Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds - I Play for Blood a Previews at MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited April 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imagePlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds - I Play for Blood a Previews at MMORPG.com

I love battle royale style games. Where players are let loose in an environment to their own strategies, where the only objective is to be the last man standing. Or the group of doubles, or a full squad left standing. But for me, I enjoy these sort of games the most when I'm on my own with the odds stacked against me. I play for blood (virtual although it may be). My latest addiction is the Steam Early Access title PLAYERUNKOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• subxaerosubxaero Member UncommonPosts: 94
    edited April 2017
    I havent had so much fun playing a game for quite a while.Of course it has its issues from optimization to server issues and disconnects from time 2 time.

Kinda disagree with author on the rarity of some weapons i feel its on the right side of things. Reducing the weapons it will create more camping spots and it will reduce the map action on specific areas.

The overall aim of the game even though simple is incredibly fun and well made, all weapons are viable, i for example love the uzi and the UMP i hate the AKM the M16 and i love the M4, some others have different tastes.

Here is me hoping this game wont stay in alpha mode like some others for enternity, we could use some optimization, some more items and wardrobe to dress our player.There are so many things they can add, but the gameplay should be adjusted in a huge level. Its super fun so far
  • JIRWINKOJIRWINKO Member CommonPosts: 2

subxaero said:

I havent had so much fun playing a game for quite a while.Of course it has its issues from optimization to server issues and disconnects from time 2 time.

Kinda disagree with author on the rarity of some weapons i feel its on the right side of things. Reducing the weapons it will create more camping spots and it will reduce the map action on specific areas.

The overall aim of the game even though simple is incredibly fun and well made, all weapons are viable, i for example love the uzi and the UMP i hate the AKM the M16 and i love the M4, some others have different tastes.

Here is me hoping this game wont stay in alpha mode like some others for enternity, we could use some optimization, some more items and wardrobe to dress our player.There are so many things they can add, but the gameplay should be adjusted in a huge level. Its super fun so far

Well I did say I prefer too much of a good thing over too little of a good thing! So even in my own stance I know it's a minor nitpick. For an Early Access title, I'm not only impressed but I'm outright addicted to it.

It also gives players some much needed options because for the most part, H1Z1: King of the Kill has been the suggested go-to for this style of game and after a while I just wasn't feeling it. It felt like despite all the updates, it was taking steps backwards. I'm hoping this stays on a consistent path forward, and that it becomes the new go-to for fans of these battle royale style pvp games.
  • zenomexzenomex Member UncommonPosts: 242
    30usd for a redneck simulator that looks like DayZ... yeah no thanks
  • JIRWINKOJIRWINKO Member CommonPosts: 2

zenomex said:

Redneck simulator! Ha, I like that. Well for the price tag, and being an Early Access game I can definitely understand that stance. I've been burned a fair share of times by Early Access, and while there is no guarantee that this won't burn me at some point it's off to a pretty favorable start. I'd suggest keeping an eye on it if it ever draws your interest again, see how far it's come a few months from now or something. Despite a similar look to DayZ, it's much less of a 'walking simulator' and definitely more action focused so I can put that worry to rest. But the redneck simulator crack did make me grin, thanks for that! ;)
  • AgeniAgeni Member UncommonPosts: 44
    I've never played survival games like H1Z1, DayZ or others.... I know it's only battleground and one game take between 1 minute to 15-20 minutess (just guess), but I am enjoying game ALOT and this feeling when there are last 3 man standing at the small circle is just perfect !!!

I rally like it and even there are problems with ping and HW optimalization, I have a good times on the Island!! :)

Cheers,
    Ageni
  • 45074507 Member UncommonPosts: 351
    edited April 2017
    I'm loving this game right now, but at least half of my play sessions are ended by an onset of debilitating lag spikes... The amount of times I've flipped my car because the game froze while going 90 mph down a winding highway makes me think it might just be better to wait until it comes out of alpha to continue playing.

I agree with you on toning down the loot table though - search a few apartment buildings and you've got a 50/50 chance of finding at least 2 level 3 pieces of gear in addition to a SCAR-L, M4 or S12K with enough ammo to last you the rest of the game.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    And this is why CS:GO is my go to game for PVP. :p
  • JakobmillerJakobmiller Member RarePosts: 674
    The general outcome of every round for someone that play casually is this:

1. Drop to a spot where there are houses. You don't know what houses are best for loot, so just dropping somewhere.
    2. Hopefully find some crappy short range weapon.
    3. Deal with the people that are in the town or the houses nearby you.
    4. Search for better weapons until circle hits you and you need to run
    5. Run into a house and get one-shotted by someone camping in a corner/on the toilet, OR end up in a open spot where you with your shotgun and ump have to deal with people carrying SKS, AWP, M4 and so on.

This have happened way too many times for me...

The team mode seems a bit more action filled and fun though!
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    IMO these battle royale games are wasting so much potential. You have a huge world that can be full of exploration, people, things to do and discover, etc... yet all they use it is for a free for all PvP.

• NPCPakNPCPak Member UncommonPosts: 36

IMO these battle royale games are wasting so much potential. You have a huge world that can be full of exploration, people, things to do and discover, etc... yet all they use it is for a free for all PvP.

Maybe things can change for the future, you never know what might be added in over time.
    (NPCPak) Nobukon
  • zenomexzenomex Member UncommonPosts: 242

JIRWINKO said:

zenomex said:

Redneck simulator! Ha, I like that. Well for the price tag, and being an Early Access game I can definitely understand that stance. I've been burned a fair share of times by Early Access, and while there is no guarantee that this won't burn me at some point it's off to a pretty favorable start. I'd suggest keeping an eye on it if it ever draws your interest again, see how far it's come a few months from now or something. Despite a similar look to DayZ, it's much less of a 'walking simulator' and definitely more action focused so I can put that worry to rest. But the redneck simulator crack did make me grin, thanks for that! ;)

It's just that all of these games look so alike, it's like they are all using some premade assets, the same engine or something like that. 30usd is a whole lot of money, especially if ur gna compare it with other games like The Witcher :/
  • MarrondMarrond Member CommonPosts: 2

JIRWINKO said:

--preview article--

To be completely honest with you I'm disappointed with PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds - it was supposed to be THE Battle Royale to go to and instead it's just a refugee point for all those disappointed H1Z1 players out there. Firearms everywhere, households with more ammo than in some military camps, lack of any meaningful melee combat system, no traps or otherwise functional systems, not even bleeding after goddamn gunshot wound. This is basically H1Z1 with better visuals. Sure, weapons are more fair (if my enemy knew yesterday that he took 99% of my life with 2 shotgun shots at point blank range he wouldn't agree with you here) but in all honesty it still comes down to pretty much the same gameplay. It's not a bad game but it's not what I'd expect from supposed Messiah of Battle Royale genre. Also, 3rd person perspective ruins each and every engagement where everyone camps behind something while seeing their enemy's moves with no problem whatsoever. Don't get me wrong, camping isn't the problem here, it's that while in 1st person you need to expose yourself to see your enemy - otherwise there are no consequences and only reason to move is force field pushing you out. It makes for unentertaining gameplay and even more dull engagements.

This is literally what Battle Royale stands for. Survival of the fittest. People thrown into pit against each other to fight for life and death. It's not a "survival" genre, it's kill'em all genre.

• ClassicstarClassicstar Member UncommonPosts: 2,697
    First time i play a game like this.
    I hate games like CS:GO i liked game like DayZ mod(not standalone).
    DayZ was a running simulator with almost no loot and you could exploring seeing no players for hours many towns where you never saw player ever.
    This game is so much more fun fast loot and plenty encounters with players end of game is pure fun tense fights.
    Circles at end are so devastating i died many times trying to kill player but forgetting blue circle hehe.
    Never thought i would buy a game like this but when i saw videos of this from beta i thought why not, now i have 100 hours in and still love it.
    Learned alot by watching streamers like Break-Joshggo-Fairlight-Sacriel-Summit.

Still need alot of tweaking and optimization but it's already a blast.

Hope to build full AMD system RYZEN/VEGA/AM4!!!

MB:Asus V De Luxe z77
    CPU:Intell Icore7 3770k
    GPU: AMD Fury X(waiting for BIG VEGA 10 or 11 HBM2?(bit unclear now))
    MEMORY:Corsair PLAT.DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB
    PSU:Corsair AX1200i

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I understand advertising and i understand websites pampering to ANY game that will possibly send them money or partner on click baits whatever.
    What bothers me is the constant claim of EARLY ACCESS.
    QUALITY journalism would be asking,since a game is SUPPOSE to be early access,what exactly is in the pipeline for the next 1-2 years.
    Yes i said 2 years because to make a quality game you need 3-5 years,so if your only in 1 year of production,you had better be able to cough up your intentions for design towards the so called FINISHED product.

You cannot wing it as you go because that would mean you do NOT have a plan to develop the game further and are just lying through your teeth.This site as well as others have a duty to report LEGIT journalism and not fake or lies,it makes his site an accessory to plagiarism.SO yeah these devs had better have the ENTIRE game design ready to put forward and the time expected to fulfill the promise of a finished game.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    edited April 2017
    Haven't had any disconnects just the game needs to be more optimized, and support for 5:4 and non wide screen monitors.

The fun part about anonymity and being on voice is fun.
    Post edited by Renoaku on
  • F2PlagueF2Plague Member UncommonPosts: 232
    Game is already riddled with hackers. No anti-cheat protection whatsoever. Watched a guy get 33 kills in one solo que game. Squads is boring, basically the only way to win is to avoid combat and race against the wall. Don't see how this is fun.
  • TybostTybost Member UncommonPosts: 629
    I bought this game a few days ago and really enjoy squad mode. I don't know anyone else who owns the game, and so I play with other random team members as the fourth random player. My second squad match a group of my squad members told me "We're going to kill you, if you don't have a mic" I of course believed the threat since players can do that with zero penaltys. I quickly left the game and started up a new one with a fresh team and we ended up winning top spot.

I hope in the future they will add some sort of way for text communication for team chat. I do not plan on using a microphone and if that is not on the menu--- at minimum I hope they add some protections & or penalty's for players that seek to team kill you for your loot, or for whatever other reason. I will not be playing PUBG until they address one of the two issues. Please PUBG--- give me a way to communicate with other players, or provide protections against hostile players.

• Add text message chat for team only. (Duo/Squads)
    • Removal of team damage entirely or heavily reduced damage and team members can only bring your health down to a certain %.
    • Penalty's for the intentional TKs.
    The game is fun and I really enjoy squad mode and teamwork--- but teaming with other random players with no protections, and no way of communication beyond voice chat--- is simply not fun ~ especially when those other players seek to ruin the match for you. I believe they can fix these issues during early access and look forward to when I can play the game with basic protections, and a way of communicating beyond voice chat.