Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bless Online Open World Faction PvP Information

2»

Comments

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    Recore said:
    This info is from http://steparu.com/

If you're the type that takes ganks seriously or random deaths, then you might need a new game. Getting gank isn't so bad if it's a player within your level, but do expect some max level player ganks here and there. I don't think there is any death penalty, but you're given an option to revive at the nearest resurrection point with a weakened state debuff or choose to run back to your rotting body for no weakened debuff.

Random Open World PvP Info
    -Always Flagged for Faction PvP
    -Can only PK enemy Faction
    -No safe zones
    -Level 30+ Quests Shared with Enemy Faction
    -Certain towns have guards that aggro players in combat..?
    -Players above 10 levels will show as "??" in their names.
    -You get EXP for killing players!
    -Channel System to Run Away or Hunt Players
    -You can ninja PK AFK players!
    -Can PK/PvP Right Outside Dungeon Entrances
    -1v1 PvP over 6 Levels miss a lot of attacks.
    -There is an Item that will make you immune to PK for 10minutes.
    -Group Questing is more Common Level 30+

100vs100 Battlegrounds Info
    -Only twice a day (Enforces Open World PvP?)
    -Your Level will Scale to 45 (Previous CBT)
    -Starts at 7:00 PM and 10:00 PM KST
    -Extremely hard to get in populated servers.
    -You can reserve/ninja queue at 6:50PM and 9:50pm

Other PvP/GvG (Stuff I'm Working Towards)
    -Join a nice GvG guild.
    -There is a castle and map/region control system.
    -Queue faster to get in the 100vs100 battlegrounds.
    -Do Castle Sieges
    -Get Max Level :v

I wouldn't be surprised to see changes to the "no safe areas" for the NA/EU release.  The western communities tend to be a lot more toxic in general.  So this would be in their best interest imo.  Open world pvp is fine by me.  But if i need to take a piss and I'm standing in town.  Coming back to some 12 year old (or grown adult) teabagging my corpse doesn't sound like a good time.
    [Deleted User]
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    Recore said:

Bless Online Instanced Dungeon Party Gameplay

Looks like a lot of fun.  Can't wait for the NA release. 
    [Deleted User]
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Recore said:

If you're the type that takes ganks seriously or random deaths, then you might need a new game. Getting gank isn't so bad if it's a player within your level, but do expect some max level player ganks here and there. I don't think there is any death penalty, but you're given an option to revive at the nearest resurrection point with a weakened state debuff or choose to run back to your rotting body for no weakened debuff.

-No safe zones

-Join a nice GvG guild.
    -Do Castle Sieges

I wouldn't be surprised to see changes to the "no safe areas" for the NA/EU release.  The western communities tend to be a lot more toxic in general.  So this would be in their best interest imo.  Open world pvp is fine by me.  But if i need to take a piss and I'm standing in town.  Coming back to some 12 year old (or grown adult) teabagging my corpse doesn't sound like a good time.
    That one never ceases to amaze me.
    I guess Asian people know how to raise their kids right, while we Westerners just let the TV and internet raise them. :pleased:

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• CirranCirran Member UncommonPosts: 6
    Hmm, well I was cautiously excited for this but PvP Epeen gank fest? LOLnope.

Cirran
  • Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    That dungeon vid looked lame as hell.
    Jemcrystal
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,010
    Recore said:

-No safe zones

-Join a nice GvG guild.
    -Do Castle Sieges

That one never ceases to amaze me.
    I guess Asian people know how to raise their kids right, while we Westerners just let the TV and internet raise them. :pleased:
    It's interesting, many years ago, in Lineage 2, a player lured a raid boss (or castle boss? Some such thing) into a town and it decimated everyone.

Some people were very angry at this (and come to think of it, it wasn't the first time) and and asked on the forums how the Koreans handled this on their servers.

One of the gm's replied "they don't do this, they're too busy playing the game".

I also remember a large raid on the korean servers (was watching a video) where the players all sat rows so the buffers would have an easier time moving down them, one by one and giving people buffs.

I realize that there are obviously eastern players who probably cause all sorts of mischief but I don't hear a lot about.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,065
    Looks like Archeage and BDO had a kid.
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Why would people play this over something like AA exactly? Hate to admit but I honestly trust Trion+XLGames vs Aeria.
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    I'd love to play an OWPvP on a Canadian server.
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    Any news on this game for EU/NA?

Kinda bored, so im gonna try ru with eng patch.

• GladDogGladDog Member RarePosts: 1,097
    I've played on PvP servers in WoW, Age of Conan and EQ2, and it is its own style of fun.  You play differently on a PvP server, for example it is really important to team up.  So the best way to go is to figure out a routine to stay busy until your friends log in.  I'll do dailies and missions close to town, so if I do go down, its not a big deal to get back to where I was, but this time I bring friends!

The one thing that happens when I am playing a game on a PvP server, is I have a backup game.  If my friends are not on, or I know they won't be on until I'm off to bed, I play the other game...

IMO PvP is not something to avoid like the plague, but it is something to take in doses you can handle.  For me about a half hour is all I can deal with solo, or two hours in a team.

The world is going to the dogs, which is just how I planned it!

• KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,563
    Just wanted to update and provide more info on OWPVP in Bless.

Bless OWPVP Ranking system 

Bless has a OWPVP ranking system similar to Aion. Both for individual players and guilds. 

The main currency for killing players is honour points. The more players you kill the more honour points you get. 

For individual players

You can get honour points from the following places :

- Participation in the 100 vs 100 BG. Points awarded upon completion of the BG.

Participation from the 3 vs 3 Arena. Points awarded upon completion of the match.

Participation in any other open-world PvP against players of the opposing faction.

Once a week (On tuesdays) your Honour points are summarised and recounted (you can view them at any time in your Profile). Depending on the amount of points you posses at the time of recount you receive a Rank and your Rating points are reduced by 30%.

Ranks and Rating points for Hieron and Union factions:

Ranks of the Hieron factionAmount of Rating points
    Weekly reward
    Ranks of the Union faction
    1. Mercenary
    Medal of the Autumn War - x10
    1. Militiaman
    2. Squire
    Medal of the Autumn War - x13
    2. Recruit
    3. Lance Sergeant
    Medal of the Autumn War - x22
    3. Junior Legionnaire
    4. Sergeant
    Medal of Fearlessness - x7
    4. Legionnaire
    5. Staff Sergeant
    Medal of Fearlessness - x12

Box of Luck with Unusual Runes - x1
    5. Senior Legionnaire
    6. Ensign
    Medal of Fearlessness - x17
    Box of Luck with Unusual Runes - x2
    6. Junior Guardsman
    7. Lieutenant
    Medal of Fearlessness - x23
    Box of Luck with Unusual Runes - x3
    7. Guardsman
    8. Lieutenant Commander
    Medal of Fearlessness - x31
    Box of Luck with Unusual Runes - x5
    8. Senior Guardsman
    9. Foreman
    Medal of Fearlessness - x40
    Box of Luck with Unusual Runes - x6
    9. Princeps
    10. Officer
    Medal of King's Honor - x10
    Steel of King's Honor - x1
    Ribbon of King's Honor - x1
    Box of Luck with Unusual Runes - x7
    10. Triarius
    11. Captain
    Medal of King's Honor - x15
    Box of Luck with Unusual Runes - x8
    11. Decurion
    12. Lieutenant Colonel
    Medal of King's Honor - x20
    Box of Luck with Unusual Runes - x10
    12. Centurion
    13. Colonel
    Medal of King's Honor - x25
    Box of Luck with Unusual Runes - x17
    13. Legate
    14. Commander
    Medal of King's Honor - x30
    Box of Luck with Unusual Runes - x19
    14. Prefect

Top 50 in Honour points

In order to be considered for top 50 in Honour points, you must submit an application for participation to an Examinator NPC. To be eligible to submit an application in the first place however, you must have been at least Rank 13 at the time of your last recount (not your current rank, but your last rank).

Along the regular weekly recount of honour points every Tuesday, there is another recount among all participants competing for top 50. First 50 players that have the highest amount of Rating points in their individual faction become top 50. Note, that there is a separate top 50 for Hieron and another, separate top 50 for Union factions, they are not shared.

This is how the top 50 recount occurs: let's say you registered for participation on Dec. 26, a Monday, at the NPC. If you make it to top 50, you will not receive your reward on Dec. 27th (the Tuesday), but rather on Jan. 3rd (the following Tuesday), because the recount accounts for points that you had at the moment of last recount that happened on Dec. 27th.

Upon becoming top 50 you receive a unique rank (that is unlike the 1-14 ranks listed above), and a unique reward specific to your place in the top 50:

For ranks 14-49 within the top 50 you receive:
    • Rank of Grandmaster (Hieron) or Corps Commander (Union).
    • Sunlight Medal of Honor x 34
    • Sunlight Steel of Honor x 2
    • Sunlight Ribbon of Honor x 2
    • Box of Luck with Unusual Runes x 19
    • Box of Luck with Rare Runes x 3
    For ranks 2-13 within the top 50 you will receive:
    • Rank of Marshal (Hieron) or Army Commander (Union).
    • Sunlight Medal of Honor x 68
    • Sunlight Steel of Honor x 3
    • Sunlight Ribbon of Honor x 3
    • Box of Luck with Rare Runes x 5
    • Unique flying mount for 7 days.
    For rank 1 within the top 50 you will receive:
    • Rank of Emperor (Hieron) or Commander in Chief (Union).
    • Sunlight Medal of Honor x 135
    • Sunlight Steel of Honor x 6
    • Sunlight Ribbon of Honor x 6
    • Box of Luck with Rare Runes x 10
    • Unique flying mount for 7 days.

IceAge
    OW PVP Ranking For Guilds

The guild leader earns influence points every time a player in the guild earns Honour points. 

If your a PVE player in the guild and don't want to pvp you can earn dungeon points. The guild leader will get influence points from that as well. 

Lastly if a player doesn't want to do pvp or dungeons that player can get discovery points from exploring and crafting. The guild leader will get influence points as well. 

In other words you need a really big and active guild if you want to participate in any guild events. 

Using influence points

- The guild leader can then use influence points to upgrade the guild, or get guild perks. 

- The guild leader can pay to declare war on another guild. It's a bidding process and the highest bidder wins the right to declare war. 

- The guild leader can bid on territories. The highest bidder wins the right to siege that territory. You can do this every 2 weeks. 

Realm Points

If your guild manages to take over a territory. The guild leader will get Realm points instead of influence points. The guild leader can then go to the realm shop and buy Legendary gear (The best pvp gear in the game) using realm points. 

Looking at the Realm Shop 

• jusomdudejusomdude Member RarePosts: 2,706
    I guess developers finally found out they can't compete with the already established good PvE games now they're developing open PvP games by the truckload. Which one will come out on top?
    Owning territory as a Guild

Every two weeks guilds use their influence points to bid on territories. If your in an alliance with another guild you can trade influence points to bump up the bid. 

Guild earn influence points from Guilds earn from Honor, Dungeon or Discovery points. So you need a fairly large and active guild to bid on a territory. 

Castle Siege 

During the siege you need to rush the castle and take down the Dragon General in the Castle. 

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    Hmm, I wonder if this game tanked in two other regions only because of poor quality, or did this PVP model also contribute to the failures?

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Bless is a PVP game for people that love PVP. 

I cant wait. :D
    IceAge
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,164
    Honestly it looks like an open world GW2.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

edited March 2018
    One of the areas in Bless is called "Basel Canyon". This is a big neutral zone similar to the Abyss in Aion. Both factions via for control of this zone. You have to be lvl 45+ to enter. Basel canyon is a field packed with elite monsters and bosses. They both give out honour points, so both factions grind these mobs for honour points. You need to be in a group to grind these mobs. 

The bosses drop lvl 45 pvpve gear, and there are tons of PVP dailies for this zone.