Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2.3 Commanders Beta Test

rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
edited March 2017 in Elite: Dangerous
Just some stuff from the beta

Asteroid Stations

Internal Shot

Cinematic Cam

A gallery of new locations - https://imgur.com/a/n4F14

A gallery showiing the flexibility of the new camera suite - https://imgur.com/a/5J2Cs

Sunrise over New Caledonia

Messing with the character creator

2.3 changelog - https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/332399-2-3-The-Commanders-Beta-Changelog

Comments

• rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    A couple more.

Love the scale in this one

• KatillaKatilla Member UncommonPosts: 829
    I just want to get out of my ship and walk around :(
    Pretty cool helmet refrlection, makes the guy look alien-like

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    edited March 2017
    Katilla said:
    Apparently in the future walking around will no longer be possible.

Well, unless of course you are a Star Marine

;)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    Kyleran said:
    Is it confirmed? I hope it is....
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    Gdemami said:
    Kyleran said:
    Is it confirmed? I hope it is....

You hope it will no longer be possible ?

I hope it WILL be possible to walk around in Elite:Dangerous some time in the future. It would require some core system change however, as their current peer-to-peer structure would be too open for client side exploits. Frontier would need some kind of client-to-central-server structure for the avatar part of the game (especially if they consider FPS PvP with avatars).

Have fun  

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    Kyleran said:
    Katilla said:
    Well, unless of course you are a Star Marine
    ;)
    Well, they do have multi-crew capabilities in the beta.  It's a work in progress and not guaranteed to stay at the moment.  

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/335843-2-3-Beta-Update-2-01

"With the latest beta release (2.3 Beta 2.01), we’ve enable the new multicrew feature. We are aware of various issues that are revolving around multicrew currently. Please note that these issues will be fixed in due time. However, at this point, we’ve decided to allow our beta testers to have at it, so we can start compiling any additional issues that get reported. With a feature this complex, this is very much a beta test... we implore you to make sure you raise bug reports for problems you might encounter in our bug reports forum here.

As always, we’ll be closely monitoring the situation, and if it proves that multicrew has too many issues for the moment then we’ll disable it and hammer away at it some more for a future beta build."
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    Erillion said:
    Of course I do.

Hearing they were going for ground stuff was huge letdown for me and a reason I didn't buy the game at release...
  • bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044
    Gdemami said:
    Erillion said:
    Of course I do.

Hearing they were going for ground stuff was huge letdown for me and a reason I didn't buy the game at release...
    Oh then you will have zero interest in SC, right? Totally off your radar right? No reason to even stick around the forums eh? =)

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

edited March 2017
    Erillion said:

I hope it WILL be possible to walk around in Elite:Dangerous some time in the future. It would require some core system change however, as their current peer-to-peer structure would be too open for client side exploits. Frontier would need some kind of client-to-central-server structure for the avatar part of the game (especially if they consider FPS PvP with avatars).

Have fun  

Not sure whty you think it requires a core system change. Peer-to-peer for space legs would be no different than peer-to-peer for ship combat. By the looks of things Frontier are on top of any hacking/scripting at the moment so it probably won't change much when walking arrives.

Looking at this thread shows that the scripters are convinced that Frontier are detecting all scripting and issuing suspensions/shadow bans and permanent shadow bans - https://www.unknowncheats.me/forum/elite-dangerous/166924-elitelua-76.html

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    edited April 2017
    The Commanders Update 2.3 will be going live today.

The Elite Dangerous servers will be unavailable today until the new updates are live.

In the meantime there is a livestream starting at 14:00 BST on the Beta servers.

Full change logs: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/…/341916-2-3-The-Commanders-C…

Bild knnte enthalten 7 Personen Text

Have fun