Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LFGame, mmo or non mmo, single player.

Elevenb4Elevenb4 Member UncommonPosts: 362
edited April 2017 in LFGame
I've taken a long break from MMO's now. i had been rotating between WoW, EQ2 and SWTOR for the past couple years. This last go around, I just didn't care for them at all. That was right after Christmas. Since then I thought I would go through my steam library and finish some games. I've finished a handful, most notably I think is the Mass effect series 1-3, which I really enjoyed. 

Anyways, I'm looking for somethign else to play that would really take up some hours, be it a single player game or MMO. I've started in Dragon Age Origins, but after creating a character and getting about 10 hours in, and then realizing I'm not liking the class I chose at all, I'm not looking to just start fresh again and go through all the story I've already gone through. So I'll probably come back to it in a few weeks. Last two MMO's I've tried and didn't really enjoy was FFXIV and ESO, but that was also right after I started realizing I was hitting MMO burnout. 

The types of games I'm really looking at atm is a survival game maybe that caters to the single player. I played Ark and liked it, but as you know, you hit a wall when playing single player because of the sheer amount of resources needed for stuff. Maybe a good rpg or even another, newer MMO. I really enjoyed Planetbase also just for the casual play.

Looking for any suggestions at all really. Thanks ;)

-Unconstitutional laws aren't laws.-

Post edited by Elevenb4 on

Comments

• Elevenb4Elevenb4 Member UncommonPosts: 362
    Can't edit my original post, not sure why... anyways, I was going to say, this is the longest I've been away from MMO's since like 2008 so even though it's only been about 4-5 months, that's really long for me. 

• MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    Well, there's The Long Dark, the new survival game on Steam.  I know, it's early access, but several people have recommended it to me as a very solid, feature-filled, fun game.  Very Positive rating out of 21K reviews.  Probably worth it at $19.99.  The only reason I haven't bought it is that I have a backlog of Steam games to play.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/305620
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    Kinda unrelated to what you asked but give Souls series a try, not MMO but it is damn hard to survive! ;) You can easily put in 700 hours in all 3 + DLC. 
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited April 2017
    Since you didnt specify platform i will only mention games that are also available on PC. Witcher 3, Metal Gear Solid 5: Phantom Pain, Nier Automata, the Dark Souls trilogy with all dlc, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, Rise of the Tomb Raider.

So many good games we would be all night here listing them.

If you like Diablo i totally recommend the reboot of Gauntlet, i'ts really fun and you can play coop with friends, just like back in the day on the original NES.

• Elevenb4Elevenb4 Member UncommonPosts: 362
    Thanks all, these suggestions will easily get me started. Of those mentioned, I havent tried Dark Souls trilogy, Metal Gear Solid 5: Phantom Pain, Nier Automata, or The Long Dark. I'll probably start with The Long Dark, then go from there. 

Thanks again!

• OrionKnightOrionKnight Member UncommonPosts: 31
    MGS5, Fallout4 and Mass Effect :awesome: