Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Old Love EVE cannot die but i also cannot play it with these people.

Comments

• pantaropantaro Member RarePosts: 515
    Reskal said:
    People like you coming on to these forums to complain is what keeps these guys in business. I personally would like to thank you for your business. 

Always remember that if you cant afford to lose it, dont fly it.

Fly Safe o7.
    But to shut up, doesn't prevent them from griefing also. So eventually its better to complain as you call it, or just say your opinion to it.
    And hope there will be better days.
    For me its good to meet people here that don't like the griefer gameplay(EVE-pvp) also. So i know i'm not alone with it.

"Always remember that if you cant afford to lose it, dont fly it."

And this is as stupid as easy to say, excuse me. If i would care for this, i could not fly 90% of my ships.
    Know what ? I did not. Cause i could not afford to lose them. But this means i can do nearly nothing, know what i mean ?
    And now you have the reason i don't play EVE actually. Why should i ? Do i work for losing all i earned to griefers ?

No. But many people here do not understand that.
    I have very little interest in pvp at all and still fly whatever i want. I just accept the fact that i will probably lose ships but i dont go trying to beat ccp or eve players over the head with how they should make the game cater to me i just embrace what eve is meant to be.

your perspective is why you have PvPers go on epic "Carebear rants" you show up in their world and are pretty much saying hey guys can you make this world of warcraft in space just for lil ole me.

obviously you have accepted that the game just isnt for you and what your looking for not sure what you hope to gain at this point.
  • MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297
    Seems like you're the one doing the "epic rants"

Give me liberty or give me lasers

• ReskalReskal Member UncommonPosts: 57
    edited April 2017
    The problem is, that the griefplayers in this thread(not all obviously are that immature) never played eve in the old days.

Even the graphics was so different, it has an atmosphere. You not only had those big, white letters "Warping" written in Times New Roman..you had the black stripes at the bottom and the top, ike in those ancient widescreen movies.
    That and the revolutionary graphics quality (for those days, the ship models were fantastic compared with all other games) made eve a own story, a own biography deep in space.

In summer nights you stepped out of your house and looked up to the stars, thinking where is it , where i actually fly between the stars, sitting in a belt, and mining ?

It was such a cool and fascinating gameplay. What you know today is so poor like you abused, incited and left stupid kids yourself are.
    drachennwolf
  • Doc_P-HDDoc_P-HD Member UncommonPosts: 3
    Didn't read all the reactions on the first comment, but I fully agree with the fact that all so called PVE/PVP sandbox games after a while turn to the one that bring the most "real" money to the developers : PVP. I saw it happen also with a lot of other games as GW, GW2, more recently BDO : PVE-players build up their world in a slow way without (or nearly without) injecting "hard money : dollars, yen, euro's etc." because they don't instantly need them to buy better weapons, armor, skills ...
    What those companies forget is the fact that these PVP-lovers switch faster from game to game than PVE-players, as I found out in the past.
    FTP-games constantly need to have fresh money to develop and expand : that is a reasonable economical rule.
    But respect some basic rules for a game that you announce as PVE/PVP "on an equal base" and as well has an installation/download price as a monthly fee (who's one of the most expensive if you have more omega-accounts)!

edited April 2017

Doc_P-HD said:

Didn't read all the reactions on the first comment, but I fully agree with the fact that all so called PVE/PVP sandbox games after a while turn to the one that bring the most "real" money to the developers : PVP. I saw it happen also with a lot of other games as GW, GW2, more recently BDO : PVE-players build up their world in a slow way without (or nearly without) injecting "hard money : dollars, yen, euro's etc." because they don't instantly need them to buy better weapons, armor, skills ...
    What those companies forget is the fact that these PVP-lovers switch faster from game to game than PVE-players, as I found out in the past.
    FTP-games constantly need to have fresh money to develop and expand : that is a reasonable economical rule.
    But respect some basic rules for a game that you announce as PVE/PVP "on an equal base" and as well has an installation/download price as a monthly fee (who's one of the most expensive if you have more omega-accounts)!

Right said. The greedy pvp-kiddos pay hard bucks for the possibility to grief their fellow humans and companies appreciate that. Pity for the friendly and mature playstyle.

[mod edit]
    Post edited by Vaross on

Doc_P-HD said:

Counterpoint: the "PvP-lovers" are by far the most durable and loyal customers that CCP has. I passed my 10th year in EVE last September, and I am by no means exceptional.
    Indeed it's the "content consumers" who are the fly-by-night fickle customers. Not the PvPers who have few or no other MMOs.

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,381

Elsabolts said:

I would come back if CCP would come out with PVE only server. maybe one day, and Star Citizen is gonna put a hurt on them also. I think its time for the suits to take a hard look at things in Iceland.

I highly doubt Star Citizen will really put a hurt on them, unless you mean the pve oreinted players, as SC is suppose to have harsh death penalties and killing other players and dieing yourself is suppose to be a bigger "event" than usaul in a mmorpg.

It not just going to be like ED where you get a rebuy screen, it will have a long term effects on your character and eventually your "toon" will die for realz.

Gankers and griefers are going to have a surprise I think when ALL the mechanics for this are in place, right now none are.

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    edited April 2017

Elsabolts said:

Humm, I figured out the above several years ago mining. I will not spend 15 $ a month to be ganked.

LOL I've never been ganked mining, But then I run a fleet of accounts in highsec when I did mine and my Orca is the support.
    pantaro
    And i forgot to mention the music, EVE had an own Audio Player with the list of soundtracks you could chose to hear which one. The music was something special also, what a fine ambient techno.
    That and the widescreen look and the big letters when warping(you warp often so you saw them often) made EVE online a piece of art and something very special.
    This is all gone and the ganker-homie-crapkids of today, that love ganking so much, without any sense of artistry or atmoshpere, those little hurt griefrobots know nothing and tell us what EVE is.
    Laughable.
    The music is still there - or were you perhaps hoping that no one would comment, such was your haste to shit-talk a game you no longer play and clearly know little about?

edited April 2017

Malcanis said:

The music is still there - or were you perhaps hoping that no one would comment, such was your haste to shit-talk a game you no longer play and clearly know little about?

I did not deny that its stil lthere, but the player is not there anymore.
    See the difference. With this player its not just music, it was tracks and they were named, so you knew them and could chose them.
    These days no names, no tracks, just tapestry sound. Its still the great music but its different.
    Like all the other things i mentioned, that the killerbrats of today will never know.
    It was the soul of EVE and it is gone forever.
    You're really clutching at straws now. Why not just accept that EVE is much as it ever was, and greatly improved in many ways, but it's just not a game that you want to play any more? I know it sucks to realise you're getting older and you aren't willing to spend the attention it takes - don't think I don't know that feeling myself, because I'll never see 40 again - but wouldn't that be much more mature of you to accept that about yourself rather than ranting and raving and embarrassing yourself by trying to deny easily checkable facts, on a 3rd party site?
    Kyleran

• MauriceMacouilleMauriceMacouille Member CommonPosts: 9
    Glad to see people finally understand what's been happening to this game: the business plan became selling accounts to both sadists and masochists, the former using alts to properly grief the latter who need alts too to try and evade griefers.

Hilarious to see Kyleran, former ganker apologist finally admitting to what he's been denying for years.
    Malcanis, still the same... whatever.
    GdemamiKyleranVesaviusdrachennwolf
  • calranthecalranthe Member UncommonPosts: 359
    edited May 2017
    I no longer play EVE but not because of anything the game or ccp did, real life just became too hectic for any mmorpg to have a place, I was there in early beta I fought against some of the biggest groups in EVE, I became part of one of the biggest groups in EVE, I was there when the first titan fell, I was there for the fall of NC, I was involved in nearly every Iconic battle, spent 20 hours in B-R, flew everything from a frigate to a capital into battle.

My first loss to pvp was a Raven, I had taken into low sec before I even knew what that meant, I was violated by a Dominix, I lost nearly everything almost left but on my way out the door I saw an advert from a group called Agony Unleashed who were running pvp courses, I also joined RVB I learnt the nature of EVE, I practised, devised tactics, lost a lot more ships but every battle was a learning experience, every loss taught me something new. I tried every aspect of EVE from mining and outpost defence to hacking.

EVE for me never ran out of content because even 10 years later every gate activation could mean something good or bad, I still felt it in the pit of my stomach every time I blind jumped into a system, PVP in no other game has ever interested me, never seen the point in PVP for "ranks" or scores, every time I enter into battle my ship is on the line, if I make a mistake then I get punished, if I mess up then the entire fleet I am with could suffer.

My favourite ship these days before I left was a Sabre my favourite role enemy fleet interdiction, allowing my own fleet to escape with a well timed bubble or stopping our enemy from leaving the field, hour spent 120+ away from the battle cloaked and aligned just waiting, listening to multiple channels, for that one moment when our FC needs me or I can save the day by doing something incredibly stupid.

Fleet interdiction and support is not for every one, you miss out on a lot of kills, you need courage and patience and you go into battle listening to Danger Zone, you are the one who jumps ahead of the fleet rushing to drop a bubble before an enemy fleet can escape knowing your chances of survival are less than 1% you are the one who stays behind as your fleet escapes dropping really annoying bubbles like gifts for those pursuing you and if you make a mistake you can doom 250 friends.

I was part of Goons in my later days, why did I join them, I was fighting them for almost a year in the IT wars, I looked beyond the rhetoric and saw some of the most amazing fighters I had ever seen, I looked beyond the psyops and spam and saw  the teamwork and friendship so years later when the offer came up I joined, these people that I met in real life who I trusted with my wife's illness and the leader who raised awareness for my wife and made the best birthday she has ever had.

It does not matter if you are a solo explorer or the biggest celebrity in EVE if you survive in that game, if you can adapt instead of demanding that the game adapt to you, if you can thrive in hostile space where everyone is actually after you then no matter which side you are on and what your eve life is like you have my respect.

I have not had time to log in since 2015 and I still miss it no game out there will ever compare, just wish circumstances had not changed both myself and wife could never really play another mmo.
    KyleranKrematory
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,373
    Glad to see people finally understand what's been happening to this game: the business plan became selling accounts to both sadists and masochists, the former using alts to properly grief the latter who need alts too to try and evade griefers.

Hilarious to see Kyleran, former ganker apologist finally admitting to what he's been denying for years.
    CCP apologist, maybe, but never have I defended griefers as I really don't understand the motivation behind their actions.

But then again I don't understand "hunting" live animals either, but many people enjoy it.

Probably heading back to EVE here in a few weeks, time to try something new though, just have to figure out what.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Kyleran said:

CCP apologist, maybe, but never have I defended griefers as I really don't understand the motivation behind their actions.

But then again I don't understand "hunting" live animals either, but many people enjoy it.

Probably heading back to EVE here in a few weeks, time to try something new though, just have to figure out what.

Well the recommendation for INIT remains. We're mining a whole bunch right now because we've been on campaign for literally a year, so that will feel familiar to you, but that phase won't last long. Then we'll go stir up some trouble :)
    Kyleran

• AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299
    Malcanis said:
    Kyleran said:

Well the recommendation for INIT remains. We're mining a whole bunch right now because we've been on campaign for literally a year, so that will feel familiar to you, but that phase won't last long. Then we'll go stir up some trouble :)

Keep it goin Malc, show that Panfam blue donut what's what. I might come back for the next campaign. Also, this is a fellow INIT member B)
    Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    edited May 2017
    Reskal said:
    I always loved Eve and i still do.
    My huge problem is the rotten community. Its not only bad or worse, its rotten and filthy inside. I'm not sure what they made like that, but as long as i dont have any safe places except sitting in a station in high sec i don't want to play EVE again.
    Earlier it was like: if you want pvp or game-without-any-rules, go 0.4 or below. 0.5 and above is safe. This was fair to play and you could choose what you like to do, but these days with all the suicide gankers and even if they lose more money then you when they kill you, they still want to get you..just because they know they have much more money then you..its not playable for normal human people.

Doing missions is the same: earlier you could make 1 or 2 hours of a big mission, collect the loot comfortably in a beatiful surrounding and bring all the stuff back home..or you bookmarked and  came back with a cargo ship. The last time i went into game you have people collect your loot while you fighting against mission mobs, salvaging your stuff while you still play the mission, they even dont wait until all enemies are down to steal your stuff.

And CCP did not care about that normal people, they supported gankers, griefers, thiefs, sickos of all kind and called this "pvp".

Very sorry, i still hope things change maybe because i want to play EVE again one day.
    Funny thing is i do remember back in Eve's early days 0.5 and above were truly safe areas. You could play your whole game time not worrying about it. You could also set your travel to always stay on safe routes. Man that was a long time ago. CCP just said forget it and turned the game over to the worse kinds of people.
    drachennwolf
  • simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607
    There have always been suicide gankers. Undocking in a shiny mission ship or mining half AFK has always been a bad idea. I fly in FW space solo 90% of the time with a frigate, make way more money than I could in high-sec, and actually play the game as opposed to the usual high-sec activities. I don't feel one bit of pity for people who never leave the "safety" of high-sec and think they can turn it into a giant ISK fountain with no risk. 
  • AltneroAltnero Member UncommonPosts: 3
    I never played eve, seems boring
  • simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607
    Kyleran said:

Have you tried living in a WH yet?
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,048
    I think sometimes and I am guilty of this too I just dwell on my memories. Then when I go back to a game and I play the game again and try to recreate my old experience with it. It never works. I know that it's a cliché to say you can never go back but there is some truth in it.
    Chamber of Chains
    Alomar said:
    Malcanis said:
    Kyleran said:

Keep it goin Malc, show that Panfam blue donut what's what. I might come back for the next campaign. Also, this is a fellow INIT member B)
    To name is to call!

Nancydot just moved to Gehi (right next to Querious). Sub up, log in mate.

Hariken said:
    Reskal said:
    I always loved Eve and i still do.
    My huge problem is the rotten community. Its not only bad or worse, its rotten and filthy inside. I'm not sure what they made like that, but as long as i dont have any safe places except sitting in a station in high sec i don't want to play EVE again.
    Earlier it was like: if you want pvp or game-without-any-rules, go 0.4 or below. 0.5 and above is safe. This was fair to play and you could choose what you like to do, but these days with all the suicide gankers and even if they lose more money then you when they kill you, they still want to get you..just because they know they have much more money then you..its not playable for normal human people.

Doing missions is the same: earlier you could make 1 or 2 hours of a big mission, collect the loot comfortably in a beatiful surrounding and bring all the stuff back home..or you bookmarked and  came back with a cargo ship. The last time i went into game you have people collect your loot while you fighting against mission mobs, salvaging your stuff while you still play the mission, they even dont wait until all enemies are down to steal your stuff.

And CCP did not care about that normal people, they supported gankers, griefers, thiefs, sickos of all kind and called this "pvp".

Very sorry, i still hope things change maybe because i want to play EVE again one day.
    Funny thing is i do remember back in Eve's early days 0.5 and above were truly safe areas. You could play your whole game time not worrying about it. You could also set your travel to always stay on safe routes. Man that was a long time ago. CCP just said forget it and turned the game over to the worse kinds of people.
    They were "safe" because they were empty! You're remembering a time when there was a 4-digit PCU.

There wasn't even a CONCORD at all when EVE launched, and it wasn't omnipotent until some time after it was introduced. CCP have done the exact opposite of what you said. I challenge you to link the expansion which contains the changes which prove me wrong if you can.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,373
    Malcanis said:
    Kyleran said:

The Initiative right?  Mostly a Euro Alliance as I recall, still true?  (US player here)

Kyleran said:

Have you tried living in a WH yet?
    Actually I did fly with a few WH corps back when they were first introduced to the EVE universe, but in recent years I've only used them as conduits for fast travel between empire and null sec.  I'm sure a lots changed in terms of what life is like living in them these days.

JamesGoblin

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon