Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Had to come post.

PaRoXiTiCPaRoXiTiC Member UncommonPosts: 603
This game is pretty dang good. I've been playing GW2 since release and at this point I can't see myself going back. ESO just seems like an upgrade from GW2. It has the real feel of an Elder Scrolls game when you play solo and it's a great MMO when you want to group small for PvE or large for PvP. Already had some fantastic PvP battles. My only complaint so far is going to be the camera angles since you have to actually aim at your target to land skills. Very tough camera angle to aim with at times. 

Comments

• ianicusianicus Member UncommonPosts: 665
    its a quality game, just couldnt keep me interested.
    "Well let me just quote the late-great Colonel Sanders, who said…’I’m too drunk to taste this chicken." - Ricky Bobby
  • xpsyncxpsync Member EpicPosts: 1,854
    Agreed OP the game got good, like damn good with update 12 when it became a world. ATM though i'm spending all my time in Andromeda.
    My faith is my shield! - Turalyon 2022

Your legend ends here and now! - (Battles Won Long Ago)

Currently Playing; Dragonflight and SWG:L
  • LIOKILIOKI Member UncommonPosts: 421
    You're right on everything, and yet I find it so damn boring. It's just hum drum? I dunno.
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    It has it's warts like anything else but there's just so damn much content and it's all always relevant unlike most mmos where things become invalid every couple of months.

ZoS is doing the right thing by building upon the game rather than just replacing one thing for another every so often.

Of course, then there's the constant skill balance issues (not game-breaking just not perfect) XD.  One day they'll nail that down...one day
  • rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    Theyre slashing prices on everything. Doom and gloomers think it foretells of the Apocalypse. But a more logical feeling would be that people that can do math see they can get into the game for about 100 dollars and have the gold edition (which gives all but one DLC) and also buy three 5500 crown packs and be way ahead of the game.

Even if youre progressed into the game now is the time people have to dust off their calculator watches and do some math and see how much buying crowns saves them over subbing. Especially if they own all the DLCs anyway. Because then all a sub gets you is the crafting bag, which while nice isnt 'worth' it. But thats opinion I suppose.
  • ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    edited April 2017
    PaRoXiTiC said:
    This game is pretty dang good. I've been playing GW2 since release and at this point I can't see myself going back. ESO just seems like an upgrade from GW2. It has the real feel of an Elder Scrolls game when you play solo and it's a great MMO when you want to group small for PvE or large for PvP. Already had some fantastic PvP battles. My only complaint so far is going to be the camera angles since you have to actually aim at your target to land skills. Very tough camera angle to aim with at times. 
    I was very quickly bored of GW2 (around level 32 when I had all skills I wanted and didn't see any character progression), and ESO I didn't really give a serious try even though I did pre-order it. Just could not get past 2 months of playing.

Now on the PS4 (I gave up on PC gaming for health reasons - mouse/keyboard gaming is too fatiguing for me) I'm playing ESO again and loving it. Gotta say that there have also been quite some updates since release and the game feels pretty solid.

About the camera, you're partially right. At release it indeed was a problem - either go 1st person or take your best shot in 3rd person (pun intended). But now there's an option in the settings menu (at least for PS4, but I figure it's there for PC/XB1 as well) to adjust your camera in 3rd person. I've been able to set it just next to my characters head and it works perfectly - much like I was used in other action MMOs.

rodarin said:
    Even if youre progressed into the game now is the time people have to dust off their calculator watches and do some math and see how much buying crowns saves them over subbing. Especially if they own all the DLCs anyway. Because then all a sub gets you is the crafting bag, which while nice isnt 'worth' it. But thats opinion I suppose.
    Hahaha. I was thinking last week to grab a sub for the extra XP boost (optionally - don't rly wanna rush) and the crowns. But today I bought the 5.5K crown pack for only €21 instead of the €35 it is normally. Sad to see that they didn't add the discount to subs either though :(
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    Reizla said:
    PaRoXiTiC said:
    I was very quickly bored of GW2 (around level 32 when I had all skills I wanted and didn't see any character progression), and ESO I didn't really give a serious try even though I did pre-order it. Just could not get past 2 months of playing.

Now on the PS4 (I gave up on PC gaming for health reasons - mouse/keyboard gaming is too fatiguing for me) I'm playing ESO again and loving it. Gotta say that there have also been quite some updates since release and the game feels pretty solid.

About the camera, you're partially right. At release it indeed was a problem - either go 1st person or take your best shot in 3rd person (pun intended). But now there's an option in the settings menu (at least for PS4, but I figure it's there for PC/XB1 as well) to adjust your camera in 3rd person. I've been able to set it just next to my characters head and it works perfectly - much like I was used in other action MMOs.

rodarin said:
    Hahaha. I was thinking last week to grab a sub for the extra XP boost (optionally - don't rly wanna rush) and the crowns. But today I bought the 5.5K crown pack for only €21 instead of the €35 it is normally. Sad to see that they didn't add the discount to subs either though :(

Meh, I sub because it has nice perks and it basically gives you your subs-worth in crowns to spend which not very many other (I cant think of any actually) games do.  It's nice to have my sub running and after a few months look at something I REALLY want from the cash shop and not have to pay more money for it.

I picked up a 5,500 crown pack because it's on sale but will keep my sub to help support the game steadily as well.
  • PaRoXiTiCPaRoXiTiC Member UncommonPosts: 603
    edited April 2017
    I'm just shocked at the PvP and how it's not so much of a zerg fest. Very strategic game. For example I got into a pretty serious group of about 10 players and to keep the story short there was a large Blue Zerg defending a certain keep and we went and took whatever was in the middle to cut off their spawn to that keep. As we began assault on the keep they got cocky with their numbers and started to push out on us and we wiped them and took the keep. It was a good 25-30 dead players around us. Haven't had that much fun in an MMO PvP since the first week of Guild Wars 2 WvWvW.

I do have a complaint with the PvE as I am stuck on my "Main Story" quest and it just says to go to a couple other zones, but does not tell me what I need to do there. It's called like Caldwells "Something" quest.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

PaRoXiTiC said:

I'm just shocked at the PvP and how it's not so much of a zerg fest. Very strategic game. For example I got into a pretty serious group of about 10 players and to keep the story short there was a large Blue Zerg defending a certain keep and we went and took whatever was in the middle to cut off their spawn to that keep. As we began assault on the keep they got cocky with their numbers and started to push out on us and we wiped them and took the keep. It was a good 25-30 dead players around us. Haven't had that much fun in an MMO PvP since the first week of Guild Wars 2 WvWvW.

The thing about PVP in ESO is that there is enough there so that it's never the same even for those who want to do it "by the book" and try to always do the same thing the same way.

I've been involved in massive keep battles that have lasted 2 or 3 hours, I've defended with less than 10 against 40 and been successful, I've had many small scale skirmishes and massive 60 vs. 60 fights... every day is different.

Best of all, it's all about grouping (you can solo too but that's not why I go there) and reacting on the fly, both of which are rare in the heavily scripted MMOs we play these days.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000

PaRoXiTiC said:

I do have a complaint with the PvE as I am stuck on my "Main Story" quest and it just says to go to a couple other zones, but does not tell me what I need to do there. It's called like Caldwells "Something" quest.

The PvE basically ends at lvl fifty so they want you to do the silver and gold quest which is basically leveling in the other two factions zones.  A good way to create new content by just eliminating separate factions and allowing the player to level in every PvE area.

I just got the dark brotherhood dlc and had the thief  dlc but never used it, so now I'm playing both.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• EhllfhireEhllfhire Member UncommonPosts: 633
    It wont look so good when morrowind drops, its NGE/TSW legends all over.

Any graphical, audio, or gameplay restrictions not seen in other mmos but found in FFXIV can be blamed on one thing.
    PS3

• guizicaguizica Member UncommonPosts: 8
    I felt like that when I stopped playing ESO and started GW2.

I really liked ESO when I started playing it, there was so much things to be done. But the endgame made me quit, since there wasn't much to do besides repeating few dungeons constantly. Also the way ZOS handles it and how expensive the game can be if you are serious about it.