Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nostalgic PvP Crowd Funded Fandom - General Columns

2»

Comments

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    That.. that was beautiful Tim. Thank you *tears running down face*
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,985
    Kyleran said:
    Sovrath said:
    Thane said:
    DAoC was, is and will always be the king of pvp :)
    unless Marc actually manages to pull of camelot unchained.

and you know what was best? having like 2k people per server, you actually KNEW your enemy sooner or later - on our server for example, everyone knew wildehilde, her arti raids were legendary (wildehilde was a female char, hence the "she").

with all this cross server bullshit... no more honor in fight, guess we reached a WW point in MMOs by now (not bc of the "idea" behind it, just bc of the war-behaviours)
    This makes me want to try DAoC again. I actually liked it when I tried it but had no idea what my skills were actually doing and I felt I was just spamming skills.

I've gone back and played DAoC on and off the past few years and it's still a great game, but that UI...awful!  After all these years it still makes me want to tear my hair out.
    Agreed... but I just installed Bob's UI and holy crap does it make things better!

Really worth it eh?  How difficult to install?

Took me maybe 5 minutes.. then I fooled around with it for a half hour.    Google a tutorial as there are like 100 out there.  After watching a 5 minute one I was up and running

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    Yes Bob's UI is great for DAoC
    Chamber of Chains
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    Rhoklaw said:
    DAoC has always been my most favorite MMO with PvP. I still believe to this day that structured or controlled PvP promotes better competitive game play versus OWPvP, which in my opinion only promotes, griefing, chaos and pure frustration.
    Absolutely agree with this and it also encourages people like me who avoid PvP to participate because I can choose when I want to.
    Chamber of Chains
  • postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    Sovrath said:
    Thane said:

and you know what was best? having like 2k people per server, you actually KNEW your enemy sooner or later - on our server for example, everyone knew wildehilde, her arti raids were legendary (wildehilde was a female char, hence the "she").

with all this cross server bullshit... no more honor in fight, guess we reached a WW point in MMOs by now (not bc of the "idea" behind it, just bc of the war-behaviours)
    This makes me want to try DAoC again. I actually liked it when I tried it but had no idea what my skills were actually doing and I felt I was just spamming skills.

I've gone back and played DAoC on and off the past few years and it's still a great game, but that UI...awful!  After all these years it still makes me want to tear my hair out.
    Agreed... but I just installed Bob's UI and holy crap does it make things better!

Much better but some of the changes cause DAoC to crash. Then the task of figuring out which of the 1076 available options is the one causing the crash without resetting to defaults and starting over.

• Atis-nobAtis-nob Member UncommonPosts: 98

Kyleran said:

Sovrath said:

Thane said:

It still exists, in its original form, free and well over 2000 online regularly.

Legendary players once again walk the realms.

Spamming skills, yeah sometimes when trying to get your damn mezz to land on a purple and you blow half power bar.

Other times it's a ballet, as happened last night on one bad pull when I was the last healer around with any power.

I singlehandedly kept the tank and bard alive for about 5 min, balancing using my mana regen realm ability with judicious mana potion use and the three of us staved off a total wipe which would have ended the night early.

Not bad for a tertiary hybrid healer who spent most of the night as a mana bot and primary dpser. (more DOTs...)

A memorable fight, not the first nor the last.

Good times ahead. B)

What's your IGN, my crackdealing colleague?
  • General-ZodGeneral-Zod Member UncommonPosts: 868

Thane said:

Iv been playing PvP games for 14 plus years and I will be the first to attest that no other game had/has as much pride and honor as DaoC.

I will also admit that Midgard is the best realm with the most legendary fighters =P