPosts: 73
    wait i thought this game was for the "hardcore"
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Just amazing how this happens in almost all games but it is only the same few that keep getting media attention here and they question OUR skepticism as users.

Hardcore??The ONLY thing people talked about was the difficult Boss fights,that does NOT make a game and that is where Wildstar suffers,it PRETENDS to be a game.Gamer's are in a lot of cases finnicky to sad,they want a direct fast route to end game best loot and if anything slows them down or is too difficult,they move on to the next game doing the exact same thing.

Action or Tab??Well it depends at least to me how active or how in depth your combat is,you cannot have manual aiming if there is too many other keyboard presses to do,it is impossible and will make a game more cumbersome than anything.

So i guess i can understand why so many keep saying game>graphics,they don't care about EITHER,they only care about easy end game loot.I am beginning to think there is only a very small handful that actually want immersive role play gaming,everyone else wants something that is FAKE looking like hand holding and markers over npc heads,linear designs,instances,end game,btw since when does a role play game have an end game,well unless of course you actually die.
    So yeah i keep seeing horrible game designs over and over,yet people complain about the ridiculous end game stuff,well how about the RPG aspect of these games?

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    There is a saying that "the sum of the parts is greater than the whole".

However, in the case of Wildstar, somehow "the sum of the parts is LESS than the whole".

It just doesn't gel with most players, no amount of incentives will change that.
  • ApridiseApridise Member UncommonPosts: 72
    Every time I retry this game I still find broken quests, the starting dungeon doesn't explain that you will need to find a group on your own if you want to beat the first boss (where as later dungeons would pug you) and I always found the stories/dialog about as boring as similar games. In the end I felt it's pretty game, but the world is a bit dead most of the the time and compared to other games out there, the enjoyment factor has always been bit lower.