Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Character Animations......

I know it's semi-early in development but, come on, the animations in this game look HORRID. Everything else looks great, but those animations make it look so damn goofy and amateur, I really hope they fix it!

Comments

• Mikey0114Mikey0114 Member Posts: 310
    Ok.....no I can't understand you...what you said just sounds a bit arrogant and foolish...I am sorry but you have to read more about the game before you make such a waste of a thread!

• AphexAphex Member Posts: 194
    which movies did you watch? If you watched the features movie, it was taken from an early alpha version with crappy animations. The last trailer (trailer 2, the one that tells a bit about the background story) looks a lot better imo.
  • tiboristotiboristo Member Posts: 5

In the trailer 2, the animation is bad but this is a alpha vidéo. In the trailer 3, animation is very better!!

And there are the time for améliorations ^^

• NisstyreNisstyre Member Posts: 33

Originally posted by Boonshniggle
    I know it's semi-early in development but, come on, the animations in this game look HORRID. Everything else looks great, but those animations make it look so damn goofy and amateur, I really hope they fix it!

How can you say it is early in dev, it is coming out in 2 months?? unless i am just a moron and reading the into wrong if so please forgive me.
  • FaemusFaemus Member Posts: 321
    2 months? Have they even started Beta yet?

-- I need a nerf --

• apocalanceapocalance Member UncommonPosts: 1,073

I don't think the OP is being arrogant just because he doesn't like the animations. I think he's expressing his opinion and looking for someone to discuss it with him or perhaps show better footage to sway his opinion.

so...

Originally posted by Faemus

2 months? Have they even started Beta yet?

Its been in beta for half a year or so already. The second phase of beta is starting soon, where all gameplay elements will be tested.

Still, I think it'll be at least 4 more months or so before the game comes out.
    Check the coming soon section of the official site. It says that the game is released in october.
  • shaeshae Member Posts: 2,509

Well, your either asing your oppinion off of in-game movie, in which case you should point out which one so we have at least a "clue" as to what the heck your talking about.

OR, your basing your oppinion as a beta member in which case your violating the NDA and hopefully your get yourself booted.

OR, your just trash talking our your ass.

Either way, if you knew better, you'd know that as of this point, Spellborn has some of the most amazing animation going right now.

• DMMDPDMMDP Member Posts: 15

Well from the movies the animations sure look weird. Stick-figures come to my mind. Although it could be that's still all placeholder-stuff, and not developed yet.

"I never said: Thou shalt not think!" --god

• ste3vunste3vun Member UncommonPosts: 24

pretty true :P But there isn't even been an open beta... And the guys in the closed beta say that it looks 10 times better in-game.

• jippyukjippyuk Member UncommonPosts: 95
    Doesnt the NDA Stop you *supposadly* from even saying your in the beta? :)

• RiftsawRiftsaw Member Posts: 1

The animations I saw in the Trailer unnerved me as well. They were probably placeholder animations or something though.

• DarkEyesXDarkEyesX Member Posts: 14

He must be talking about the more cartoonie animations, come on people, why would he trash talk for the hell of it, when evidently the grahpics are very good?

Obviously he means something by it.  I know some people are not used to the animations (and he did say animations, not graphics), because the toons are also a bit awkward looking in terms of realisim.  In some animation to choose from, the characters can seem fairly deformed or off balenced.

I personally like it, becaise its more an art style in animation rather a strict graphic.  One of the reasons I like this game is due to the fact that houses and land and objects and characters and monsters have their own unique style compared to other games, visually.

Sure you can pick a toon with skinny legs and arms and waist, with a big head... or a fat guy with really small head, lol, but thats just part of the style, and it really does give variety in custimization and personality.  You have to look at this game as if it came out of a fairy tale story almost.

I think this was what the OP was refering too, the animation style he is not a fan of.  The graphics in this game are very good, as well the engine.

• JelloB2000JelloB2000 Member CommonPosts: 1,848

Which animations? (Link to movie if you have)
    There is one movie with an arena & it looks that the characters slide forward instead of running sometimes. Other than that it looks like any FPS-game animation out there to me.
  • FWH-MolotokFWH-Molotok Member Posts: 6

I kind of agree... only in so far as to say that the animations appear to be incomplete, or unpolished if you will. I certainly hope they will have the things I noticed in the videos fixed prior to or very shortly after release, because they are annoying. The foot slide when a character is walking or running is probably the most annoying to me. It doesn't have to be perfect by any means, but the foot should stay pretty close to where it hits the ground, rather than sliding backwards as the character walks. It looks like the walking/running animation is moving too fast for how fast the character is actually moving forward.

It's too bad stupidity isn't painful.

• JorevJorev Member Posts: 1,500

Character models look great to me. They are unique compared to others I have seen, they have a kinda dark side to them, it's hard to describe but they seem more mature and adult oriented.

"We feel gold selling and websites that promote it damage games like Vanguard and will do everything possible to combat it."
    Brad McQuaid
    Chairman & CEO, Sigil Games Online, Inc.
    Executive Producer, Vanguard: Saga of Heroes
    www.vanguardsoh

• FWH-MolotokFWH-Molotok Member Posts: 6
    I agree, character models look great, but the animations are not so great yet. Models is a different subject than animations.

It's too bad stupidity isn't painful.

• KaneKane Member Posts: 780
    After watching the animation for the "arena monster" I have no idea what your talking about. Looks pretty good to me.

• hartamhartam Member Posts: 364
     Regarding animations, they already said that those are not set in stone, and they are thinking of changing it.