Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mass Effect Andromeda Isn’t As Bad As You’ve Heard - The RPG Files at MMORPG.com

1234568»

Comments

• JyiigaJyiiga Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    edited April 2017
    I made it about four hours into this game and I called it quits. Maybe I did not make it far enough. However, way to many little problems for my taste and extremely weak when compared to any of the first three games. A detached main character, who seems indifferent about everything going on around her. Forgettable characters with subpar voice acting. An entire crew of people that should be intimately familiar with one another considering their mission, yet they all act like they just met. Grade school quality banter during combat that makes me cringe when I hear it.

The combination of all of those things left me completely detached from all of them and wondering why I was still playing this game. They seem neither fearful of the situation they are in or in awe of being in a new galaxy. They simply, are. That is not enough to keep me playing and has resulted in me adding my 2 cents to this thread and my rather poor score to metacritic.

The big problem here is, even if they improve the next game greatly.. I will still need to play this one to know what the hell is going on. I'm not sure I will be willing to muscle down my gag reflex that long. At this point I had it refunded. I would go further, but then I would be outside of the refund policy. Oh well.
  • lyinggod0lyinggod0 Member UncommonPosts: 8
    "Mass Effect Andromeda Isn’t As Bad As You’ve Heard"

Yes it is and the issues have nothing to do with the graphics, cinematics, animations, or mechanics. The new patch exasperates needless issues built into the game. Fortunately, I waited a bit on buying it and now that these problems are revealed, I wont; especially since the publisher seems intent on making the issues worse instead of just removing them.

I would be more specific but in the 21st century, expressing a contrary opinion is likely to get one pepper sprayed or (verbally) attacked because free speech means "no dissenting opinions, ever". Its what makes America already great.
  • FuriantFuriant Member UncommonPosts: 30
    edited April 2017
    Ozmodan said:
    Furiant said:

I'm so tired of reviewers telling me that I'm some mindless drone in the social media hive mind. Social media is a bunch of people. You use social media -- how did you manage to escape the mob mentality?

Give us a little credit please. I'm an adult and capable of forming my own opinions, thank you. And ME:A is exactly as bad as I would have me believe.

Another obvious post by someone who did not play the game.  Just regurgitating someone else's negative opinion is rather sad. 

Personally still playing the game and despite a few minor bugs I had a blast playing it.  Too bad you are missing out.
    ROFL no.