Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Banned, But innocent

Comments

• TsaboHavocTsaboHavoc Member UncommonPosts: 435
    either way, its time to move on bro
  • jdnewelljdnewell Member UncommonPosts: 2,237

Time to say F**k it and move on.

Keep trying to get your account back through emails, but dont hold your breath. Trying to convince people on these forums you didnt cheat will make not one iota of difference.

• mbrodiembrodie Member RarePosts: 1,504

i just realised.. Planetside 2... why dont you play on AU servers, i get like 12ms... starting to wonder here.

• netglennetglen Member UncommonPosts: 116
    Found this on their official forums and Reddit.

OP Busted on Reddit
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/64o8b5/account_permanently_terminated_for_community/
    Eagle Eye Reddit Reader Spotted Something Fishy
    "On Reddit he states
    "I thought the same earlier but i am living in Germany"
    But on the linked forum
    "I'm in Australia, calling them is not really an option."
    Take that as you will, but there is some inconsistencies in his story" billy1928 on Reddit

The OP than tried to defend themselves.
    "I have no idea what you are talking about! I am not from Australia and i am Playing almost every night if my schedule allows it.
    I have not said anywhere "For the record i only started playing ps2 again after a long hiatus on monday." Also i have no idea what linked account you mean! Do me a favour and post the link you are talking about." AndiSel1976 on Reddit

Now for the reply for the link.
    "You lying f******d
    http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/432301/banned-but-innocent#uwp7CuhbGx9uSHGc.99
    Its literally the 5th post! you stated to be in austraila! and you also stated "For the record i only started playing ps2 again after a long hiatus on monday" in that same f******g thread. PAGE 3, LAST POST. deals over, BANNED AND VANNED CYA" dream8 on Reddit

"And he was living in australia and suddenly he lives in germany." Brennos67 on Reddit

"Wait i thought u were in austrailia w0t" Lavacharger on Reddit

OP was caught editing their PS2 and Reddit post
    "And hopefully the last time, cya!
    EDIT: I see you edited your original post, why the f*** would you even link to someone else on a other forum? To prove your ticket isnt the same as his ticket? 1/10, your responsible for this confusion. and i take nothing back." dream8 on Reddit

Looks like the OP didn't cover their tracks on Reddit
    "Hi Mark, I thought the same earlier but i am living in Germany and DayBreak is based in the US so it might be a little difficult to sue them. Having said that i will do some research on suing them and my chances of success. All I can say is that in all the time I have been playing PS2 that I never ever used a hack or cheat." AndiSel1976 on Reddit

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    Bit necro-ish but I do like this update.

My only experience with Reddit was similar where I was accused of being a sexual offender constantly harrassing a girl.
    So all I did was providing some screenshots that I did nothing but calling out a scammer who was constantly asking for items.

The pitchfork squad quickly changed their mind.. mostly.. the mod asked the OP for proof which the OP refused to post. So the mod closed the thread and was then being threatened by the OP just like I was.

Reddit is quite an experience.
    Harbinger of Fools
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    Well I am not sure if its true but I hear rumors that "Day Break Games" Banned a bunch of long time Planet Side 2 vets and accused them of hacking, not saying this is the case here because I don't know but a reputable clan I was in was talking about this on Comms.
  • centkincentkin Member RarePosts: 1,527
    One thing you learned here though is this:

NEVER EVER register multiple accounts/games under the same address.  It is too many eggs in one basket such that if you are ever hacked, or manage to hit a metric, you don't lose just the one account, you lose them all. 

This is one thing that scares me about Steam.  It just becomes too many eggs in the same basket.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited April 2017
    I like the way devs work above the law,guilty until proven otherwise.They also as in this case THINK it looks definitive.
    IP address should be the tell all,geesh Google sent me an email notice on my other account that an ip from japan had accessed my account so they shut it down.

There should only be 2 ways to allow ANY changes,email or phone call.As to in game cheating,the IP address should be an EASY tell.

FYI ..recently a few internet browsers will post if a site/page is secure and many are not secure.This site for example had their pages with users personal information as NOT secure 3 months after it went into effect,so i wonder how long it went on before the browsers began posting it.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    edited April 2017
    I understand this is a necro, so let's have a seance! :)

It's like getting arrested and the coppers won't say what are your charges because it would help you in your future crimes.

To be honest, nothing justifies that. I prefer to live in a society that criminals have the upper hand instead of putting people in prison without telling anyone why.

Yeah we can talk about how it is their game and they don't have to apply any ethics but their own but I don't support that and fuck any company that treats people like this.

And lads, I understand it is fun to play the detective. But you have to give people the benefit of the doubt. And believe me, sometimes people can be innocent. There were innocents getting the electric chair. Surely a mistake can happen in a video game as well. And it's not like every employee is concerned about the paying customers especially with the salaries and the shit of a treatment the support staff get.

Even if anyone you have ever faced before turned out to be a cheater, doesn't justify your prejudice in this case.

I didn't follow up to learb if the dude was a cheater or not, but my statement stands either way! ;)
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    I will lend a hand.. I expect a long time ago the OP tried to use a auto hotkey macro to remove recoil. This is very popular in the battlefield games and is not detected. However I believe battle eye can detect it if it is running.
  • chukekle1chukekle1 Member UncommonPosts: 33
     Why do cheaters always come onto forums crying when they get ban like any of us buy it. You got caught, move on cause as they have said already in the responses, they have plenty of evidence to keep you perm banned and that will never change.
  • AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    Chargeback and start again so you get your money back. Although that's a scummy thing to do. I would if I got randomly perma banned from a game.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

Akulas said:
    Chargeback and start again so you get your money back. Although that's a scummy thing to do. I would if I got randomly perma banned from a game.
    Well yeah I felt the same way when I got banned recently for unknowingly breaking Albion Online's Terms OF Service by trading across games I should have charged back the $75 I paid them, and I still feel that being a member for over 3 years in good standing and getting banned for one minor thing was stupid but charging back would have possibly ruined a future appeal I think it could still be on the table maybe a few months or year down the road slightly.

But being honest is the first step if you did do something wrong even if you did cheat with auto hot key for example to reduce recoil being honest is the first step towards getting unbanned doesn't mean it will be successful, but if your sure you have zero% Chance, Feel free to charge back your bank for non delivery of goods /services.

After filing a charge back its up to the company to prove the goods were delivered to the bank, in which case if they banned your account or can't prove they delivered your goods you get your cash back...

If they have a complaint they have to settle in a court afterwards.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Renoaku said:
    Akulas said:
    Well yeah I felt the same way when I got banned recently for unknowingly breaking Albion Online's Terms OF Service by trading across games I should have charged back the $75 I paid them, and I still feel that being a member for over 3 years in good standing and getting banned for one minor thing was stupid but charging back would have possibly ruined a future appeal I think it could still be on the table maybe a few months or year down the road slightly.

But being honest is the first step if you did do something wrong even if you did cheat with auto hot key for example to reduce recoil being honest is the first step towards getting unbanned doesn't mean it will be successful, but if your sure you have zero% Chance, Feel free to charge back your bank for non delivery of goods /services.

After filing a charge back its up to the company to prove the goods were delivered to the bank, in which case if they banned your account or can't prove they delivered your goods you get your cash back...

If your account was banned due to contravening EULA by hacking etc. then Chargeback will fail 100%.
    edited April 2017
    Phry said:
    Renoaku said:
    Akulas said:

If your account was banned due to contravening EULA by hacking etc. then Chargeback will fail 100%.
    Depends on your bank With my bank, and only ever filing one charge back, for a company that flat out lied to me and refused to refund, so I got it back was only like $150, and that is one charge back out of like thousands of transactions...

When you go into a good bank, they take a look at the transactions, how many times you have ever filed a dispute everything, It doesn't matter if I cheated, or hacked a game for example, Lets just say I hacked (X) game and got banned shortly after paying for Digital Currency, They are going to have to legally prove they delivered the currency, and that I have access to it to the bank, If they say it was banned for violation of the Terms OF Service, they would have to show proof that I actually violated this, otherwise its my word against theirs, and this is where a court comes in, but chances are they will just likely process the refund of $20 or $100 spent because for them to go to court its going to cost them more anyways. And then considering that (X) person is telling the truth, and no proof of hacks are found or proven in court, then Guess who has to pay the court fees.

So generally speaking I could have gotten my $75 back I just choose not to because I did violate the section in a different game totally unrelated to this one, and because its possible they might let me back later without being such jerks, but charging back wouldn't help that possible chance.

And the worst that happens usually, is you get your money back, and then the bank takes it back, however what you do in that case is "Charge Back" don't spend the funds until you get an all clear notice from your bank.

This is similar to a company over-seas, who tried to say I didn't cancel my service and kept increasing the price saying I owed them money, I just tear up the letters they send me now I did get in touch with them made it clear I cancel, and contacted PayPal, and even they confirmed I indeed cancel because its got the date of my Cancellation there, if they wan't to take it to court so be it, I did offer just to pay the small fee to shut them up, But they kept trying to scam me and they got many complaints about them online so whatever.

There is always the chance that they could take it to a court after filing a charge back if they really wanted to, but assuming you are telling the truth, and didn't actually hack, then they denied you access to your goods, and you are okay, but if you lie in court and get caught you would be in contempt I think its called lying under oath.
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    edited April 2017
    Rhoklaw said:
    Yeah, I got both my 10+ year old accounts banned because apparently I didn't remove my payment info or cancel my subscription properly and got charged for 2 year long subscriptions last August. So I did a charge back since I hadn't played a DayBreak game in over 10 months. Yeah, I did the lazy man approach to getting my money back because I guarantee you, they would of said nope. I say that because if they had any honest business ethics, they'd send a reminder at least a day before charging you. This is why it's normal procedure for me to remove payment info or cancel immediately after subscribing yearly subscriptions. Game companies don't care about us.
     In that situation you were the one not being honest as you're omitting it's your responsibility to keep track of your sub/payments, not the other way around. That wasn't the lazy man's approach, it's a lot more about accepting the responsibility in that situation. Played in 10 months or not...

This is a major problem with today's society, personal responsibility is gone, no one uses experiences as a lesson learned, they go for whatever shady loophole they can find to escape the consequence. Then have the audacity to talk about the company's dishonest ethics.....How hard is it to double check that you're unsubbed? Or when the next billing date is? 

Post edited by Distopia on

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,403
    edited April 2017
    Live n learn,  I remember one day long long ago I was in the back alley outside a club smoking some ganja when along came a couple cops...they gave us a warning took our ganja and pipe.

We didn't whine and cry about it and walked back to get more ganja and on the way saw the cops parked in the local nearby park smoking our nice,  nice ganja...life is unfair but like I said live and learn and move on.

:)

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

Rhoklaw said:
    Yeah, I got both my 10+ year old accounts banned because apparently I didn't remove my payment info or cancel my subscription properly and got charged for 2 year long subscriptions last August. So I did a charge back since I hadn't played a DayBreak game in over 10 months. Yeah, I did the lazy man approach to getting my money back because I guarantee you, they would of said nope. I say that because if they had any honest business ethics, they'd send a reminder at least a day before charging you. This is why it's normal procedure for me to remove payment info or cancel immediately after subscribing yearly subscriptions. Game companies don't care about us.
    Why would a game company give a damn about you when you clearly don't care about them or even extending them the common courtesy of asking them first, you made the mistake, you could have said this to Daybreak, but instead you arbitrarily decided that they had to pay for your mistake? and your excuse is game companies don't care about us? seriously O.o
    t0nyd said:
    You guys act like developers don't make mistakes. I remember buying dark fall and being charged twice for it. I had my wow account hacked, got it back and a couple days later was  banned for cheating. I'm like seriously, I just got the damn account back. Another hour with customer service and my account was back to normal. Is it that hard to check and see that after 3 years of subbing with all my playtime from the same indy IP, all of a sudden I'm logging in from China... Heh. But yea, that was me cheating, from China... 

Of course someone who was cheating would never think of using a service like Tunnel Bear :p
    t0nyd said:
    You guys act like developers don't make mistakes. I remember buying dark fall and being charged twice for it. I had my wow account hacked, got it back and a couple days later was  banned for cheating. I'm like seriously, I just got the damn account back. Another hour with customer service and my account was back to normal. Is it that hard to check and see that after 3 years of subbing with all my playtime from the same indy IP, all of a sudden I'm logging in from China... Heh. But yea, that was me cheating, from China... 

Well yeah developers sometimes make mistakes I can understand that for example being charged on "Skyforge" Twice they refund my payment though and fixed it, and I haven't really ever had an issue of a game billing me after I cancel, but then there are those developers and companies who are just flat out jerks to people lets just say I have only met one in the last 15 or so years that is like this, and as much as I hate "Day Break Games" myself for having really shitty development teams my opinion, I haven't had an issue of being banned for hacking or cheating.

Also yes I remember my compromised wow accounts because of an Addon I was using at the time with over 50+ other Add-ons "Blizzard" as  much as I don't like wow these days had  great customer service at recovering with one phone call, and they reverted everything like instantly goes to show some companies have great support compared to (NCsoft) using Rootkits on people and unable to restore data on my Old Lineage 2 account due to someone abusing an exploit and logging into my account when it went Free 2 Play.
  • YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    One thing is for sure: there is no way you can get 30-70ms ping to a US server from Australia, 200-300ms is the norm but it often spikes much higher.

Also, no idea if the OP was telling the truth, but I went through hell trying to get PS2 to work. It wouldn't launch properly so I had to send support all this info on my computer. They told me I had some program installed that could get me banned from all SOE games but couldn't fix the launcher issue; in the end I found some workaround on the forums and got to play. 
    YashaX said:
    One thing is for sure: there is no way you can get 30-70ms ping to a US server from Australia, 200-300ms is the norm but it often spikes much higher.

Also, no idea if the OP was telling the truth, but I went through hell trying to get PS2 to work. It wouldn't launch properly so I had to send support all this info on my computer. They told me I had some program installed that could get me banned from all SOE games but couldn't fix the launcher issue; in the end I found some workaround on the forums and got to play. 
    Well not sure what program that would be but I have a lot of programs on my computer that can be used to somewhat cheat games that could get me banned but haven't got banned.

For example "Asus" Boards come with "Keybot", as well as "Sonic Radar" some companies not all complain about VPN services like "Hide My Ass" or other various programs such as "Tiny Task" or "Logitech Macro / Mouse Macro Software." Generally they could all get you banned especially if you send in a support ticket and they tell you this.

But I think they are more looking for those using actual hacks to cheat the game.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    It takes quite a bit of reading but the OP in the reddit thread is not the same person as the poster in this one.

He linked this thread to show the differences between the email this poster received which contained direct comments from Daybreak on cheating vs the reddit poster who claims his was different.

Hard to say as OP has been edited several times but people viewing cached versions say he changed his character level from 110 to 106 (possibly an honest mistake initially) but no one claims he modified the Daybreak email.

I don't know if the guy on reddit is guilty or not, he seems quite sincere and his story really isn't inconsisent through the shitstorm of posts there.

But it does appear he is not the poster on this site and this necro thread should be put to its final rest.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    Renoaku said:
    YashaX said:

Well not sure what program that would be but I have a lot of programs on my computer that can be used to somewhat cheat games that could get me banned but haven't got banned.

For example "Asus" Boards come with "Keybot", as well as "Sonic Radar" some companies not all complain about VPN services like "Hide My Ass" or other various programs such as "Tiny Task" or "Logitech Macro / Mouse Macro Software." Generally they could all get you banned especially if you send in a support ticket and they tell you this.

But I think they are more looking for those using actual hacks to cheat the game.
    Yeah, I think it was a vpn they were complaining about, was quite a while back now.
  • centkincentkin Member RarePosts: 1,527
    Rhoklaw said:
    Actually this is one thing I hated about SoE wallet back in the time.  I had figured I had turned off recurring on a game that I had played all of once and didn't enjoy.  It must not have gone through and the first notice I got of it was about 8 months later with a notice from SoE that my wallet was empty. 

They were no help at all and happily kept all of my money. 

It was a bad move on their part because I had more than enough to pay for an expansion to Everquest 2 and I had planned to come back to Everquest 2 for that expansion, BUT I wasn't going to give them another $44 or whatever it was after they did what they did. 

I don't know how much money they actually lost in the long run but it was more than what they took.